CATARACT SURGURY in Phitsanulok-Reccomendation pleasene

mhortig

I am looking for a hospital/clinic to do phaecoemulsification and IOL implantation. I have done extensive research and the clinics most used by falangs are in Bangkok and Chiangmai. I would prefer not to have to travel to do this. I really would like to have it done here in Phitsanulok. I have already checked out King Naresuan University Governent hospital and ruled it out. (If anybody wants to know why, message me).

If anyone has had this done in my area I would like to know about your experience. Where, was it successful, any problems ? Who was the Doctor and what type of IOL was used-monofocal or multifocal. I would also appreciate to know the toal cost, with preop exams, medication etc .

This is an outpatient procedure for most people so I would be looking for specific doctor recommendations rather than general hospital obtained at. It should be done in hospital type operating room but there is no stay or nursing (outside of operating room) involved. It does require return visits over a period of time but a two day stay and then returns would be reasonable for doing in a major center as listed above. I would expect the Government hospital there likely has the best doctor but may only be available on set days and follow up by someone else? If your hospital concern is not specific to this procedure not sure why you have ruled them out but still want local treatment. I would not even consider an upcountry clinic, regardless of the doctor, myself. Clinics tend to be pill dispensaries in my experience.

I have had both my right and left eye done at Kalasin Hospital, four years apart. Although in the west it is an outpatient operation in a Thailand Government Hospital it is a two night stay, the night before the operation, and the night of the operation, and then you are released the next morning. You then have to go back about 10 days later and then 1 month later.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Issangeorge

My wife had both eyes done last year at Vejthani Hospital here in Bangkok and it was indeed an outpatient procedure (performed in OR) with about 2 hours to dilate eye and 45 minutes for prep/operation and a visit next day to remove eye cover and check is required (about 10 minutes). Then later checks. The cost was 35k each with single focus IOL and medications/follow up.

Wife prefers to be home so getting done would have been an issue in that case - but understand others might prefer to stay in medical facility. Although it really is not that traumatic as wife went to Lotus on way home to buy sunglasses and she is not one who even wants to visit anywhere normally. Nurse told wife she wanted to have done for her mother but price was too high so used government hospital but did not ask price. But for major private hospital believe 35k is lower than most.