Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top gear is the gem in the BBCs catalogue and sold to zilions of countries round the world with JC speaking in a variety of tongues so they wont pull the plug .

when the BBC moved to Manchester he told em he wasnt going there as it sucks bad ,and he got away with it

So the word slope has now been hijacked by the "racist" movement just like the word gay has been hijacked by homosexuals.

The world has gone mad.

Has anyone considered that the bridge may not have looked level?

Asian people didn't choose the word slope it's derogatory....it was racists.

Gay is only derogatory when spat out by homophobes

Just to throw a wrench(s) into your argument:

1) Not all Asians are of the same race. Many are caucasian and some are of African origin. Using the term Asian people only applies to what continent they are from, not their race.

2) The term slope is commonly used in the road/bridge building professions. The camber of a road is expressed as the percent slope. Where in my country we use the term camber, my Indian engineers just use the term slope.

3) The gradient of a road is generally expressed as percent slope,

So, the term Slope is no more derogatory than the word Gay, it just depends on how the words are used. wink.png

You want to pick on J Clarkson? How about the time he reviewed a new Cadillac and made the comment that only Old People and Pimps would own one..... great one liner, loved it! biggrin.png

At least this woman got some free PR from it. Even if she is now despised by the UK indigenous population. I wonder how much the BBC will pay her to go away? Sickening.

I think we can be pretty sure she will not be getting an audtion for Blue Peter, or Britian's Brightest....biggrin.png

Calling an Asian a "slope" is a derogatory term, period. There is no other way to look at it.

"That is a proud moment but...there's a slope on it. Yeah, right, it's higher on that side."

I'm no more East Asian than the Indian hypocrite seeking to redistribute one million pounds of cash from the British taxpayers into her own personal bank account, I could claim to be just as offended-on-other-people's-behalf as her, my claim for "compensation" is as good has hers. Indians in the UK have a proud tradition of milking New Labour's divisive race-legislation for this kind of thing and so I suspect that this opportunist is merely following a well-worn path. No other way to look at it? Or just an inability to look at it?

BBC faces £1MILLION racism lawsuit over Jeremy Clarkson's 'slope' quip on Top Gear Burma special

Somi Guha, 36, is suing BBC over alleged racist remark on Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson caused outrage by using word 'slope' in Burma special

Term is a derogatory phrase for people of Asian descent

Actress Ms Guha's lawyers say action could cost the BBC £1million

They demand organisation apologises and takes show off the air

By LIZZIE EDMONDSEDMONDS

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/711700-jeremy-clarkson-accused-of-racism-during-top-gear-series-finale-in-thailand/page-30#entry7622217

So this Indian actress (?) is suing the BBC (which is funded by the British public) for a comment made on one it's TV shows.

Couldn't she just give us a song instead?

The BBC is owned by the government, they charge UK households 'tv licence' fee (the only channel which does this) even if they don't watch their channel.

I doubt the UK folks would be too bothered if the government had to pay for this - even if it would meaning losing to the most pathetic attempt for a claim.

The 'government' as you put it doesn't pay for anything. They simply waste our money and sign the cheques.

Maybe the BBC will pay to build a new bridge which is flat and straight ?

Could offer useful work to some under-employed Indian actors (and their legal advisors) to help with the construction and help maintain their bank balances ?

Edited by attento

Who on earth is Somi Guha when she's at home? You might ask

Turns out she is an actress but the guy on the bridge is probably better known than she is.

Not a bad way to get yourself better known now is is it?

I thought JG's remark was quite witty and if I were Asian I doubt if I would have been offended in anyway whatsoever.

Having been called a sheepsha**er by many an Englishman in jest I've been around long enough to know there's nothing racist about those type of jibes. It comes with the territory no matter your race or colour.

Never ceases to amaze me why Caucasians are always the ones branded as racist yet whether we be at home or abroad we can mix with virtually anyone unlike some races who no matter where they go set up single race communities and want nothing to do with others..We have all cracked jokes about other races at sometime or another but without malice.

God forbid the day we have to stop telling jokes about the Scotsman the Englishman and the Irishman because we fear we might end up in court.

This Somi Guha is being deliberately controversial in my opinion. It's the oldest trick in the book to gain fame and some people have made millions doing it and if the truth be known they couldn't care less about any man anywhere on any bridge.

The BBC should file her complaint where it belongs....in the bin

Well said sheep shagger; I'm a Yorkie, that's similar to a Jock but just that little bit tighter! I know it's gay wedding day but I wasn't inferring anything about <deleted>!!

For those of you who still don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

Stewart Lee's timing is masterful and his Joe Pasquale material is really, side-splittingly, funny. He does, however, typically apply the standard leftist formula: (1) X has opinions which are at odds with my ideology, (2) therefore X is (i) less intelligent than me and (ii) X is evil and should be executed. Stewart Lee is the smartest man on Earth. According to Stewart Lee.

In the words of Caligula

'would that they had but one neck'

then one judicious slice would rid the entire planet of these PC apologists

;)

Do you think it wise to rely on an incestuous child murderer as a source for your argument?

Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise." Cato.

I have just done a CM, Bangkok etc plane trip. In CM the first in the international queue was a young woman 5 months pregnant going to London. The check in desk man would not book her luggage through. She had to go quite a way to the domestic flight counter, which meant that in Bangkok she had to collect her luggage (and she had plenty) and check in again. Plus he made her pay for the excess baggage. She told me later that the woman at the domestic was equally nasty. I was next in line, no problems and I didn't pay for my excess baggage. She was a charming young lady who had spent 3 months in CM for a massage course. She said to me several times.......I can't understand why they were so awful to me.

I didn't like to say..........perhaps it is because you are black.

I have just done a CM, Bangkok etc plane trip. In CM the first in the international queue was a young woman 5 months pregnant going to London. The check in desk man would not book her luggage through. She had to go quite a way to the domestic flight counter, which meant that in Bangkok she had to collect her luggage (and she had plenty) and check in again. Plus he made her pay for the excess baggage. She told me later that the woman at the domestic was equally nasty. I was next in line, no problems and I didn't pay for my excess baggage. She was a charming young lady who had spent 3 months in CM for a massage course. She said to me several times.......I can't understand why they were so awful to me.

So you are suggesting that this (apocryphal?) anecdote justifies J Clarkson's comments on TV?

So you are suggesting that this (apocryphal?) anecdote justifies J Clarkson's comments on TV?

Of course she isn't.

Your comment is as lame as Clarkson's quip.