Gov defends Phuket against detractors

webfact

When pressed about such non-issues as stolen passports, crime and the tuk-tuk mafia, Maitri 'The Artful Dodger' Inthusut rightly chose to speak of the true blemish to Phuket's reputation - GOATS.

• Like 1

When pressed about such non-issues as stolen passports, crime and the tuk-tuk mafia, Maitri 'The Artful Dodger' Inthusut rightly chose to speak of the true blemish to Phuket's reputation - GOATS.

I'm really bad remembering names, specially here. I often try to play with the names (and Thai words) to make those more easy to remember.

Governor Mighty Insult formed naturally. I can not anymore read his name without transforming it.

B.B.Phuket posted

This guy is all talk and no action. He knows about ALL the problems but does little or nothing. Maybe is is not capable or maybe he choses to do nothing. He likes to have "discussions" with criminals and illegal businesses, instead of insisting to enforce the law. Suthep claims he will have a clean Thailand, and if so, will he do something about the situation in Phuket? The place is now a joke.

Basically there are problems as the Gov states, and what is this ... nothing more than a PR effort. Why try and solve the porblems when you can slap a public relations job on the wall and see if any sticks.

If not we can just do it again next month.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

CiaranO, on 25 Mar 2014 - 13:34, said:

Here is the fundamental problem with the Governor - all the excuses. He has an excuse for everything.

"traffic seems to be getting better everyday" - where does he live to make such a statement?

"Phuket needs a higher budget from the central government to strengthen the police" - No you dont - you just need the current police here to actually do their jobs. And hell no do you need more money - more money means more corruption and money been skimmed of the top.

"The recent tuk-tuk rally in Phuket is an example of the problems that originate from conflict and misunderstanding between two groups of businesses" - abd that gives them the right to shut down Patong and demand their colleagues be released and the police chief transferred?

“We need regular meetings to discuss and exchange opinions and views in order to understand each other better" - dont you keep cancelling the regular meetings with the consulates and embassies?

All i read in his interview is excuses for everything.

What you say is very true, most problems on Phuket could be solved, if only the Governor did as he should. In any western country, he wouldn't have a job. All he seems to do is blame others or sugar coat "turds."

I step a foot in Phuket the first time in 1999 and the tuk tuk problem was there and it is still there, but now you find many more tuk tuk and they are more agressive and the tourists are aware of their scam and reporting every tuk tuk problems on the net. The tuk tuk problem is a big stain on the image of Phuket so it will be a go idea to take care of it now not 25 more years later. facepalm.gif

The governor should not be defending the scofflaws, he should be putting his efforts in identifying the problems and coming up with solutions. As usual, put your head in the sand and there is no problem. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

When these officials talk like this, at what point do they think " I'm going to say xxxxxxxxx, because farangs are dumb same buffalo, so they will just believe me"? I think these limp-wristed reporters should grow a pair and ask hard questions. Show him reviews about scams, tuk tuks, and bad police on the internet. Instead of addressing them, I'm sure he will next claim he is going to sue TripAdvisor for making Phuket look bad........what a douche.