Moves to block CAPO funds

webfact

I am not being sarcastic.

There is now 3 organisations trying for a judicial coup.

1. The EC who were all appointed during the last Coup.

2. The Constitutional Court who only read the bits of the constitution that suits thier needs. ( I think most members were appointed by the un elected government during the last coup)

3. The Un-elected members of the Rump Senate who were all appointed by the unelected government during the last coup.

With these forces working against democracy what chance does Thailand have.

Thailand is becoming a laughing stock.

Firstly Dr. Bruce??? I suppose you seem to think that democracy is only about the right to vote and there is so much more that makes a democracy than this.

2. Unless you will be hiding in a closet this weekend i believe a Senate willbe having elections again. Which brings me to see you don't know diddly about the politics here because they elect Senators. As a matter of fact the wife of one red shirt leader is campaigning now for a senate position.

3. Part of a democracy means having neutral agencies to provide checks and balances to the elected Gov. Just because you don't agree with their decisions does not maje them biased and certainly does not make you correct.

4. It is the constitutional courts job to interpret and make judgement for all matters pertaining to the questionability of what is written in it. Simply because you are angry that most all decision made by these agencies are going against the PTP nd YLs wishes does not make them biased.

If anyrhing your comments have shown that you wish all independent agencies like these were HARDCORE REDS and agreed with all the REDS say. Which also means you are not interested in a democracy. You want a Gov that is above the law and think they can do whatever they want without fear of consequences or reprisals. You can easily find it the way you seem to want in N. Korea. I read he held elections recently and won an unprecedented 100% votes choosing the leader

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you don't know diddly about the politics here because they elect Senators

76 Senators are elected, 74 appointed. You may remember recently a certain government had a problem with the Constitutional Court because they had the temerity to want to change to an all elected Senator system - apparently unconstitutional. Maybe it's you who "don't know diddly".

As far as the rest goes I can't be bothered arguing with you - who would argue against a person who wields the North Korea card?

• Like 1

All the nonsense here reminds me that the EC had asked the head CMPO for some clarifications on 2.3 billion Baht spent. With the CMPO changed back to CAPO only who has inherited the task to report to the EC?

Edited by rubl

klauskunkel Posted 2014-03-17 17:44:28

Quote:

Meanwhile, the CMPO director said that he would not attend the Election Commission’s meeting to scrutinize the center’s budget, claiming that he was not the one responsible for the budget’s disbursement.

Hearing this, the EC denies further budget requests...

Then Chalerm accuses the EC of obstructing the CMPO's mission...

Then the EC tells Chalerm to go and get therapy...

After that we hear news of grenade attacks on EC members houses...

Then the EC says it's all a big misunderstanding...

Then Chalerm says: "hic!"

looks like my first prediction is coming true, I'm pretty sure the last one is going to be self-fulfilling, about the four in the middle: wait and see...

2. The Constitutional Court who only read the bits of the constitution that suits thier needs. ( I think most members were appointed by the un elected government during the last coup)

3. The Un-elected members of the Rump Senate who were all appointed by the unelected government during the last coup.

And one organization breaking or ignoring laws in it's leader's quest for ultimate unbridled power.

If PTP didn't break the law, ignore the rules and lie they wouldn't be in this mess. No one with any intelligence would believe PTP are remotely interested in democracy, would they?

All the nonsense here reminds me that the EC had asked the head CMPO for some clarifications on 2.3 billion Baht spent. With the CMPO changed back to CAPO only who has inherited the task to report to the EC?

That task has probably been delegated to the same person who is working on answering the Ombudsman's questions on the illegal passport Poo's cousin issued to her brother. Very busy in-tray. thumbsup.gif

You are way too late on that call. Change Is becoming to has been ... for quite some time now.

" The panel found the CAPO had used the central fund before the government received EC approval, which is a breach of Article 181 (2) of the Constitution. "

A victory for constitutional adherence, and another blow to Pheu Thai's aversion to accountability. This whole " parliamentary vacuum period " has been an education. Because of it, Pheu Thai has been under greater oversight scrutiny than they would have otherwise received. No wonder Chalerm didn't show up a few weeks ago to defend the allocation. As a member of Pheu Thai, apart from a natural aversion to being called on to detail accountability, he also likely thought that a simple blanket demand would be adhered to. It hasn't. And of course this is but the latest explicit indication of Pheu Thai's slipping administrative control, such as it was.

• Like 1

It would be much easier to approve the funds for use, if a list of what the funds were going to be used for was tabled for approval.

Fund use without accountability? :rolleyes:

But...but...but they won the election, they can do what they want!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Firstly Dr. Bruce??? I suppose you seem to think that democracy is only about the right to vote and there is so much more that makes a democracy than this.

2. Unless you will be hiding in a closet this weekend i believe a Senate willbe having elections again. Which brings me to see you don't know diddly about the politics here because they elect Senators. As a matter of fact the wife of one red shirt leader is campaigning now for a senate position.

3. Part of a democracy means having neutral agencies to provide checks and balances to the elected Gov. Just because you don't agree with their decisions does not maje them biased and certainly does not make you correct.

4. It is the constitutional courts job to interpret and make judgement for all matters pertaining to the questionability of what is written in it. Simply because you are angry that most all decision made by these agencies are going against the PTP nd YLs wishes does not make them biased.

If anyrhing your comments have shown that you wish all independent agencies like these were HARDCORE REDS and agreed with all the REDS say. Which also means you are not interested in a democracy. You want a Gov that is above the law and think they can do whatever they want without fear of consequences or reprisals. You can easily find it the way you seem to want in N. Korea. I read he held elections recently and won an unprecedented 100% votes choosing the leader

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you don't know diddly about the politics here because they elect Senators

76 Senators are elected, 74 appointed. You may remember recently a certain government had a problem with the Constitutional Court because they had the temerity to want to change to an all elected Senator system - apparently unconstitutional. Maybe it's you who "don't know diddly".

As far as the rest goes I can't be bothered arguing with you - who would argue against a person who wields the North Korea card?

Seems like you some people are a bit loose with the facts. The change in the senators system was ruled unconstitutional because of voting fraud, not that they wanted to change the system. Remember that. Or is that BIASED?

It is the constitutional courts job to interpret and make judgement for all matters pertaining to the question-ability of what is written in it. Simply because you are angry that most all decision made by these agencies are going against the PTP and YLs wishes does not make them biased.

If anything your comments have shown that you wish all independent agencies like these were HARDCORE REDS and agreed with all the REDS say.

And here we have it condensed. THE main problem PTP and the Red Shirts refuse to acknowledge. You against us, you biased.

Of course, it can be interpreted as suspicious that all the agencies with an axe to grind are hitting the PTP hard now. Why? They smell blood and have been intimidated into acquiescence for so long.