Work permit for my wife business

Hello everyone.

I am having a non imm O visa based on marriage,its a 3 month single entry.

My question is can i obtain a work permit so i can work legal in my wife business .

What will happen with my non imm O will i be able to extend to 1 year after 3 months?

Thanks .

You can certainly apply for an extension to stay based on marriage if 400,000 Bht can be shown in your Thai bank account or you can ( by Embassy certification ) demonstrate an income of 40,000 Bht / month.

You need to say what your wife's business is and what job you would be undertaking before the question about a work permit can be answered

Does the company earn enough money is one of the main points, are there 2 other thais employed to be able to get a Work permit for you

Company? Very well possible there is no company limited, but the business is simply registered on his wife's name.

Is it possible at all to get a work permit working for a Thai employer who has a business registered on his/her own name (bu khun thammada), so no company limited or partnership limited? Not much information about this on the forum, though the question will be relevant for many foreigners who "have a business" which is legally registered on the Thai wife's or girlfriends name.

It is possible to get a work permit for sole proprietor business.

But not an extension of stay from immigration for working it has to be registered company.

It is really only good for somebody married to a Thai that can get their extensions for that.

Any links or threads with info on this option would be appreciated

But not an extension of stay from immigration for working it has to be registered company.

It is really only good for somebody married to a Thai that can get their extensions for that.

Joe, in that case, a work permit would be granted based on an employment offer with the usual stipulation of salary according to nationality, I presume?

Joe, in that case, a work permit would be granted based on an employment offer with the usual stipulation of salary according to nationality, I presume?

There are no minimum salary requirements to get a work permit. Only for getting extension of stay for working under clause 2.1 of the police order.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have additional questions:

If;

(a) my Thai wife has a sole proprietorship

(B) turnover is not enough for VAT registration.

© I am on a 1 one extension of stay based on marriage to her

In regards to work permits...

Can:

(a) she/we agree on any wage for my services, as long as it is more than the Thai minimum wage?

Does:

(a) She need to have any Thai employees on the books?

Finally, what have I not thought about?

Paul

PS Where can read more about this? All the Lawyer websites does really cover this specific an example.