Sending Documents Securely to Singapore: Options?

NanLaew

I have used DHL and Fedex in Pattaya for incoming stuff for years and never had a problem. However, I need to send a small package of important documents to Singapore before the weekend so the recipient has them for next Wednesday. I could use either DHL or FedEx (most likely the former) but are there other options? I have seen TNT courier trucks plus some other local ones. There's also Thailand Post and their International EMS service, no? Experiences and recommendations please.

Opinions on what would be the easiest for my wife to deal with as I am the recipient in Singapore and she is the one sending from Pattaya. Her job prevents her burning some airmiles and hopping on a plane herself this weekend!

Thanks!

NL

Thanks chuck. Do you recall their delivery time to PI? I assume it's a flat-rate in the region, just trying to gauge their time to Singapore.

As I recall it took about four days to Manila. The last one I sent to the US took six days and it caught a weekend. It was delivered to the addressee on a Monday morning.

I would imagine if your wife took it tomorrow, it would arrive in Singapore on the 4th-5th day. Have her ask when the delivery might be made and that will give you some idea.

You can also track the shipment on their web site. She will receive a receipt that will have the tracking number.

The web site is: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx