Nuts: almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts etc. Where to buy in BKK

Nepal4me

You can also buy them online at Good Karma Thailand.. they sell many raw nuts and can special order if they do not have in stock and also some yummy nut butters

http://www.healthfoodthailand.com

No macadamia, no walnuts.

There are cashews but really whats the nutrients in cashews?

Good for raw almonds 1kg 525B but what's the delivery price?

I think you should do a bit more research on cashews. Lots of nutrient value there. Google: cashews healthy benefits for all the details. I'd keep away from the salted ones.

Funny

I don't do salt, have not eaten a grain of salt for over 2 years.

Because of my condition I have been researching the impact of food in our /my health for the past 3 years

So I love it when someones advises me to "research" a food.

1/ First technically there is no such thing as raw cashews, yes even the ones labelled "raw". Cashews are naturally coated with a very toxic layer which would make them unsafe for humans in nature. For me that's clear enough message that nature is sending me to stay clear from it.

2/ But we have technology and we can process food, yes I say "process" purposely, because it alters irremediably the food's properties.

For cashews,they are heated, usually roasted, which is the easiest way to destroy the toxin.

If the company wants to market cashews as a "health food",they will generally steam and boil them in oil to get rid of the toxic shell in a softer manner and pretend they are "raw". They sell them as such, but it really means here "not roasted".

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/rawcashew.html

-3/ Once we passed these problems and we are not specially bothered about losing nutrients and/or possible remaining traces of toxins, they still are

a/ very addictive

b don't digest well

c/ loaded with toxins (the added boiled oil) and make your skin look bad

-4/They don't have any particular properties that cannot be found easily in any other food (VitB1, B2, phosphorous,iron...)

Each serving of Cashews provides 45% RDA of thiamin (vitamin B1), 12% RDA of riboflavin (vitamin B2), 12% RDA of niacin, 0.2% RDA of calcium, 5.8% of phosphorus, 50% RDA of iron, 4.6% RDA of sodium, and 12% RDA of potassium.

So really no added bonus for compensating the huge downside that you are eating food that has been boiled in oil.

Edited by Kitsune

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/3/2014 at 6:21 AM, Issangeorge said:

Macro has walnuts, quite a large bag for around ฿300.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do they still have them? Almonds?

(I know this is a very old thread, but could not find this time on my visit there)

On 7/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, ravip said:

Do they still have them? Almonds?

(I know this is a very old thread, but could not find this time on my visit there)

Yes  - but from time to time they sell out - check Villa Market as they sell same brand

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2014 at 1:39 PM, HooHaa said:

villa has them too baking section oddly enough

most nuts are found in the baking section of my local makro as well...just bought a 500g bag of raw almonds, 'Heritage' brand...after opening they havta be stored in an airtight container or they get mouldy real quick...

• Thanks 1