Looking for opinions on the name for a new bar on the Darkside

Mobi

I just read your blog on the banned character and reckon that was good fortune encountering him on another premises and being able to pre-ban the local obnoxious bar crawler. How come nobody has ever twatted him... or hurled him in the lake?

I should be home for the soft-opening btw.... and after that, I will drop by for beer!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I also know that guy and witnessed the scene you mentioned with that soft spoken friend of yours. Was that in a bar in Nern Plab Wan?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

No... that must be another one. My drunk never strays from the bars around the lake. Nern Plub Wan is a few kilometres too far for this particular drunk to drive to.

It is outside his 'comfort zone'.

I just read your blog on the banned character and reckon that was good fortune encountering him on another premises and being able to pre-ban the local obnoxious bar crawler. How come nobody has ever twatted him... or hurled him in the lake?

I should be home for the soft-opening btw.... and after that, I will drop by for beer!

That’s what we'd all like to know.

He clearly leads a ‘charmed’ existence, but one day he will surely pick a fight with the wrong guy.

I thought he had done just that some years ago when, for no discernible reason, he suddenly lost it with a Thai man who was sitting at a nearby table, drinking a cup of coffee.

Now this was no ordinary Thai guy - he happened to be a uniformed cop!

The drunk was <deleted> and blinding at him so loud, and with such ferocity that I thought something would surely happen. At the time, I was sitting at the bar, not far from the abusive drunk and I decided that I was probably within firing range, so I quickly moved away, fully expecting the cop to pull his gun at any moment.

Miraculously, the cop just sat there, staring at this maniac who was screaming at him. He obviously didn't understand a word the drunk was saying, and decided that he wasn't worth worrying about.

How the drunk got away with that I’ll never know…

One day it will surely catch up with him.

Thanks to your valued input, the name of "Mobi's" now enters the bar-lore of the Darkside...

attachicon.gifIMG_8962.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8961.JPG

Dont you think after all your free advertising on TV it would be time to become a "Sponsor" here?

I've read your outpourings on your blog you are advertising in your TV signature and to be honest, I'm not delighted at all...

Thanks to your valued input, the name of "Mobi's" now enters the bar-lore of the Darkside...

Dont you think after all your free advertising on TV it would be time to become a "Sponsor" here?

I've read your outpourings on your blog you are advertising in your TV signature and to be honest, I'm not delighted at all...

I wonder why you are ‘not delighted at all’…

Are you a shareholder in Thai Visa?

The mods don’t seem to be too concerned, so why are you?

For the record, I believe have been a good member of the Thai Visa community for over 7 years and during that time I have contributed over 7,000 posts and have advised and helped dozens of my fellow members in various ways, as well as raising considerable sums for a very deserving Pattaya street kids charity as along with raising the charity’s public awareness.

I have broken no rules, and the blog that I make reference to in my signature contains no revenue-earning advertisements.

I admit that in recent times the blog does contain links to some of the rather pathetic commercial activities I have embarked upon to stave off bankruptcy, such as selling my eBooks on Amazon, but the blog can hardly be described in any sense of the word as a commercial, money making venture – nor have I ever intended it to be so.

You claim to have read it so must know that. If it is not to your taste why did you bother to Google for it - as there is no link to click on Thai Visa to get you there?

It’s absolutely none of your business, but as it happens, I have been discussing with the good people at Thai Visa with a view to promoting my bar on their forum when it opens, but even if I hadn't, so what?

We have had a good lively discussion on the names of bars and also discussed what we like and dislike in our bars. Not exactly the great debate on world issues, but hopefully a bit of fun for those who have read and contributed to it.

What exactly have I done that offends you so much that you have to take a pop at me?

• Like 2

I`ve found the thread amusing and interesting, maybe I`d visit the bar as a result, maybe not ( Haven`t my own transport nor knowledge of anything past Suk Road)

As to the blog, had to search for it, read part of it, found some of it fascinating,particularly the insurance/non life insurance detailed postings.

I`ve an interest in that business sector, via investment although very limited knowledge which at least is slightly improved through reading the blog.

Hard to find that detailed information without either paying for it or taking the risk of someone having a vested interest.

Plus I believe I have empathy with how people`s lives work out.

I`ve made a few mistakes through life and no doubt will make a few more.

Takes some guts to make them public.

• Like 1

I wonder why you are not delighted at all

Are you a shareholder in Thai Visa?

The mods dont seem to be too concerned, so why are you?

For the record, I believe have been a good member of the Thai Visa community for over 7 years and during that time I have contributed over 7,000 posts and have advised and helped dozens of my fellow members in various ways, as well as raising considerable sums for a very deserving Pattaya street kids charity as along with raising the charitys public awareness.

I have broken no rules, and the blog that I make reference to in my signature contains no revenue-earning advertisements.

I admit that in recent times the blog does contain links to some of the rather pathetic commercial activities I have embarked upon to stave off bankruptcy, such as selling my eBooks on Amazon, but the blog can hardly be described in any sense of the word as a commercial, money making venture nor have I ever intended it to be so.

You claim to have read it so must know that. If it is not to your taste why did you bother to Google for it - as there is no link to click on Thai Visa to get you there?

Its absolutely none of your business, but as it happens, I have been discussing with the good people at Thai Visa with a view to promoting my bar on their forum when it opens, but even if I hadn't, so what?

We have had a good lively discussion on the names of bars and also discussed what we like and dislike in our bars. Not exactly the great debate on world issues, but hopefully a bit of fun for those who have read and contributed to it.

What exactly have I done that offends you so much that you have to take a pop at me?

First things first,

I am sorry about my post.

I was "googeling" Your signature bec I was recognising You as a " Good Member Of TV".

The information I got there was too revealing for me at that time...

Now, with my "nothing human is alien to me" approach, I would like to wish You all the strength and luck You need to succeed.

• Like 1