Booking an appointment with VFS for UK settlement visa application

Any idea, anyone about where I go to book an appointment to apply for my wifes visa. I have all paperwork ready and am ready to pay

I go to the link that was sent to me and for days now it says 'no appointments available'. The contact number for them now says they do not deal with these enqs !! ( Link below)

https://www.vfs.firm.in/th-apptsystem/appscheduling/AppSchedulingGetInfo.aspx

The new website started on the 1st, is a joke, April fools maybe. The numbers they give are useless and website and advice centre is <deleted>.

Any ideas anyone on where to go to book an appointment for a UK settlement Visa in Bangkok with VFS?

They keep saying that the new system is better to navigate and easier to use. What a p1ss take that is.

Thanks in advance

LBL

Don't know if you've already asked this question in another thread, otherwise someone asked exactly the same thing. The replies given were that you have to log in to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and complete the following stages in order (you have to do the 1st before you can move on to the next etc). We did this yesterday so I know this information is accurate and works:

1> Complete your online application.

2> Sign the online declaration regarding fraud/lies and the consequences.

3> View and book an available appointment. Not sure if they're busy, but earliest we could book was 7 days after.

4> You then have 3 hours to pay online using a credit card otherwise the appointment is automatically cancelled.

5> After up to 1 hour you will be able to print your application. I recommend printing to PDF so you have it saved, then you can take that to print anywhere if like us you don't have a printer.

There are some bugs in the online form. For example, under the sponsor section it asks their relationship to the applicant and lists every relative you can think of except the glaringly obvious husband or wife. A couple of us had to choose "Other relative" and will manually amend the printed application.

Don't forget if the applicant is being sponsored you'll need form SU07 which cannot be downloaded from the visa4uk site so you'll have to Google SU07 (I think they provide a link but it didn't work for me). And you'll also need an appendix form regarding meeting the financial requirement so again Google VAF4A and check out section 10 "Selecting the correct Appendix".

Hope this helps everyone. Booking the appointment after following this process worked for me.

Garry

• Like 2

Forgot to mention we received a number of emails to the address used to login to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

1> Confirmation of account creation.

2> Online payment transaction confirmation.

3> Visa application appointment confirmation.

4> Visa application confirmation email.

The last one confirms everything has been completed online and gives you a link to a guide to the supporting documents required (which I hope by this stage you already know what you need).

• Like 1

A very useful post, Garry.

But

Don't forget if the applicant is being sponsored you'll need form SU07........

You need SU07 for adult dependant settlement applications: you don't need it for spouses, partners, fiancés or children settlement applications nor for visits.

Don't know if you've already asked this question in another thread, otherwise someone asked exactly the same thing. The replies given were that you have to log in to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and complete the following stages in order (you have to do the 1st before you can move on to the next etc). We did this yesterday so I know this information is accurate and works:

1> Complete your online application.

2> Sign the online declaration regarding fraud/lies and the consequences.

3> View and book an available appointment. Not sure if they're busy, but earliest we could book was 7 days after.

4> You then have 3 hours to pay online using a credit card otherwise the appointment is automatically cancelled.

5> After up to 1 hour you will be able to print your application. I recommend printing to PDF so you have it saved, then you can take that to print anywhere if like us you don't have a printer.

There are some bugs in the online form. For example, under the sponsor section it asks their relationship to the applicant and lists every relative you can think of except the glaringly obvious husband or wife. A couple of us had to choose "Other relative" and will manually amend the printed application.

Don't forget if the applicant is being sponsored you'll need form SU07 which cannot be downloaded from the visa4uk site so you'll have to Google SU07 (I think they provide a link but it didn't work for me). And you'll also need an appendix form regarding meeting the financial requirement so again Google VAF4A and check out section 10 "Selecting the correct Appendix".

Hope this helps everyone. Booking the appointment after following this process worked for me.

Garry

Thanks Garry

Not quite as simple for me. I completed sec 1 and 2, but I did not get to go to make an appointment after that. Step 3 for the appointment is shown in my application though. When I click on it it just shows my wifes name and DOB. I contacted the old help desk, who said I had to go to a different link to make the appointment, as above. There have not been any available for 4 days now. Is that the one you used. It actually says all details are complete and now I must pay then print. I dont want to pay $1400 and not be able to book an appointment. My login details are still live, and so is my application. No online support though, or anyone to call. Absolute fr@@king joke if you ask me.

I'm thinking of just stuffing her in my suitcase and smuggling her back to the UK !

i am in exactly the same situation for a family visit visa for a holiday for my wife. Only difference is i already paid the fee 600 odd pounds, we have simply been waiting to return from a trip to make the appointment I have tried for hours to get hold of someone today via email . I spent 4pounds to use the live chat help service, refused to pay the 1.73 pound per minute to talk on the phone to the help service .

Finally have just had an email from the help service on the visa4UK site saying the following :

We have checked and found that your application is pointing at the old appointment centre. You will need to start a new application which will point you towards an appointment at the new appointment centre. You will need to claim a refund on the old application.
Webmaster
It makes me ashamed to be British !

A very useful post, Garry.

But

Don't forget if the applicant is being sponsored you'll need form SU07........

You need SU07 for adult dependant settlement applications: you don't need it for spouses, partners, fiancés or children settlement applications nor for visits.

I missed that so I was going to print one and fill it in. I guess that's 2 pages less to print.

i am in exactly the same situation for a family visit visa for a holiday for my wife. Only difference is i already paid the fee 600 odd pounds, we have simply been waiting to return from a trip to make the appointment I have tried for hours to get hold of someone today via email . I spent 4pounds to use the live chat help service, refused to pay the 1.73 pound per minute to talk on the phone to the help service .

Finally have just had an email from the help service on the visa4UK site saying the following :

We have checked and found that your application is pointing at the old appointment centre. You will need to start a new application which will point you towards an appointment at the new appointment centre. You will need to claim a refund on the old application.
Webmaster
It makes me ashamed to be British !

I figured that might be the case. I have however tried to start a new application because of this, but it wont let me when start a new application when I use her name ? It refers me to a help desk website that wontt reply. Really getting f@cked off with this sh!te now.

I have however tried to start a new application because of this, but it wont let me when start a new application when I use her name ? It refers me to a help desk website that wontt reply. Really getting f@cked off with this sh!te now.

You have to set up a new account on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ with a different email address. If you have a domain registered it's easy as you have access to unlimited email address variations (can't you tell who works in IT hehehe), but for the majority without you'll have to pop along to one of the many online email providers (Google "gmail" and click on the 1st ad to go create an account, or Google "outlook" and at the bottom right it says "Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now").

It's messy, but you can have as many goes at filling in the form as you have email accounts, at least until you "submit" the form, book an appointment and pay - even at the appointment stage it tells you it will be automatically cancelled if you don't make a payment within 3 hours as mentioned above.

Hope this helps again.

Edited by GarryUK

Hi Guys , I have just finished our Online settlement apps and everything went pretty OK except a few minor glitches and the staggering fee for 2 applications (Wife and Stepdaughter) I know need a few beers to recover from the financial shock ! .

But at the end when you have the option for return of original documents .only the "IN PERSON" was available .

Is this correct I was hoping it would be the same as Visitor visa all the original Documents including the passports where posted up to us . For a fee of course .

Thanks in Advance .

ut at the end when you have the option for return of original documents only the "IN PERSON" was available .

Is this correct I was hoping it would be the same as Visitor visa all the original Documents including the passports where posted up to us. For a fee of course.

This is a service offered by VFS and it can still be done, the cost of the service be paid for in cash when the documents are submitted at the Application Centre.

It's detailed on their website under user pay services, http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/user_pay_services.html#4

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"You then have 3 hours to pay online using a credit card otherwise the appointment is automatically cancelled"

Is it possible to pay by UK Debit card and is the charge denominated in GBP or THB? Do they allow a Thai bank transfer or any other alternative? After all most applicants would be a female Thai spouse and would not have a credit card (though invariably financed by their British male partner).

In short what are the alternative payment methods?

Is it possible to pay by UK Debit card and is the charge denominated in GBP or THB? Do they allow a Thai bank transfer or any other alternative? After all most applicants would be a female Thai spouse and would not have a credit card (though invariably financed by their British male partner)

The application can only be made online using any visa, mastercard or, I believe, Diners Club, the payment can only be made in US$, plenty of threads complaining about this.

Most Thai people have, or can easily get, a debit card that can be used online.

There are no alternative methods available, none whatsoever.

• Like 1

Is it possible to pay by UK Debit card and is the charge denominated in GBP or THB? Do they allow a Thai bank transfer or any other alternative? After all most applicants would be a female Thai spouse and would not have a credit card (though invariably financed by their British male partner)

The application can only be made online using any visa, mastercard or, I believe, Diners Club, the payment can only be made in US$, plenty of threads complaining about this.

Thanks OG,

So I have a UK based Santander (Visa) Debit card. If I pay the fee within 3 hours then they will make the exchange from USD to GBP (1 step) and debit me. Presumably if you paid by Thai Credit/Debit card then you would forfeit an even higher amount in Sterling because they would have to change from THB to USD and finally to GBP (2 steps). Right or not?

Thanks OG,

So I have a UK based Santander (Visa) Debit card. If I pay the fee within 3 hours then they will make the exchange from USD to GBP (1 step) and debit me. Presumably if you paid by Thai Credit/Debit card then you would forfeit an even higher amount in Sterling because they would have to change from THB to USD and finally to GBP (2 steps). Right or not?

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As I understand it the card processer they use will charge you in US$ and convert in one hit from either GBP or THB.

The UKVI have a contract with the card processer and will set a corporate exchange rate, well in their favour of course.

The fact that you are purchasing a UK Government service with a UK based bank, or in your case Spanish, makes no difference, you will still be charged in US$ at a rate set by them.

To be honest I doubt if it would make any difference to the final cost whichever card you used.

• Like 1

Anyone?

Actually what I would of liked to of put was:

Once my partner has filled in her application

Is it possible for me to pay with my visa debt card?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 3 months later...

Today we submitted our supporting documents at Trendy House. Upon doing so, we were given an Appendix 2 VAF4A Financial Requirement Form to complete and told to ensure that this is received by The British Embassy wthin 28 days.

Another form I must have missed when making the online application and payment a couple of weeks ago. Having already completed the online application, made the payment and this morning handed in all our supporting documents, I was rather surprised we were given yet another form to complete.

In fact most of the questions on the Appendix 2 VAF4A are answered in my covering letter and supporting documents. The bulk of the questionnaire is about the sponsor's financial status. As a retiree, temporarily at least, I can only meet the minimum financial requirement via savings and unearned income. They make no mention on the form as to what that minimum amount of savings is despite specifying what the minimum earnings should be. I had thought the minimum was about GBP68,000. I can comfortably exceed that amount with original immediate access UK bank statements and I produced those amongst my documents this morning.

'Meeting the financial requirement', Section 3.3 indicates therefore that I should complete Part 3F (Cash Savings) but should I also complete Part 3D (Income from other non-employment souces)? Bank interest, share dividends, rent from leased property etc.

There is very little space on the form in which to enter information, especially in section 3.75 Cash Savings although I could enter hat information in Part 5 (Additional Information).

4.14 (How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?) is a difficult one. We currently live in Thailand and spend very little but we are intending to live permanently in the UK where we might spend more, although not initially as we will be living with my mother. Again, all covered in my supporting letter.

I am imagining that most of my answers will be confined to the Cash Savings and Additional Information sections.

I must say that I knew nothing of this form when I submitted my supporting documents today although in fact, as I say, most of their questions are answered in the documents I submitted.

Regarding my previous post, I suppose what I am looking for is some reassurance that I am on the right track with my answers and that I am responding in the right areas. I would appreciate any assistance from members.

Thank you.

I realize that this is a very boring subject and I cannot blame anyone for not giving assistance, nor expect any if I continue this theme, but I have now completed the elusive Appendix 2 (VAF 4A November 2012) Financial Requirement Form.

I cannot believe I am being asked for the date of birth of my previous spouse, the date of our marriage and the name and address of the church we were married in. To find this out I had to email her. Fortunately we are in contact but if not - a failed application?

There are some very ambiguous questions in the form, such as 1.25 'Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?' By that it appears that they are referring to any debts or liabilities we might have, not allowing for the possibility that we may share the responsibility of managing our assets. I'm unsure whether my spouse should answer 'yes' or 'no' to this. So she has responded with a 'yes' and an explanation in the box "We have no debts or liabilities. We share the financial responsibility of renting out or selling our fully owned property (details submitted with our visa application).

Although I can meet the financial requirement under Cash Savings Category D, Part 3F it seems that she should also complete Part 3D (Income from other non-employment sources) - or should I not complete this part?

As I was unaware of this form until my wife had already submitted her documents at her appointment, we have completed it without the benefit of referring to those already submitted documents. But I think we got there!

We have been told by the staff at VFS, Trendy to send our completed Appendix 2 form to: 'The British Embassy, Bangkok' although that does seem a bit hit and miss, even doing so by EMS.

Does anyone have a view on the best method to ensure that this document reaches the right person at the right time? Presumably a covering letter and a visa reference number would help. Fortunately I kept a copy of the application so can refer to the application ID.

Any suggestions gratefully received!