Suthep Will Ask HM King To Appoint Himself As Coup Leader

Lite Beer

Thailand's biggest problem is not the Shinawatra mafia clan, cause you can use the courts to get rid of them. No, the main problem of this country is that there seems to be no alternative. Suthep has swallowed his whistle if what's written here is true! The only way forward is to reform police, the justice system, throw Thaksin in jail through Interpol and have new elections.

Cheers thanks for the comedy, Would you have any idea of a time line on your

strategy?

Well with the present lot, the PT/Shins, robbing the country blind, I would say somewhere between now and 2 years. Any longer and foreigners will be allowed to buy land in Thailand cause the country will be bankrupted and needs foreign currencies. The problem, let me repeat it, is that the PT will be ousted (amnesty law, rice scheme corruption and all other shenanigans) and that the opposition is/seems lost in translation. The devil's advocate at work.

What would your strategy be? A foreign intervention? Hun Sen is very involved in the present mess!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked The Nation and the other one and nothing remotely like the Khaosod report......can a journal be SO wrong (although other contributors before me have implied so). If it's as wrong as it appears it's worse than appalling, it's highly dangerous!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/403603/suthep-ups-the-ante-for-final-battle for a start. My cab driver ten minutes ago was visibly upset too about the threats of firing squads. It's not just Khaosod no matter how the Suthep fan club wishes to spin it.

You should also check The Nation's tweets last night. Their pages seem to somewhat watered down today which is not surprising when one considers how much the Nation group has invested in Suthep. Khaosod is not the only news outlet with an agenda.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. All dictators lose touch with reality in the end ( it's part of their megalomania ) and now Suthep's gone the same way as Thaksin.

Guess he'll wander off into the desert too before long.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I just checked The Nation and the other one and nothing remotely like the Khaosod report......can a journal be SO wrong (although other contributors before me have implied so). If it's as wrong as it appears it's worse than appalling, it's highly dangerous!

Check the other newspaper the have a slightly different version ( a bit more watered down) but I think you can decide for yourself on that Cheers!

Edited by DirtFarmer

Absolutely idiotic idea, which will have little support. Given though that his is from Khaosod, I'm not going to give it much credence until it is reported in BP and The Nation, if he actually did indeed say this.

The country needs significant reform, but not led by him.

On BP online, he said he would submit someone to HM the King to be ratified as "PM" or something like that. Thai English translations are often not exact. He didn't say it would be him,and rumors are that it would be someone else other than him.

Absolutely idiotic idea, which will have little support. Given though that his is from Khaosod, I'm not going to give it much credence until it is reported in BP and The Nation, if he actually did indeed say this.

On BP online, he said he would submit someone to HM the King to be ratified as "PM" or something like that. Thai English translations are often not exact. He didn't say it would be him,and rumors are that it would be someone else other than him.

Yes, I noted that yesterday. I think we gave seen Palakorn's name mooted , although he can hardly be classed as neutral. Suthep should let the courts get on with their jobs and walk away, he's done his job.

And I was under impression he has no platform!

This "Adolf Illich" Suthep is a raving lunatic.

Last time I've seen speeches and language like this was when I studied "Mein Kampf".

'Waiting for the day of the battle'! Is he talking of a Putsch German style?

Maybe he is a Chulalongkorn Graduate?

Unbelieveable! Only in Thailand!

And the gutless Yingluck is to blame for such obscene politics to paralyze the country.

It's pretty obvious that this lunatic show is dead in the water when even mr toad gives them up...

• Like 1

Very strange article from a red news website, BP are another interpretation of this news........

With a low turn out the reds are desperate and try to fuel situation with sensational news

Edited by than
  • Like 1

"We will have something like Article 17 [of 1959 Administrative Charter] as the highest law," Mr. Suthep said, referring to the charter article which allowed Field Marshal Sarit to fight suspected Communist threats by all means, " will be able to order anyone to be executed by firing squad, but I will only freeze assets".

Once His Majesty the King signed his approval for the "people's coup", Mr. Suthep said, he will proceed to appoint National Legislative Assemby and "People's Council" as two unelected legislative bodies to engage in "reforms" for Thailand.

I am not quite sure about these ideas.

"We will have something like Article 17 [of 1959 Administrative Charter] as the highest law," Mr. Suthep said, referring to the charter article which allowed Field Marshal Sarit to fight suspected Communist threats by all means, " will be able to order anyone to be executed by firing squad, but I will only freeze assets".

Once His Majesty the King signed his approval for the "people's coup", Mr. Suthep said, he will proceed to appoint National Legislative Assemby and "People's Council" as two unelected legislative bodies to engage in "reforms" for Thailand.

I am not quite sure about these ideas.

Compare with BP news they are very different

Isn't Suthep wanted for murder ?

He's been accused/charged with it...but the case hasn't went to trial yet...that will be years away if it ever occurs.

Tahksin is wanted also, except he has already been found guilty on a couple of corruption charges by the courts and he left the country to avoid prison.

Yeap, getting hard to find a senior Thai politician who is not under investigation, up on charges, being sued, or been convicted of something.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Power corrupts absolutely. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and installing himself saying what he does makes him really no,better than shincorp. Sutheo you are letting the people down!

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

do people here on TV really care what suthep (or any other thai politician) says/wants/etc?

Of course they do, what else would they have to talk about, sitting there drinking Pina Colada's with an umbrella in it, banging the world to rights ? !! :D

I'm not fond of the guy, I'm all for reformations, although if I was a Thai, I'd have preferred to have had elections or at least a referendum as to whether the Peoples council was what the majority wanted, I think Suthep's intentions started off well, and honourable, and I was all in favour of these, and the carnival approach to the protests, but I went right of him, and the protesters when they did all they could to stop the rest of the country voting..

He's become very irrational of late, the constant final pushes etc, he's the kid who will, if he doesn't get his way be dragged away still kicking and screaming.

I have no real thoughts on the Old/caretaker Government, I was never effected by any of their policies as I suspect that it's the same for many here too, the ones who have businesses etc, I can empathise with, tax payers will always whine about where their pound/dollar or baht goes, that's par for the course.

There was a few TVF farmers who were affected by the rice scheme as well, and again I can sympathise with them, but the majority I would again suspect have no ties whatsoever with the failed rice pledge scheme, other than "It was my tax money"

Thailand does need a strong leader, and it does need reforms, it need a lot of TLC , it doesn't need the Sutheps or the Shiniwatras , fire them all off to Zimbabwe and let them share a few beers with Robert Mugabe!!.

• Like 2

I just find this amazing 180 degree turn to be horseapples. Anybody seen coverage of the "Red-Shirt rallies with 60,000 supporters..." ? Not 1 violent out-break with a speech like this being made? Not even a drive-by ala L.A. style? Bah coffee1.gif

ERA: Translation does not accurately convey/translate intent. If you read through the whole story slowly you see references to "Putting people in power" AND "Coming back to protest if the new people in charge screw up". If you're the head guy in charge, you wouldn't start and lead a new protest against an MP or senate member.

Edited by mrwebb8825

This just in... Dennis Rodman has already volunteered to visit the future Dear Coup Leader.

I think Dennis prefers his rulers to be ultra wealthy family dynasty types. thumbsup.gif

The wealth will come when he's finished working on his cult of personality.

Very strange article from a red news website, BP are another interpretation of this news........

With a low turn out the reds are desperate and try to fuel situation with sensational news

I think this is the article you refer to http://asiancorrespondent.com/author/bangkokpundit/ .

BP interestingly maintains that the government has already vacated office under 180.2 en masse as a result of the dissolution of Parliament. Therefore it can't be made to vacate office en masse again under 180.3 if the PM has been removed from the PMship. Meanwhile, 181 requires the outgoing cabinet to remain as a caretaker cabinet until the next government is appointed.

This the same argument that Chalerm has been putting forward. It will be interesting to see how the court resolves this one, if Yingluck is removed from office. The notion that the caretaker cabinet can avoid collection punishment because they have already vacated office but effectively remain in office is an interesting paradox. If this is the case any government whose PM is facing removal should dissolve Parliament immediately, so they can hang on, perhaps indefinitely, as caretakers. In this event they could remain in office as caretakers for several years while the PDRC repeatedly disrupts any attempts to hold elections. The only thing that could get them out would be indictment and successful impeachment or criminal prosecution for the 2.2trn borrowing bill which implicates the entire cabinet.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1