Acupuncturist

dukkha

:o Any suggestions as to whom one might see for such a problem...medications relieve some of the pain, but as we know, they mask it..have done the medications, a chiropractor and the problem has continued for over 6 months..My partner is only 29 years old and all up market hospital surgeons have suggested the knife...not our preference nor the advice of those who have suffered same.. :D Dukkha

:o Any suggestions as to whom one might see for such a problem...medications relieve some of the pain, but as we know, they mask it..have done the medications, a chiropractor and the problem has continued for over 6 months..My partner is only 29 years old and all up market hospital surgeons have suggested the knife...not our preference nor the advice of those who have suffered same.. :D Dukkha

Well i have a similar problem, yes went down the same path, a chiro did help but wasnt a long term thing, the chrio was trained at Palmer which i believe made a huge difference, no twisting and cracking etc. saw a good thai maseur and the problem reduced a lot, now with some swimming its managable and a friend suggested some yoga exercises so will see how those go, its a lot better than been on tramadol all the time let me tell you.

baz

Hey

I had a severe problem some 10 years ago, whilst in the UK, I was offered a Lumbar Laminectomy. After researching the procedure, I found out that when the procedure is done for back pain relief, it is only successful on a 50/50 basis, but when done for leg pain, caused by the prolapsed disc, it is successful in over 75% of cases.

As my problem was lower back pain, I decided against the procedure.

I went for Accupuncture, but that only gave me short term relief. In the end, I went for intensive localised traction. It consisted of 1 hour per day as an out patient, where they put TWO belts round my body, one below and one above the 'injured' area and applied opposing traction. I had this treatment for 12 months and have been more or less pain free ever since.

The only time I get any pain now, is when I do work, where I have to kneel down, this causes localised pain in my lower back, but it only lasts for a few minutes and goes away and I am completely symptom free.

Regards

Peter

:o thanks Baz, we are doin the massage but being thai, my partner is not fond of the pool angle of things...i take it you are averse to any spinal cutting also.. :D dukkha

scares me a lot any procedure by a doctor, i have one friend that i know that had it done sucessfully so when i think about the 50/50 odds, his worked and mine ? well lets just look for other methods, a friend told me about the hindu push up or furey push up as it is sometimes called doing 5 or more of these a day has fixed his problem completely.

http://www.cbass.com/Furey.htm

:o Have been given name of australian chiropractor in soi 22, Sukhumvit

Dr. Bob Clark, born in bangkok, studied in Melbourne....will be off to see him shortly, 1800 baht initial visit, thereafter 1000 baht, he is a young guy and credentials and recommendations sound good, will try anything presently. Many thanks. :D Dukkha..ph) 02 204 2336

There was a recent thread on disc surgery on this forum with several favorable reports..not that long ago if you surf back a few pages should find it.

the hospital that seems to be best for this is Bangkok Nursing Home. If it is a lumbar disc, they can do the new procedure which inserts a prosthetic disc rather than fusing the vertebrae.

I was told by the Bumrungrad doc who does accupunture that it is of little or no benefit for this type of problem...and seems to have been true in the case of the person I had referred for it, anyhow. Physical therapy/traction does better.

But if you've been in pain for 12 months, read thru that thread I mentioned before ruling out surgery.

• 1 month later...

I have the same went to doc after MRI and he said surgery no good find a drx 9000 decompression machine go for 2-3 months cost $3000.-$8000. dollars started this week 4 feel better already pulls you apart and lets nurtition water in then machine lets up then pulls again. They are allover us now other brands also called Deconpression. put in drx 9000 in google. look for one in thialand. I asked several patients they spke highly of it do it again. then excerise

God Luck Farmerfloyd