Man drowns after Phuket road crash

webfact

Man drowns after Phuket road crash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1397127828_1-org.jpg
A police officer photographs the upside-down car.

PHUKET: -- A man from Satun drowned this morning (April 10) after his car ran out of road at high speed on a curve on the old airport road.

After Phubodi Marasa, 26, missed the bend, his Honda Civic flipped and landed upside down in a two-metre-deep pond next to the road in Baan Naimon.

Rescuers took almost 30 minutes to extract Mr Phubodi, though they said they believed he had been knocked out in the accident and had probably drowned before they reached the scene.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-drowns-after-phuket-road-crash-45638.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-11

30 minutes to get him out, the guy was under water and still trapped in his car. They said he probobly drowned before they got there. Well i'm guessing that happened unless he had a scuba tank strapped to him

• Like 2

30 minutes to get him out, the guy was under water and still trapped in his car. They said he probobly drowned before they got there. Well i'm guessing that happened unless he had a scuba tank strapped to him

This post is not so funny at all. Don't drink more today.

Hated that road when I used it fairly frequently because Phangnga bound traffic from the airport was still directed there. The road has many curves and is far too narrow, and very little traffic which might be one of the reasons he was driving too fast. This road should be closed off for cars. RIP to the guy.