Two youths shot near Chaeng Wattana protest site

webfact

So the army and the courts are protecting the protestors and who to protect the general public. The rally sites are overrun with armed insurgents trigger happy to take pot shots at the public. What's holding Prayuth to do what he did in 2010. It's already 6 months of insurgency.

• Like 1

........all considered.......I am not buying this 'story'.........

...even if they were not hired by someone........they had no business compromising a high-security zone......

......so something is lacking in this 'report'....

I don't know about that. It's Songkran, Bangkok nights are rich with motorcycle gangs busy getting into trouble.

Could be anything, really.

Last time I passed, the cones were somewhat ahead of the actual barriers. Some were tied together with a rope, or connected with a plastic pipe - maybe not that easy to pass or remove.

Not clear from the report if they were shot while riding through (which I doubt), or while heading back/running away.

Either way - hope they'll be alright, not a good place to wander after dark. Guards definitely on edge.

Not condoning the shooting, police should handle this, but obviously not going to happen anytime soon.

But these guards are so peaceful. Right? One more time they are in the wrong.... WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO STOP THEM FROM KILLING????? These thugs are I guess from the south and maybe connected to the extremeists from there.

Doubt that the demonstration guards have anything to do with Southern Thailand insurgency. Not every Southerner is a Muslim terrorist.

So far, they haven't really been that many deaths resulting from demonstration guards shooting (and yes, even one death is one too many) - most of the fatalities and injuries are on the demonstrators side.

So the army and the courts are protecting the protestors and who to protect the general public. The rally sites are overrun with armed insurgents trigger happy to take pot shots at the public. What's holding Prayuth to do what he did in 2010. It's already 6 months of insurgency.

I don't think that there was an instance they took pot shots at anyone. More when people tried removing the barriers or driving through the protest area. Not that these shooting cases are ok - they are not.

To put it in perspective, most of the violence so far was directed at the demonstrators, and there were numerous attacks on protest sites. It is regrettable that the police and the army can not or will not get a handle on the situation.

As far as I recall Prayuth wasn't asked by the government to clear the demonstrations sites. Maybe they aren't to keen on signing any such orders, given the cases filed against Abhisit and Suthep.

I understand khunbenq in that would b ur response as u r a local thai citizen and therefore are truly unable to c the big picture as it truly is. If u were to go to a country far away and watch and read the news from there u too would have a different view. Ur o ly angry coz this persons viewpoint doesnt agree with urs. Westerners will have a different view naturally. Our culture and upbringing and thinking is not the same as thais. If u go to a western country u too will find there are locals there that will response just as u do fornur home. But u as an outsoder will see things differently because ubr on the outside looking in and u as a thai have a different persective on certain things. But if u r unable to accept other peoples opnions no matter how right or wrong they may b then u urself will always remain in a constant state of blindness to the truth/reality of all the good/bad thjngs happening around. If u want peoole to respect ur opninions then u must do that for them also. It is called being mature

Jeez, any chance of that in English?

Google translate?giggle.gif

Seconded. Obviously been on the sauce...{/quote]

More likely a spotty faced semi-literate 18 year old backpacker more used to texting, doing his gap year after A levels. Bet he has a waist-length Rasta hairdo, calf-length shorts and a sleeveless Chang singlet ...

Seconded. Obviously been on the sauce...{/quote]

More likely a spotty faced semi-literate 18 year old backpacker more used to texting, doing his gap year after A levels. Bet he has a waist-length Rasta hairdo, calf-length shorts and a sleeveless Chang singlet ...

MisterFixit post # 36

No. I reckon it's my or rather, our old mate fab4 winding us up.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee