Poll: How much would you pay to make Songkran go away?!? (Fantasy)

Jingthing

Songkran Fantasy Poll!  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have lived and worked in Pattaya for 13 years, and have never missed a Songkran. Last Saturday, and again today I, being 50 and considered an elder by the people I work with, had many younger people pour scented water over my hands and in return I sprinkled water over their heads and wished them good luck for the new year.

Once this was done then the water started to get thrown around, the white paste was applied to everyone's faces and, yes, someone did add ice to the water.

Get into Songkran, it is part of living here in 2014 and stop moaning about how it is not what it used to be, because not a lot is!

Enjoy it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to see less of you on this forum in the future. Thanks in advance. smile.png

See above post. Your fantasy fulfilled. Don't whine. Just do!

Don't whine. Just do!

That's classic Jing, don't whine and just do, and here you are on TV whining about Songkran......Absolutely classic Jing, the best chuckle of the day for me so thanks...clap2.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MB1

If you can't accept any Thai custom or it's culture, why are you even here? For that matter any other place in the world? Let's not feed the trolls.

So we can live here but can't complain about things?? Why do people have such a problem with non-natives complaining about stuff here?

I know Thais living AND complaing about stuff in London. One female Thai I know complains the goverment benefits she receives in the UK for the fact her two sons are slightly deaf doesn't leave her much change each month. I try not to think about it when I have to cross town every 90 days for stamp.

Thai culture, huh.

Is it Thai culture for Songkran to run EIGHT entire days and psychotic foreigners throwing cold dirty water on decently dressed people just going about their business late into the cool evening? Is it Thai culture to spray high velocity dirty water directly into people's faces and eyes? Where is that written in the Thai culture book?

I started it in the Pub already. But I think it should have been a Pattaya topic. People in Pattaya would understand, it seems most expats have LEFT TOWN. So they have already paid a lot to fulfill their fantasy of no "Songkran" in Pataya.

Suggested next poll question: "how much would you pay to make Pattaya go away?"