AC/DC to split: report

webfact

News Flash !

AC/DC to be replaced by these guys:Thunderstruck)

(Highway To Hell)

(You Shook Me All Night Long)

and who says Aussie music can't inspire the world

Technically speaking they are all British, 10 pound POM's I believe the native born Aussies call them LOL

Mark Evans and Phil Rudd aussies, technically everyone in Australia around that time were sons of immigrant families people still are today unless they are black but that in no way makes them British.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

News Flash !

AC/DC to be replaced by these guys: (Thunderstruck)

Technically speaking they are all British, 10 pound POM's I believe the native born Aussies call them LOL

Mark Evans and Phil Rudd aussies, technically everyone in Australia around that time were sons of immigrant families people still are today unless they are black but that in no way makes them British.

Unless of course they still have their British passports of course LOL

Edited by Scott

News Flash !

AC/DC to be replaced by these guys: (Thunderstruck)

Sounds more Scottish to me.

Great band apart from the annoying little guy that wore the school uniform.

They annoying little guy in the school uniform is the main musical influence on their music, and the school uniform bit is intended as a piss take

That explains why he wore it 40 years, the Australians didn't get it.

How many people connect the easybeats from 1966 to AC/DC

Brother of Angus and Malcolm ?

No, Soutpeel. That's the great Stevie Wright (later sang Evie Parts 1,2 & 3 in the 70's). He was (in addition to Jimmy Barnes) mulled by Angus & Malcolm as front man when Bon died but unfortunately he was too far gone on excesses.

He sings around the clubs and pubs from time to time now but it took him a long time to come back and he's still a little shaky (slightly Joe Cockeresque) - he'd unfortunately been subjected to damaging shock therapy during his rehab.

Check out his Blackeyed Bruiser (should be on YouTube) - probably not all that well known but one of my favourites of all time.

ACDC - what can one say? They never waivered from their promise to play hard rock music and to play it as loud as possible .... and it worked. Saw them in Brisbane on their last tour - been to a lot of concerts but it was the best by a long shot.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

No, Soutpeel. That's the great Stevie Wright (later sang Evie Parts 1,2 & 3 in the 70's). He was (in addition to Jimmy Barnes) mulled by Angus & Malcolm as front man when Bon died but unfortunately he was too far gone on excesses.

He sings around the clubs and pubs from time to time now but it took him a long time to come back and he's still a little shaky (slightly Joe Cockeresque) - he'd unfortunately been subjected to damaging shock therapy during his rehab.

Check out his Blackeyed Bruiser (should be on YouTube) - probably not all that well known but one of my favourites of all time.

ACDC - what can one say? They never waivered from their promise to play hard rock music and to play it as loud as possible .... and it worked. Saw them in Brisbane on their last tour - been to a lot of concerts but it was the best by a long shot.

Actually Southpeel is correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lNLyQIi-Oc4

Edited by Scott

Not very often you and me agree on something LOL

• Like 1

Yep sorry. My bad, missed the 'connection' bit.

• Like 1

AC/DC'S Malcolm Young is seriously ill and will not perform live again, a friend and musical contemporary says.

Choirboys frontman Mark Gable says he believes the 61-year-old founding guitarist is unable to perform anymore and will probably never record again.

Rumours have been swirling since Tuesday that AC/DC are preparing to announce they will be hanging up their guitars and school uniforms for the last time.

"That is true, Malcolm is sick," Gable told ABC radio on Wednesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/gable-says-acdcs-malcolm-young-very-sick/story-fni0xqi4-1226886123580

A stroke which left a blood clot on his brain and unable to play anymore...apparently.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/04/16/08/09/reports-acdc-band-member-is-ill

lets hope he makes a reasonable sort of recovery even tho he may never the same. Sad news indeed. I believe he is back home with the family in Sydney and Angus has just return home also.

akka dakka were never going to be around for ever unfortunately but you don't like to see them go out like this.

• Like 2

AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness

AC/DC has confirmed founding member Malcolm Young has 'taken a break' from Australia's most successful band.

Overnight, lead singer Brian Johnson said the band was not retiring.

He told a London newspaper that while one of the band members is gravely ill, they will start recording new material in Canada next month.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-breakfast-blog/acdc-confirms-malcolm-young-illness/20140417-36swf.html

AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson has rubbished reports the legendary Australian rock band is about to retire.

But he has acknowledged a band member is suffering a "debilitating illness".

That band member is understood to be founding guitarist and songwriter Malcolm Young, who is with his family in Sydney in a frail state following a severe stroke, Fairfax Media reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/04/17/05/41/acdc-frontman-denies-band-break-up

AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson has rubbished reports the legendary Australian rock band is about to retire.

But he has acknowledged a band member is suffering a "debilitating illness".

That band member is understood to be founding guitarist and songwriter Malcolm Young, who is with his family in Sydney in a frail state following a severe stroke, Fairfax Media reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/04/17/05/41/acdc-frontman-denies-band-break-up

When he checked himself into rehab for a couple of years his nephew filled in for him with the band keeping it a family affair.

AC/DC rock on without guitarist Malcolm Young

SYDNEY, April 17, 2014 (AFP) - Australia's pre-eminent hard rock band AC/DC announced Thursday they will carry on making music without ailing rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young.

"After 40 years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health," the group said on their website, without disclosing the nature of his illness.

"Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support."

The statement added: "The band will continue to make music."

Formed in Australia in 1973 by Malcolm and brother Angus Young, AC/DC is famed for rock anthems "Let There Be Rock", "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Highway to Hell".

Rumours about the band’s future began circulating earlier this week following an anonymous tip-off to a Perth radio station by someone calling themselves "Thunderstruck" who said that 61-year-old Malcolm Young was "very ill" and had returned with his family to Australia.

"That is true, Malcolm is sick," Mark Gable, the frontman for Australian band Choirboys and a former record label mate, told the ABC on Wednesday.

"From what I understand, and it’s even been confirmed in part by his son Ross (Young), that it would appear Malcolm is unable to perform anymore."

The band appealed for Young’s privacy to be respected and its website was full of comments and prayers for the guitarist and his family.

"If you return we will be here waiting," said one message signed "xo".

Reports in Australia said AC/DC, who have sold more than 200 million albums, would still keep a May date at a Vancouver recording studio.

The band is known for its blues-tinged rock’n’roll, pounding sound and the raw vocals of Briton Brian Johnson, who took over when Bon Scott died after a night of heavy drinking in 1980.

Among their historic albums are "Highway to Hell" (1979) and "Back in Black" (1980).

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-17

Hells Bells ! If I wasn't living in Sin City and Hard As A Rock, I'd be Thunderstruck ! For Those About To Rock like having their Big Balls held every night, like most of the Riff Raff here that try to Sink The Pink but end up with D.T.

That Problem Child will Walk All Over You, but you want to Get It Hot ! The looks says Come And Get It but she is a Ball Breaker that knows Money Talks. If You Want Blood (You've Got It) but if you're going to Chase The Ace, you may end up with The Jack.

I Can't Stand Still so don't try to Hold Me Back because It's A Long Way To The Top of The Razor's Edge. My Stiff Upper Lip will be Damned if she doesn't Give It Up to my Rising Power.

While the Jailbreaker with the Meanstreak is on a Shakedown and has Gone Shootin', you've been Kicked In The Teeth again. It's time for another Whiskey On The Rocks with the Livewire sitting next to a Whole Lot Of Rosie. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be so you ask Can I Sit Next To You Girl ?

You're a Night Prowler and know there are Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and that Some Sin For Nothing so you say What Do You Do For Money Honey ? She's Giving The Dog A Bone while you Shake Your Leg and tell her to Have A Drink On Me. You whisper in her ear I'm a Love Hungry Man, stop Beating Around The Bush and Let Me Put My Love Into You before I have a Meltdown.

A Fly On The Wall watches a Dog Eat Dog as she asks Are You Ready because she wants to Ride On your Big Gun and Shake Your Foundation. With a Flick Of The Switch you are All Screwed Up and having a Nervous Breakdown. She's in the House Of Jazz and knows the Satellite Blues just Can't Stop Rock 'n Roll !

You explore Who Made Who but the Girl's Got Rhythm. She has a Touch Too Much and has you yelling Hail Caesar as you Inject The Venom. You explode like TNT as she purrs baby, You Shook Me All Night Long and asks What Next To The Moon ?

You shout Baby Please Don't Go as she gets up. You tell her she'll be Safe In New York City but you are Shot Down In Flames because she is already on a Highway To Hell.

She looks at you with a gentle smile, pauses at the door to look back at you and then screams Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution as she vanishes into the night.

(Made up from the titles of the 72 AC/DC songs that I have on my computer.)

Dang me, i tried to click on the songs to make them play.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The greatest band ever to come out of Australia. Will be missed 40 years is a long time at the top.

Personally think the noteworthy tunes by both INXS and Men at Work are over and above anything those guys have managed to churn out, which, let's face it, is generally just noise. But each to their own, I spose. wink.png

All I can say to that is Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution!

• Like 2

Its amazing , that so many great Rock Bands of Legend as AC/DC are still out there R&Ring after 40 years ! But once in the early 70s I made a comment to a friend : " will we still be going to see The Stones when they are in their 60s and 70s !"

Well ,we sure know the answer to that prediction !

I guess it all depends on , how many drugs you were on and how soon you were smart enough to know : which ones were going to kill you way before you time, and you stopped abusing them . Like Ringo Starr once said " after 50 your body just doesn't handle Booze anymore!"

But then again , it all comes down to not abusing the drugs on yourself , especially alcohol and tobacco!

Then there were the fools who thought they could handle narcotics , which destroyed some really talented people!

My best goes out to the Band and Malcolm ,hope he recovers from whatever ails him and AC?DC keeps on a Rockin' !

They are truly one of the Legends of R&R !

News Flash !

AC/DC to be replaced by these guys:

Sounds more Scottish to me.

Great band apart from the annoying little guy that wore the school uniform.

They annoying little guy in the school uniform is the main musical influence on their music, and the school uniform bit is intended as a piss take

Not really. Great guitarist, sure, but Malcolm, the guy who's crook now, is the songwriter and the main musical influence as you say.

• Like 1

The new album would surely have been sorted with only a few months left to recording.... how do you spell multi-platinum? I'm glad they're kicking on, if I have to put up with The Rolling Stones, then you can put up with ACDC... :)

Oz

• 5 months later...

It's a really, really sad deal...for Malcolm, his family and the band. As a tribute to Malcolm and the bands 41 years of existence we have organized a tribute show this Friday October 3rd, 2014 @ Fatty's bar and Diner

10644882_837113082988990_899760054341563

AC/DC Tribute - High Voltage Salute Friday Oct. 3rd 2014
It's a High Voltage Tribute Party at Fatty's Bar with a diverse mix of Thailand's local bands (Garage rock, Country/Cuntree, Hardcore, Skinhead, Rock, Pop Punk, Screamo, Soi Rock and anything in-between)

Plastic Section: https://www.facebook.com/PlasticSection
Deadtown Trash: https://www.facebook.com/deadtowntrashbkk
Jimmy Revolt: https://www.facebook.com/jimmyrevolt
Ugoslabier: https://www.facebook.com/ugoslabier
The Botox: www.facebook.com/pages/THE-BOTOX/196382523758020
TSOS: www.facebook.com/thestateofsociety

The Ladz: https://www.facebook.com/Theladzfrombkk
Mathew Fischer & the Fishes www.facebook.com/matthewfischerandthefishes

• Like 1