Pro-Govt lecturer loses contract with Chulalongkorn University

webfact

Fired/sacked/contract not renewed= highly likely that she is correct and that this decision was made on grounds other than merit. She should pursue them in court. If they got rid of her for political reasons, they must pay the penalty.

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. More ammart rantings!

You have once again tried to hoodwink us with more BS about this and that. The fact of the matter here is this. She had a contract and it expired and because she wasn't as good as she's trying to make herself out to be so they didn't renew the contract. But rather than doing what normal people do and find a new job, this red shirt decides to turn it into a political issue. Like most red shirts, rather then looking inward to see what's wrong with herself, she blames others instead.

Of course she thought her contract was to be renewed! She thinks too highly of herself! Chula has always ranked among the top universities in Thailand, she may think she's good enough to be a lecturer there but the university obvious didn't. Why would they renew the contract of someone who is 'average' when the university is exceptional?

Don't even pretend to be a lawyer. Her contract ended. It wasn't renewed. End of story. Good luck on her court case if she decides to sue. She can always get her fellow red shirts to intimidate the judges.

I mention the ammart which gets you among so many other deniers all red-faced and red-blooded excited - red outside and red inside. The word exists, I didn't invent or create it. I one day long ago took an airplane to a place where the word exists. The word ammart is a descriptive and an identifier. You can and do deny its validity and reject its use, however, to put it frankly, you and your cronies are pissing in the wind when you deny, deny, deny; reject, reject, reject.

You also put a lot more politics into the lecturer's circumstance and situation that she herself has alleged exists. The lecturer says the reason given to her by this leading university of a feudal society and culture is a pretext, and pretext as a tactic of evasion does exist. So this is a prima facie case if there ever was one and it merits investigation to determine whether pretext exists in this instance. In the current context, the lecturer's charge of pretext does have probative value..

I make no claim to being a lawyer but I can say to you I know the laws against employment discrimination in the United States from the standpoint and experience of their enforcement. This of course is not the United States, however, I do recognize tea party extremists or their foreign equivalent when I encounter them. And you are an encounter.

BTW did you graduate from a university where as in the instance of Chula half of all faculty had less than a doctor degree?

You mentioned the ammart because you're a conspiracy nut. To you, the ammart is to be blamed for everything. Your toilet doesn't flush, it's the ammarts' fault. We've heard it all before.

The lecturer 'says' this and that happened. She says. It's her word against the university's. Besides which, once again, she wasn't fired. Her contract ended. It's not up to her to decide whether she deserves to have her contract renewed or not. Good luck to her trying to sue the university for not renewing her expired contract. Oooooo United States labor laws? Pffft.

Chula has consistently been one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. They must be doing something right. If as you claim, half their faculty has less than a doctoral degree, so what? As long as they remain one of the top universities, what does it matter? In fact, it makes this whiny lecturer, with all her degrees and bells and whistles, look even worse.

Outstanding. Foreigners arguing that the ammart doesn't exist.

Its all freely available on google in the thousands of websites, books, newspaper articles, but no, apparently its a conspiracy confined to Thai visa.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Chula is like Tokyo U. Hard to get into ( under "legitimate" procedures) but dubious quality. It is going nowhere in the rankings. Give me a grad from KMUTT , Srinakarinwirot, Chiang Mai or KKU any day...

You have once again tried to hoodwink us with more BS about this and that. The fact of the matter here is this. She had a contract and it expired and because she wasn't as good as she's trying to make herself out to be so they didn't renew the contract. But rather than doing what normal people do and find a new job, this red shirt decides to turn it into a political issue. Like most red shirts, rather then looking inward to see what's wrong with herself, she blames others instead.

Of course she thought her contract was to be renewed! She thinks too highly of herself! Chula has always ranked among the top universities in Thailand, she may think she's good enough to be a lecturer there but the university obvious didn't. Why would they renew the contract of someone who is 'average' when the university is exceptional?

Don't even pretend to be a lawyer. Her contract ended. It wasn't renewed. End of story. Good luck on her court case if she decides to sue. She can always get her fellow red shirts to intimidate the judges.

I mention the ammart which gets you among so many other deniers all red-faced and red-blooded excited - red outside and red inside. The word exists, I didn't invent or create it. I one day long ago took an airplane to a place where the word exists. The word ammart is a descriptive and an identifier. You can and do deny its validity and reject its use, however, to put it frankly, you and your cronies are pissing in the wind when you deny, deny, deny; reject, reject, reject.

You also put a lot more politics into the lecturer's circumstance and situation that she herself has alleged exists. The lecturer says the reason given to her by this leading university of a feudal society and culture is a pretext, and pretext as a tactic of evasion does exist. So this is a prima facie case if there ever was one and it merits investigation to determine whether pretext exists in this instance. In the current context, the lecturer's charge of pretext does have probative value..

I make no claim to being a lawyer but I can say to you I know the laws against employment discrimination in the United States from the standpoint and experience of their enforcement. This of course is not the United States, however, I do recognize tea party extremists or their foreign equivalent when I encounter them. And you are an encounter.

BTW did you graduate from a university where as in the instance of Chula half of all faculty had less than a doctor degree?

You mentioned the ammart because you're a conspiracy nut. To you, the ammart is to be blamed for everything. Your toilet doesn't flush, it's the ammarts' fault. We've heard it all before.

The lecturer 'says' this and that happened. She says. It's her word against the university's. Besides which, once again, she wasn't fired. Her contract ended. It's not up to her to decide whether she deserves to have her contract renewed or not. Good luck to her trying to sue the university for not renewing her expired contract. Oooooo United States labor laws? Pffft.

Chula has consistently been one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. They must be doing something right. If as you claim, half their faculty has less than a doctoral degree, so what? As long as they remain one of the top universities, what does it matter? In fact, it makes this whiny lecturer, with all her degrees and bells and whistles, look even worse.

Its all freely available on google in the thousands of websites, books, newspaper articles, but no, apparently its a conspiracy confined to Thai visa.

Never said they didn't exist. Unfortunately, a lot of other foreigners blame them for EVERYTHING.

Chula is like Tokyo U. Hard to get into ( under "legitimate" procedures) but dubious quality. It is going nowhere in the rankings. Give me a grad from KMUTT , Srinakarinwirot, Chiang Mai or KKU any day...

You're right Chula is going nowhere in the local rankings. They've been stuck in the top 3 so long they can't seem to go up or down. rolleyes.gif

You need some new lines as you keep saying "Chula has consistently been one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. They must be doing something right."

So I'd mention again as you and I continue to talk past one another, Chula was founded and established by the ammart, of the ammart, for the ammart. It is their version of an all-star university that leads Thai feudal society and culture for going on a hundred years. That's the deeply rooted something they're doing that you're so certain is right.

CU teaches Thai Ethics and Legal Principles 1001 that two wrongs make a right and five wrongs make it even more right. So I'd like to hear more from the discharged lecturer about her allegations that she was disparately treated by the university. Given all the entrenched feudalism around here, and at CU in particular, I see the presumptive burden as being squarely on the university. Are you afraid the university can't defend itself in their own court system by invoking the laws its own graduates write?

Oh and by the by, did you graduate from a university where half of the entire faculty have only a master degree or a baccalaureate as their highest academic credential, as is the case with CU? You keep avoiding my question in post after post.

I do wonder why.

You need some new lines as you keep saying "Chula has consistently been one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. They must be doing something right."

So I'd mention again as you and I continue to talk past one another, Chula was founded and established by the ammart, of the ammart, for the ammart. It is their version of an all-star university that leads Thai feudal society and culture for going on a hundred years. That's the deeply rooted something they're doing that you're so certain is right.

CU teaches Thai Ethics and Legal Principles 1001 that two wrongs make a right and five wrongs make it even more right. So I'd like to hear more from the discharged lecturer about her allegations that she was disparately treated by the university. Given all the entrenched feudalism around here, and at CU in particular, I see the presumptive burden as being squarely on the university. Are you afraid the university can't defend itself in their own court system by invoking the laws its own graduates write?

Oh and by the by, did you graduate from a university where half of the entire faculty have only a master degree or a baccalaureate as their highest academic credential, as is the case with CU? You keep avoiding my question in post after post.

I do wonder why.

No I don't need new lines. Rankings tell how good a university is. For a person who cries 'ammart' EVERYTIME something happens, it's ironic you telling someone else to have new lines.laugh.png

I think if you look at a lot of older universities, they were also founded by someone who is considered an 'ammart', I mean who can found a university if he doesn't have money or backing? Maybe back then, Chula was for the ammart only but right now, can you say that? Or are you just going to rant and lie and not provide any proof again?

I'm pretty sure this lecturer who wasn't as you say 'discharged' but whose contract wasn't renewed lied. Yes why doesn't she supply proof that she was targeted because of her political affiliation? Why doesn't she prove that she was a better lecturer than most others and that she deserved to have her contract renewed? All she has are her whines that she's a red shirt blah blah blah.

I am not avoiding your question. I don't care if half the university's faculty has only a master's. If the university consistently is rated top 3 in the country and is one of the few universities in Thailand that have actually managed to break into the world ranking, it shows the university is good. You seem to be avoiding that fact.

Never said they didn't exist. Unfortunately, a lot of other foreigners blame them for EVERYTHING.

Well, if you think they aren't in this fight with the reds up to their ears, you are incredibly naive.

UFOs exist. We just can't prove it.

like Yellows/PDRC blame Thaksin you mean???

your posts show a severe 'knowledge gap' if you think the 'Ammart' do not control Thailand and seek, at every opportunity. to protect 'their' feudal system of rights and privileges and their kids too. How else do their kids get no jail for killing 9 people? and there are 100s of other examples... Red Bull blow a whistle???

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 1

Its an open secret that chula supports the yellow bullies.

one day its the thugs in the protest groups bashing their opponents on the street, next day its a boss firing someone for holding a different political opinion.

nothing new really, just the typical intolerance of these fascist yellow shirt people on display once again

Thugs, Fascist, Yellow.....

Fail!!!! You haven't used Ammart, Suthep, Nazi, Elitist, Anti Democracy, Coup

Thanks for reminding me.

your posts show a severe 'knowledge gap' if you think the 'Ammart' do not control Thailand and seek, at every opportunity. to protect 'their' feudal system of rights and privileges and their kids too. How else do their kids get no jail for killing 9 people? and there are 100s of other examples... Red Bull blow a whistle???

You really want to mention the Red Bull heir when you have a government minister's son SHOOT dead a policeman and getting away with it because of his father? So I guess this government is part of that feudal system too seeing how their children get away with murder as well.

I do wonder why.

No I don't need new lines. Rankings tell how good a university is. For a person who cries 'ammart' EVERYTIME something happens, it's ironic you telling someone else to have new lines.laugh.png

I think if you look at a lot of older universities, they were also founded by someone who is considered an 'ammart', I mean who can found a university if he doesn't have money or backing? Maybe back then, Chula was for the ammart only but right now, can you say that? Or are you just going to rant and lie and not provide any proof again?

I'm pretty sure this lecturer who wasn't as you say 'discharged' but whose contract wasn't renewed lied. Yes why doesn't she supply proof that she was targeted because of her political affiliation? Why doesn't she prove that she was a better lecturer than most others and that she deserved to have her contract renewed? All she has are her whines that she's a red shirt blah blah blah.

I am not avoiding your question. I don't care if half the university's faculty has only a master's. If the university consistently is rated top 3 in the country and is one of the few universities in Thailand that have actually managed to break into the world ranking, it shows the university is good. You seem to be avoiding that fact.

Now you've taken up with other right wingnut militarist coup advocates to start calling everyone you don't like a liar.

What was the name of that rock band, Cheap Trick I think it was - no offense to the band which I somewhat liked, but the name is both relevant and material in the here and now.

You still haven't answered my question: Did you graduate from a university where half of all faculty have only a magister degree or a baccalaureate as their formal academic credential? Did you?

Did you or did you not?

I do wonder why.

Now you've taken up with other right wingnut militarist coup advocates to start calling everyone you don't like a liar.

What was the name of that rock band, Cheap Trick I think it was - no offense to the band which I somewhat liked, but the name is both relevant and material in the here and now.

You still haven't answered my question: Did you graduate from a university where half of all faculty have only a magister degree or a baccalaureate as their formal academic credential? Did you?

Did you or did you not?

If this ex lecturer wants to make accusations, then she better damn well back it up with evidence. Or else there's nothing wrong with calling her a liar.

I already said I DON'T CARE. So what difference does it make if I did or did not graduate from a university where half of the faculty only has a master's degree? Why don't YOU rebut the fact that Chula has for a long time been in the top 3 ranking even though as you say, half the faculty on have a master's degree? Seriously, tell us a top 3 university sucks just because half its faculty doesn't have a doctorate. Please do.

You really want to mention the Red Bull heir when you have a government minister's son SHOOT dead a policeman and getting away with it because of his father? So I guess this government is part of that feudal system too seeing how their children get away with murder as well.

I for one certainly wouldn't argue the point. However, I would not associate myself with you making the argument because you have motives and goals that go beyond the particular issue. You'd also have to recognize ammart inequalities such as alleged by the lecturer before I'd agree to otherwise valid issues of justice and jurisprudence in Thailand. You'd also have to agree the ammart are mangling the rule of law to take down the democratically elected government.

It anyway might be a good idea to get back to the lecturer and the ammart's prize baby CU.

I for one certainly wouldn't argue the point. However, I would not associate myself with you making the argument because you have motives and goals that go beyond the particular issue. You'd also have to recognize ammart inequalities such as alleged by the lecturer before I'd agree to otherwise valid issues of justice and jurisprudence in Thailand. You'd also have to agree the ammart are mangling the rule of law to take down the democratically elected government.

It anyway might be a good idea to get back to the lecturer and the ammart's prize baby CU.

No I do not accept that ammarts are involved in this lecturer's case. She brought it up but has yet to supply us with any evidence whatsoever. All we have is her word her contract didn't get renewed because of her political leanings. Prove her case. Are there emails where she was warned against getting involved with the red shirts? I bet you she can't.

The fact of the matter is, she's one of many people who have lost their jobs because they weren't good enough. Rather then accepting it and finding a new job, she has decided to use her connections with the red shirts to fight to get her job back. It's quite ironical if you think about it.

Did you or did you not?

If this ex lecturer wants to make accusations, then she better damn well back it up with evidence. Or else there's nothing wrong with calling her a liar.

I already said I DON'T CARE. So what difference does it make if I did or did not graduate from a university where half of the faculty only has a master's degree? Why don't YOU rebut the fact that Chula has for a long time been in the top 3 ranking even though as you say, half the faculty on have a master's degree? Seriously, tell us a top 3 university sucks just because half its faculty doesn't have a doctorate. Please do.

I don' say Chula "sucks" as you use the word, nor have I said the word in relation to Chula. You and I keep talking past one another regarding CU. You interminably say its one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. I respond by saying CU was established by the ammart, for the ammart, and is of the ammart - that Chula is the lead tertiary educational institution of Thailand in promoting and preserving a feudal culture and society.

And it does so while having a significant number of faculty that have inferior academic credentials for a university. Maybe you're used to that and therefore accept it. I am not and I criticize the fact..

Did you or did you not?

I don' say Chula "sucks" as you use the word, nor have I said the word in relation to Chula. You and I keep talking past one another regarding CU. You interminably say its one of the top 3 universities in Thailand. I respond by saying CU was established by the ammart, for the ammart, and is of the ammart - that Chula is the lead tertiary educational institution of Thailand in promoting and preserving a feudal culture and society.

And it does so while having a significant number of faculty that have inferior academic credentials for a university. Maybe you're used to that and therefore accept it. I am not and I criticize the fact..

I concur that CU was probably established by the ammart but I do not agree that is for the ammart. What proof have you to say that is only for the ammart? Seriously show me proof only ammarts get into Chula. Is it because of it's notable alumni? Umm if you graduate from a top university, you're probably going to be successful in one way or another. Is success how you measure if someone is an ammart or not?

You can criticize the fact that a university has a large number of 'inferior' academic credentials. However, the fact that the university is good enough that it is consistently in the top 3 shows that no matter how 'inferior' you think they are, the university is still very VERY good. You can try to criticize Chula all you want but the fact is, you really can't rebut the fact that it IS one of the top 3 universities in Thailand and IS one of the top 100 universities in Asia.

Did you or did you not?

I concur that CU was probably established by the ammart but I do not agree that is for the ammart. What proof have you to say that is only for the ammart? Seriously show me proof only ammarts get into Chula. Is it because of it's notable alumni? Umm if you graduate from a top university, you're probably going to be successful in one way or another. Is success how you measure if someone is an ammart or not?

You can criticize the fact that a university has a large number of 'inferior' academic credentials. However, the fact that the university is good enough that it is consistently in the top 3 shows that no matter how 'inferior' you think they are, the university is still very VERY good. You can try to criticize Chula all you want but the fact is, you really can't rebut the fact that it IS one of the top 3 universities in Thailand and IS one of the top 100 universities in Asia.

I don't have any information concerning Chula's scholarship awards of funds to the sons and daughters of Isaan farmers and neither do you. And I strongly suspect you'd rather not know about the paucity of it, or to hear about the paucity of it, or to see the uncomfortable issue raised to the level of public knowledge.

I suspect however the discharged lecturer got the same kind of treatment CU would give to the offspring of an Isaan farmer applying for admission to the ammart's favorite university.

I don't have any information concerning Chula's scholarship awards of funds to the sons and daughters of Isaan farmers and neither do you. And I strongly suspect you'd rather not know about the paucity of it, or to hear about the paucity of it, or to see the uncomfortable issue raised to the level of public knowledge.

I suspect however the discharged lecturer got the same kind of treatment CU would give to the offspring of an Isaan farmer applying for admission to the ammart's favorite university.

There's always that sort of dishonesty in your so called arguments. You bring up a point, in this case Chula's scholarship awards, in which you know nothing about and then you use it as an attack on the 'ammarts'. What you 'suspect' means nothing whatsoever.

There's always that sort of dishonesty in your so called arguments. You bring up a point, in this case Chula's scholarship awards, in which you know nothing about and then you use it as an attack on the 'ammarts'. What you 'suspect' means nothing whatsoever.

Given you PDRC philistines consider the people of the broad swath of the North to be inferior in every way, you'd be more than surprised if the sons and daughters of the people up there were included among the students, faculty, administration of CU, or would you expect the people of the North to be well represented at CU?

Given you PDRC philistines consider the people of the broad swath of the North to be inferior in every way, you'd be more than surprised if the sons and daughters of the people up there were included among the students, faculty, administration of CU, or would you expect the people of the North to be well represented at CU?

Once again, you see conspiracies everywhere with no evidence whatsoever. Where is your proof that Chulalongkorn University is in any way prejudice to people the North? This is only your biased opinion. Your weak arguments as usual come down to wild and unfounded accusations.

Once again, you see conspiracies everywhere with no evidence whatsoever. Where is your proof that Chulalongkorn University is in any way prejudice to people the North? This is only your biased opinion. Your weak arguments as usual come down to wild and unfounded accusations.

You have conspiracy on the brain and there's not much room up there for much of anything, so you as a certifiable philistine should be especially more prudent in how you choose to overburden your gray matter.

That Chula is exclusive of the people of the North is a matter of a quiet and long term cultural and social bias rather than any conspiracy conceived and conducted by the ammart that you so dearly worship and defend. What I plainly see is what exists, i.e., the natural course of the inherent biases of Thai society, culture, economics, politics and government that are daily played out over several score of years to the advantage of the ammart and to the disadvantage of the planters in the countryside, the North especially.

No 81 year conspiracies are needed, except perhaps at army coup time, to order the Thai society and its political economy to serve the ammart by excluding the colonies of the countryside.

The people of the North being excluded from Chula, Tammasat et al is not the design of conspirators nor it is an illusion among fahlang. It is the real and true result of elitist and ammart control of the society, its culture and its political economy for going on almost a hundred years.

You're the guy who today told a poster UFOs exist but "we" just can't prove it smile.png and now you say other posters are engaged in conspiracy stuff.

You have conspiracy on the brain and there's not much room up there for much of anything, so you as a certifiable philistine should be especially more prudent in how you choose to overburden your gray matter.

That Chula is exclusive of the people of the North is a matter of a quiet and long term cultural and social bias rather than any conspiracy conceived and conducted by the ammart that you so dearly worship and defend. What I plainly see is what exists, i.e., the natural course of the inherent biases of Thai society, culture, economics, politics and government that are daily played out over several score of years to the advantage of the ammart and to the disadvantage of the planters in the countryside, the North especially.

No 81 year conspiracies are needed, except perhaps at army coup time, to order the Thai society and its political economy to serve the ammart by excluding the colonies of the countryside.

The people of the North being excluded from Chula, Tammasat et al is not the design of conspirators nor it is an illusion among fahlang. It is the real and true result of elitist and ammart control of the society, its culture and its political economy for going on almost a hundred years.

You're the guy who today told a poster UFOs exist but "we" just can't prove it smile.png and now you say other posters are engaged in conspiracy stuff.

You have no proof whatsoever. You talk a lot of BS about biases in Thai society but you offer nothing but your own opinion. Until you can provide absolute proof by showing that Chulalongkorn University has none or an extremely small number of alumni who are from the North, you're as usual, full of it.

We've been reading your conspiracy theories about the ammarts for a long time but you never ever provide one shred of evidence. Now it looks like we can add the control of Chula and Thammasat by the ammarts to the list of conspiracies you've churned out. Why not the other top universities too? Hell, it's definitely not a high ranked university but you could also add Shinawatra University to the list because that's definitely controlled by an ammart.

If you didn't understand what I meant by the UFO crack then I feel sorry for you. Put your money where your mouth is. Prove the crap you spew out.

Edited by TVGerry

You have no proof whatsoever. You talk a lot of BS about biases in Thai society but you offer nothing but your own opinion. Until you can provide absolute proof by showing that Chulalongkorn University has none or an extremely small number of alumni who are from the North, you're as usual, full of it.

We've been reading your conspiracy theories about the ammarts for a long time but you never ever provide one shred of evidence. Now it looks like we can add the control of Chula and Thammasat by the ammarts to the list of conspiracies you've churned out. Why not the other top universities too? Hell, it's definitely not a high ranked university but you could also add Shinawatra University to the list because that's definitely controlled by an ammart.

If you didn't understand what I meant by the UFO crack then I feel sorry for you. Put your money where your mouth is. Prove the crap you spew out.

"Prove the crap you spew out."

I put a smiley with my comment which I know you didn't miss seeing so I don't know what you're on about in this regard either. You're more dense than I'd thought.

You are the crapper I've been going to all day to include my evening movements..You and your fellow defenders of the ammart are the TVF crappers all in a row, post after post, thread after thread, weeks after months. So the burden of proof is yours to bear both individually and collectively. In other words, you guys need to clean up the crap.

I think of you guys almost every time I go there. Same same. .

You want "absolute proof" from me? This is a discussion forum of opinion and (sometimes) analysis. It's news and comment oriented. TVF is not a research forum nor is it a center of investigative or probative auditing. If I went to Chula seeking the information you wrongheadedly demand of me everyone there would be "too busy" to see me or to direct me to the information you excessively demand.

All that's needed here is to observe the reasonable person theory of society and to attend to you crappers as necessary.

I mentioned Chula and Thammasat only and specifically in my post but you seem to think those are the only two I have in mind. They are not the only two ammart universities in Thailand and everyone knows this to be fact. Rather than present an impractical listing, I would mention that while the Rajabhat institutes are a good idea because they primarily serve the poor and the disadvantaged, graduating from one is hardly a ticket to the Thai circus big top.

Edited for typo after returning from the crapper.

Edited by Publicus

"Prove the crap you spew out."

I put a smiley with my comment which I know you didn't miss seeing so I don't know what you're on about in this regard either. You're more dense than I'd thought.

You are the crapper I've been going to all day to include my evening movements..You and your fellow defenders of the ammart are the TVF crappers all in a row, post after post, thread after thread, weeks after months. So the burden of proof is yours to bear both individually and collectively. In other words, you guys need to clean up the crap.

I think of you guys almost every time I go there. Same same. .

You want "absolute proof" from me? This is a discussion forum of opinion and (sometimes) analysis. It's news and comment oriented. TVF is not a research forum nor is it a center of investigative or probative auditing. If I went to Chula seeking the information you wrongheadedly demand of me everyone there would be "too busy" to see me or to direct me to the information you excessively demand.

All that's needed here is to observe the reasonable person theory of society and to attend to you crappers as necessary.

I mentioned Chula and Thammasat only and specifically in my post but you seem to think those are the only two I have in mind. They are not the only two ammart universities in Thailand and everyone knows this to be fact. Rather than present an impractical listing, I would mention that while the Rajabhat institutes are a good idea because they primarily serve the poor and the disadvantaged, graduating from one is hardly a ticket to the Thai circus big top.

Edited for typo after returning from the crapper.

So once again, you post a whole lot of rubbish about ammart this and ammart that and have really nothing new to add except they're behind some vast conspiracy. Except now you have added education institutions to your list of ammart controlled organizations when you give ZERO proof whatsoever. While people in this forum frequently give their opinions. you have taken 'opinion' to a whole new level with your ammart rants over everything.

You attack the universities but besides this lecturer who probably lied about what happen to her, what else in your 'opinion' makes the universities here ammart controlled? Just because you say so? Or your assumption that no one from the North gets to study there?

Did you or did you not?

It was going OK, until the absolute statement that chula is a very good university. According to the Times, it is 82nd in Asia.

It doesn't even figure in the top 400 Globally on their ratings. That says as much about Thai education as anything else. What a depressing statistic.

Yes but only 2 other Thai universities made that list. Education here may not be great as compared to other countries in the world but Chula ranks among one of the best here. The attacks on Chula aren't about the Thai education system as a whole but at Chula AS a Thai university.

The aggrieved lecturer was employed at Chula so CU and the lecturer are the dual focus of the thread..

Mention of the Thai education system prompts me to momentarily expand the criticism to the Thai education system as a whole.

The THAI CONFUCIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM

"On a more fundamental level, both sides are guilty of maintaining the
dominance of Confucian-based formal education at all levels, which is
largely responsible for the pervasive weakness of critical thinking skills
in the populace, because an education system which places more importance
on group activities than individual academic merit will have a very strong
tendency to channel their intelligence more in that direction. hence the
relatively easy manipulation and mobilization of political opinion, despite
the ‘quietist’ nature of Thais in general."

The aggrieved lecturer was employed at Chula so CU and the lecturer are the dual focus of the thread..

Mention of the Thai education system prompts me to momentarily expand the criticism to the Thai education system as a whole.

The THAI CONFUCIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM

"On a more fundamental level, both sides are guilty of maintaining the
dominance of Confucian-based formal education at all levels, which is
largely responsible for the pervasive weakness of critical thinking skills
in the populace, because an education system which places more importance
on group activities than individual academic merit will have a very strong
tendency to channel their intelligence more in that direction. hence the
relatively easy manipulation and mobilization of political opinion, despite
the ‘quietist’ nature of Thais in general."

So are you going to blame Confucius or the ammarts again?

And this lecturer, unlike you, isn't posting on TV with her 'opinion'. She's making real life accusations. Where's her evidence?

Edited by TVGerry