Firefox Extensions

Totster

If you did not save your .xpi files then it will be difficult. One possibility is to copy the extension folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o65b4oej.default\extensions) to the same place on the other computer and see. Replace "Admin" with whatever user name you use. But I suspect there are registry entries made also and this method may not work.

Mozbackup backups/exports/imports all your settings including optionally, extensions. The extensions function is marked as experimental but I've used it a number of times without problems.

Peter

Is there anyway to export my firefox extensions onto disc and then import them onto another PC ?

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Tywias suggestion will work; if you want all your bookmarks and saved passwords as well, just go up one directory. It even works across platforms.

What I did was start up firefox on the new machine, let it create the profile directory, and copy everything from the xxxxxxx.default directory from my source machine to the destination.

There are also some ways that you can set that directory to a thumb drive for added flexibility, but I forget the details now.

Guest endure
Tywias suggestion will work; if you want all your bookmarks and saved passwords as well, just go up one directory. It even works across platforms.

What I did was start up firefox on the new machine, let it create the profile directory, and copy everything from the xxxxxxx.default directory from my source machine to the destination.

There are also some ways that you can set that directory to a thumb drive for added flexibility, but I forget the details now.

If you buy a thumbdrive that supports U3 you can carry Firefox round on your keyring and use it on anyXP/2000 PC (http://www.u3.com/). I got a Disgo classic 1GB for £20 from ebay.