Consumer Complaint smartphone app to be created

Lite Beer

Consumer Complaint smartphone app to be created

BANGKOK, 19 April 2014, (NNT) - The Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) has revealed that it is working on a project to create a smartphone app that would enable consumers to make immediate complaints on their phones about vendors violating consumers’ rights.

The Director of the OCPB’s Public Relations Unit, Second Lieutenant Pairoj Kanhungsap, said that the application is in its final beta test period. He explained that consumers simply fill out the form in the application and hit "send", to make an official complaint direct to the office.

Second Lieutenant Pairoj said the OCPB would first implement the system at the local level, by assigning village heads to monitor the complaints and use the app to file all official documents to the office online. He said next week his agency would hold a seminar and a workshop on the application in Kanchanaburi Province, before extending the use of the program to other parts of the kingdom.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-19 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

A very noble cause , can't see it working or more to the point complaints being investigated, nobody seems to care very much about the rice farmers, so who could really give a toss about some phone and really are they going to care when you down load that the flood mitigation controls have failed again and Toyota are now making boats , any way smart phones are not that smart , it didn't know my birthday when I brought one. cheesy.gif

Consumer rights in Thailand? Anyone ever tried to get a refund for defective goods here? Blood and stone springs to mind.

I did and got it after 3 months for my blender , engine burn out replaced it on the spot for a new one so now got 1 engine and accecories for 2

They can create tons of apps....but are they going to do anything when someone complaints especially if that someone is a farang.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Proof please.... the threat of OPBC is enough for BigC to adhere to the detail of posted "Special Promo Cards" on the shelves; Kasikorn Bank has removed "Service Excellence" from most of its advertising and promo materials...to name a few achievements by a Guava

Hahaha. This should be outstanding. It will probably cause the entire internet in thailand to freeze up due to demand.

If they are smart they can put a map application where you can report these breaches. It will be amazing to see the deluge if complaints around Central department stores, car showrooms and government offices.

There is absolutely no way they will be able to handle it.

Hahaha. This should be outstanding. It will probably cause the entire internet in thailand to freeze up due to demand.

If they are smart they can put a map application where you can report these breaches. It will be amazing to see the deluge if complaints around Central department stores, car showrooms and government offices.

There is absolutely no way they will be able to handle it.

Yes and Home Pro removed the sign at the entrance of the store "Free Item If mis-priced" after I attempted to purchased a coffee maker that was mislabeled "On Sale" when it was not and still wanted me to pay the full price instead of free.

• Like 1