Thaksin 'ready to sacrifice family', sets terms for quitting politics

webfact

The big difference between Abhisit and Thaksin is that Abhisit stayed in the country to face the music.

He did not run away. He accepted that he could be charged with man slaughter and even sentenced to death. He takes it as a man and face the consequences of his government's policies.

Thaksin on the other hand ran away like a coward. He did not want to take responsibility. He did not want to stand up for or defend the results of his government's policies.

So the key word as I see it is "responsibility" - and Thaksin's lack of it. He says that ""He is ready to sacrifice for the country and to have his family end their political career so that the country can move forward." Is that just another way to again very conveniently run away from his and his family's responsibility of the current state of affairs?

You obviously need to learn a little more. Taksin did not run any where, he was already out of the country. Why would anyone be stupid enough to return to face a military coup appointed court and a corrupt government run by the meglamaniac Suthep. Abisit , whom i believe to be an honourable man was just the figurehead under Suthep.

Under these conditions, i am sure i would not return to a "Kangaroo Court" judicary.............would you be foolish enough to do so ?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is simply taking care of his business interests the best way he can... I've never heard of one Thai Martyr have you.... I seriously doubt he imagines being the first!

There was almost one.

"You can behead me if Thaksin is not back (in Thailand) by the end of this year (2013)".

• Like 2

The big difference between Abhisit and Thaksin is that Abhisit stayed in the country to face the music.

He did not run away. He accepted that he could be charged with man slaughter and even sentenced to death. He takes it as a man and face the consequences of his government's policies.

Thaksin on the other hand ran away like a coward. He did not want to take responsibility. He did not want to stand up for or defend the results of his government's policies.

So the key word as I see it is "responsibility" - and Thaksin's lack of it. He says that ""He is ready to sacrifice for the country and to have his family end their political career so that the country can move forward." Is that just another way to again very conveniently run away from his and his family's responsibility of the current state of affairs?

You obviously need to learn a little more. Taksin did not run any where, he was already out of the country. Why would anyone be stupid enough to return to face a military coup appointed court and a corrupt government run by the meglamaniac Suthep. Abisit , whom i believe to be an honourable man was just the figurehead under Suthep.

Under these conditions, i am sure i would not return to a "Kangaroo Court" judicary.............would you be foolish enough to do so ?

That is a fair point.

But why didn't he then come back to Thailand in 2011 once his own sister is the PM to take responsibility and defend himself? He should have nothing to fear except facing the possible jail sentence (maybe house arrest in a penthouse even?) and as well ask for a royal pardon?

• Like 2

He and Suthep make a perfect couple. May them and all their cronies/families/"friends" finish to destroy Thailand. Once for all.

You can't compare them - O.K., they are both corrupt - but on a different level. Mr. T. opened a new universe of corruption in Thailand; which has to be stopped asap.

I don't like S. at all, but I do like what he is doing now (not how he does it, but a least he does something against 'it').

Without him, Mr. T. wouldn't be so desperate now (and the red zombies wouldn't have lost at least some of their support).

• Like 1

Thaksin wants his political enemies to adhere to the rules and laws

​and this is coming from an accuses mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive!

That is PTP logic right there.

you must be talking about suthep right. Killed 90 poeple and now preaches terrorism from his little world. Making threats to all that do not want what he wants.

At 90 deaths, Thaksin was just getting started.

• Like 1

That is a fair point.

But why didn't he then come back to Thailand in 2011 once his own sister is the PM to take responsibility and defend himself? He should have nothing to fear except facing the possible jail sentence (maybe house arrest in a penthouse even?) and as well ask for a royal pardon?

The judges are still the same judges. You have only to look at the present day NACC's zeal in dealing with his sister which mirrors their predecessors (the AEC) efforts to get Thaksin behind bars.

Isn't it curious that the man so many posters on here delight in calling a cowardly convicted criminal was convicted in a case that even "The Nation" found hard to believe;

The case is being presided over by the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders.

So far, testimonies by virtually all witnesses from the state-controlled Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), who auctioned the land, suggest that there is no hard evidence showing that Thaksin had misused his authority because FIDF supposedly had a certain level of independence from the government.

Unless the court comes up with some concrete evidence today it will be difficult to pass a guilty verdict.

Now the court has to prove that it is fair - a task made even more difficult considering the deeply divided views held by opposing political groups. The fact that the Assets Examination Committee (AEC) was appointed by the junta also means that the court would have to try doubly hard to prove to sceptics that it is not part of a systematic attempt to purge Thaksin from the political landscape.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/09/17/politics/politics_30083619.php

For those of a non partisan mindset further investigation would find that the FIDF was independant from the government and that the Governor of the Bank of Thailand confirmed that. You will also find that the FIDF said that there was no case to answer and the case was only raised after immense pressure from the Junta appointed AEC, an organisation formed solely to look into Thaksins, (no other political figures) assets.

For the complete blow by blow account of just how set up this conviction was, read http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

The funny thing about the Thaksinista TV posters is that they are not able to defend their beloved "lord and master" without mentioning Suthep or Abhisit. tongue.png

It is just a game with some of these pro posters. just like the runs you get with bad food, perpetual motion, I think about 4 of them on this thread saying the same old stuff, rarely on topic, as if every topic was about Suthep. I now do the YAWNcoffee1.gif and wish others would do the same as answering them is feeding them.

Thaksin IS the root problem here despite repeated protestations by his boot lickers to the contrary.

He will never truly leave politics, he will always try to have some puppet under his control that will do his bidding. Anyone found to be doing the bidding of a fugitive ( in the same way PT have not to mention TRT, CTP, BJT and whatever other Thaksin proxy parties there have been ) should be put in jail, stripped of assets and banned from politics for life. Politics should be for the people, by the people and done by people who are here and not fugitives on the run with huge sums of money on a power trip....

"The problem was caused by the failure to adhere to the rules and the failure to respect the people's decision [at the ballot box]."

Totally agree! The Pheu Thai attitude of "thanks for voting, now go home, we have your mandate to do what we want" caused big problems. The rushed through blanket amnesty bill with even two years YIngluck government included showed a disrespect which simply called for problems.

• Like 1

"The problem was caused by the failure to adhere to the rules and the failure to respect the people's decision [at the ballot box]."

Totally agree! The Pheu Thai attitude of "thanks for voting, now go home, we have your mandate to do what we want" caused big problems. The rushed through blanket amnesty bill with even two years YIngluck government included showed a disrespect which simply called for problems.

The question is why did he push so hard and that the time that he did - why was it so urgent - why is he apparently willing to give up at this time for what he has worked so hard to keep. If you answer that question certain things maybe become clearer.

If you look at his "attributes" and his weakness rather than just writing him of for being the %^& ^&& that he is then maybe things come in to focus.

Without what transpire with the failure of the bill - what was going to be the major change for Thailand and how could he have used that for his advantage - look at his previous business interests. Who are his friends and connection? Where could the Infrastructure developments fit into all of this,

What ever else you say about Thaksin, he had the ability to think big and see opportunities.

Now join the dots

You are twisting the truth yet again.

Yes Thaksin left the country.

He was ALLOWED to under the PPP government led by his brother in law Somchai Wongsawat.

A party which incidentally was disbanded for electoral fraud.

Do at least try to get more than one fact right in a post.

Noppadon seems to bask in seeing his name in print and associated with a inside track to his boss. His legal expertise on rule and laws of Thailand are questionable

He apparently has knowledge of a lot of criminal activity but a complete '' Gomer '' in finding solutions or ways out of illegal problems/situations.

He's quite experienced in Trade Law. I am still impressed with how his Thai-Cambodian Joint Communique job was done when he served as Samak Gov't Foreign Minister.

This would be a good argument if they were both judged by impartial courts.

This would be a good argument if they were both judged by impartial courts.

Off topic. About Thaksin and family, Suthep is not family, why not discuss him on threads appertaining to him, We are only saying for a SECOND time BYE Thaksin, as he promised he was out of politics years ago. You little porky pie man.

• Like 1

Surapong also said he recently met a foreign fortune-teller who told him Thailand would become peaceful again after this month. ???

WHEN was it, ever, 'peaceful'? This foreign fortune-teller should be informed of the 2 dozen coups in the past 8 decades. The thousands of exiles. the ongoing power mongering kleptocrats.

So the fugitive from justice says if others obey the law he is prepared to sacrifice his family in order to get himself off the hook.

What a guy! thumbsup.gif

But on a serious note the Freudian slip in his statement proves one very important thing. The PM, DM and FM are only there because of him.

Red boys........ get out of that. biggrin.png

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2