Big Bike Parking

1BADDAT

^

In thailand it is something you pay lots of money and brag about it which gives you the ticket for big bike parking area.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are not happy with parking provided for there expensive bikes at shopping centers etc they should buy something cheaper to take to these places, leave your expensive bikes at home, everyone wants to park in a nice dedicated parking area but this is ThIland, get over it!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

nice typical post from someone who rides a scooter and dreams about big boys toys ,,,,,,,,,,,,

If people are not happy with parking provided for there expensive bikes at shopping centers etc they should buy something cheaper to take to these places, leave your expensive bikes at home, everyone wants to park in a nice dedicated parking area but this is ThIland, get over it!!

nice typical post from someone who rides a scooter and dreams about big boys toys ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have many big toys and can afford many more!. Stop complaining!!

• Like 1

come on ,you have a pcx and drewl over "real" bikes ......:D

come on ,you have a pcx and drewl over "real" bikes ......:D

You know best so no need to make a comment! enjoy your huge real bike whatever that is!! I hope it doesn't get scratched when you have to park with all the lesser bikes! elitist thinking!!

Edited by Alwayssunny
  • Like 1

Same issue at Siam Centre (where I park when going to Paragon). I brought my CBR150 (carb'ed) once and parked in the "Big bike" area, the attendant came running out of the booth and said I couldn't park there so I pointed to the plenty of PCX's and asked what the minimum CC requirement was? She couldn't answer so I said if they weren't going to allow me to park I would have to speak to the manager. This was quickly followed by the attendant returning to her booth.

I have completely no issue if the declaration is clear (e.g. at MBK there is a zone which specifically designates 400cc or larger), but if they use an ambiguous word like "big" and I see a PCX there, I'll be parking there as well for sure!

So bc of you and those pcxs there I can't park my bike at Siam Paragon big bike area as small bikes make it full.

Definitely a carbed cbr150 is not a big bike. New fi cbr150 maybe, pcx definitely no too. those pcxs might belong to workers there so they feel like they have the right to park which they don't.

But you don't have any right or reason to park there. They arrange these parking spots for big bikes as it is hard to pass through scooter labyrinth but you can with carbed cbr150.

I hope this declaration is clear for you.

Ah another advise, you might not find clear declarations you need in Thailand. If not use your common sense.

We could argue our different sides to death but the fact remains, if they aren't clear (use either the general rule of engine cc size or your idea of minimum width/length - albeit this rule would be silly to implement) your so called "big bike" area will continue to have carb'ed CBRs and PCXs clogging it up.

Just to be clear, I'm all in favor of a "big bike" area but if management can't be bothered to enforce it uniformly then I couldn't care less.

This is Thailand an a lot of things are ambiguous. I assume you are not mentally retarded, you know what a big bike is. If you want to park with the big boys buy a ticket.

Mentally retarded? Depends on who you ask! One thing's for sure though I don't take such a trivial thing as "big bike parking" so seriously. If it's such a big deal to you then instead being pathetic and whiny on a message board take your complaint to the establishment's management - tell them that you're a very important person who rides a very expensive bike and if they don't keep the riff raff out you're going take your big spending elsewhere. Until then you'll continue to see PCXs, Finos, CBR and all sorts of other bikes in the "parking for the priviledged" area.

• Like 2

Mentally retarded? Depends on who you ask! One thing's for sure though I don't take such a trivial thing as "big bike parking" so seriously. If it's such a big deal to you then instead being pathetic and whiny on a message board take your complaint to the establishment's management - tell them that you're a very important person who rides a very expensive bike and if they don't keep the riff raff out you're going take your big spending elsewhere. Until then you'll continue to see PCXs, Finos, CBR and all sorts of other bikes in the "parking for the priviledged" area.

the managment of the aformentioned establishments have already designated priviledged parking areas for big bikes

its the cheapskates on pcxs and the likes that think since theyre riding a pregnant cow they should be allowed to park in there

with the proper bikes that hes taking issue with .........and deservedly so IMO

the managment of the aformentioned establishments have already designated priviledged parking areas for big bikes

its the cheapskates on pcxs and the likes that think since theyre riding a pregnant cow they should be allowed to park in there

Stop moaning and do something about it!! you obviously think you are better than people who own something less expensive, elitist people are looked on as idiots, no offense intended!!

Again, my point is not that these designated areas should not exist, it's that the management has to be clear what "big" is and the easiest way to do this is with a clearly marked minimum cc requirement. If there is a sign (as has been shown in previous posts in this thread) then bikes without the required engine size will steer clear, this has been proven to work.

But if management just says "big" then it's fair game for anyone to park there as opinions are like assh*oles, everybody has one.

Again, my point is not that these designated areas should not exist, it's that the management has to be clear what "big" is and the easiest way to do this is with a clearly marked minimum cc requirement. If there is a sign (as has been shown in previous posts in this thread) then bikes without the required engine size will steer clear, this has been proven to work.

But if management just says "big" then it's fair game for anyone to park there as opinions are like assh*oles, everybody has one.

There is an elitist thinking section of bike owners here who think they are better than those people who ride something they consider to be trash, these elite people do not want to park anywhere other than a dedicated area which is devoid of bikes they consider to be inferior, I wonder if someone owning a million bht plus Ducati would think a Ninja 1000cc is inferior and should not be sharing the same parking area, where will it all end!!

Edited by Alwayssunny

There is an elitist thinking section of bike owners here who think they are better than those people who ride something they consider to be trash, these elite people do not want to park anywhere other than a dedicated area which is devoid of bikes they consider to be inferior, I wonder if someone owning a million bht plus Ducati would think a Ninja 1000cc is inferior, where will it all end!!

A line needs to be drawn somewhere and instead of calling people elitistsif you disagree with them, try to wear their shoes.

If you had a mill+ bike and you arrived to a shopping mall to discover all the big bike stalls are occupied with PCXs, how would you feel and what would you do?

Are you going to: park your bike at the small bike area; wait around until someone leaves; park on a driveway; leave the mall?

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

• Like 2

There is an elitist thinking section of bike owners here who think they are better than those people who ride something they consider to be trash, these elite people do not want to park anywhere other than a dedicated area which is devoid of bikes they consider to be inferior, I wonder if someone owning a million bht plus Ducati would think a Ninja 1000cc is inferior, where will it all end!!

A line needs to be drawn somewhere and instead of calling people elitistsif you disagree with them, try to wear their shoes.

If you had a mill+ bike and you arrived to a shopping mall to discover all the big bike stalls are occupied with PCXs, how would you feel and what would you do?

Are you going to: park your bike at the small bike area; wait around until someone leaves; park on a driveway; leave the mall?

I absolutely agree with you, I personally would not like to park my expensive bike with clicks etc, but instead of complaining constantly about parking not being enforced how about doing something about it and letting others know what happens, if the parking at a certain place is not good then you leave the expensive bike at home although this is not always possible if you in a strange place, it gets a bit tiring constantly reading posts about bikes that are considered trash, everyone's bike is special to them whatever it is!!

A year or so ago I was in Phuket. My friend and I went to a mall in a Patong Beach area a few times. Sometimes he was allowed to park his Pcx in a big bike area and other times he was denied, looks like it was up to a parking attendant to decide.

To his defense there weren't too many PCXs out there at the time but there's definitely too many of them now!

Let's blame the Honda fire making this over sized scooter on steroids! :D

Instead of this, i prefer you leave your scooter at home and take a taxi to the department stores.

I am not into a special parking lot just bc i own a big bike. Just it is hard to impossible to go through small bike parking areas with a bigger, heavier and wider bike with a lower turning radius.

So if you feel like your scooter is a big bike, you are living in an illusion and you cannot park at big bike area just to satisfy your ego.

And if seeing other idiots who parked their scooters providing you a reason to park there like them, you become an idiot as well and receive curses to your mom from big bike owners who cannot park there bc of you.

• Like 1

Instead of this, i prefer you leave your scooter at home and take a taxi to the department stores.

I am not into a special parking lot just bc i own a big bike. Just it is hard to impossible to go through small bike parking areas with a bigger, heavier and wider bike with a lower turning radius.

So if you feel like your scooter is a big bike, you are living in an illusion and you cannot park at big bike area just to satisfy your ego.

And if seeing other idiots who parked their scooters providing you a reason to park there like them, you become an idiot as well and receive curses to your mom from big bike owners who cannot park there bc of you.

This is Thailand get over it otherwise you will drive yourself mad!

So just bc it is not written on the wall, does it give you the right to park your scooter or smaller bike to big bike parking area?

So can you break the wall just bc they arr not written on wals as well.

I really dont understand that. If you are that stubborn, one day you might get a beating from parking attendants.

If you try to park my spot for example, i just come and warn you. If you are still stubborn, then things might go wild. Are you OK with that?

I feel like people at this thread feeling inferior with their bikes or their egos are getting a beating once they see big bikes on a designated parking spot and being a farang, they feel like they are special and can park there.

But it is just bc, it is harder for big bikes to go through small parking spots arranged for small bikes. If you cannot understand that and want to bend this just bc it is not written in a wall, just leave your small bike at home and take a walk my friend. You just live by things written on walls? If yes anyway Thailand must be hard for you to live.

Get over it guys, you own a small bike and cannot park at big bike area.

For me a big bike has at least a 1000cc. The rest are just big mopeds. whistling.gif

There should be a dedicated parking area for big heads with bikes over 1000cc I agree!!

No need for me. I have never had problems parking my bike.

And I have no problems parking between the mopeds either. We are all bikers, right? thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

For me a big bike has at least a 1000cc. The rest are just big mopeds. whistling.gif

There should be a dedicated parking area for big heads with bikes over 1000cc I agree!!

And I have no problems parking between the mopeds either. We are all bikers, right? thumbsup.gif

I dont have a problem either and i am not an elitists to ask for a special parking spot just bc i own a bigger bike.

but you mostly cannot pass between those scooters with a big bike. Either turning radius is not enough or scooter parked very close to each other and you cannot pass. You cannot even go out or turn back easily even if you can park.

Maybe where you are living parking areas for bikes are larger but where i am living it is not.

Edited by ll2

I dont have a problem either and i am not an elitists to ask for a special parking spot just bc i own a bigger bike.

but you mostly cannot pass between those scooters with a big bike. Either turning radius is not enough or scooter parked very close to each other and you cannot pass. You cannot even go out or turn back easily even if you can park.

Maybe where you are living parking areas for bikes are larger but where i am living it is not.

I agree it is often a bit too small for a large bike. Then I just find a spot somewhere else and make sure the security doesn't see me.ph34r.png.pagespeed.ce.GOH20nhrx_.png

Edited by Nickymaster

Just to clarify would you seriously get into a fight over a parking space?

Sorry I don't mean to make light of the subject of parking ones big bike, if I owned a very expensive big bike I would want to park it away from the hordes of small clicks etc, I can't think what the solution is!

Just as lord Buddha pointed out: we are burdened by our material possessions.

• Like 1

Sorry I don't mean to make light of the subject of parking ones big bike, if I owned a very expensive big bike I would want to park it away from the hordes of small clicks etc, I can't think what the solution is!

For me, i am ok to park my semi expensive bike next to clicks or pcx and dont feel inferior bc i do that.

It is all about greedy department store owners leaving tiny spaces for bikes to park and people with no common sense parking their scooters on big bike park area.

If they are large enough with enough space for any bike as standard drawn like they do for cars and enough corridor space to go in and out easily, it should be the best and no need for a special big bike parking spot then.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Playing the devil's advocate, why should a big bike (say 250 or over) be entitled to a special parking space? Are we so hi-so riding around on a larger displacement bike that the world must cater to us?

On the other hand...from the business owner's perspective, who is most likely going to spend the largest amount of money on a trip using a bike? Someone on a high end bike (think those over 650.000 baht) or someone that is not afraid to have the bags rubbing their fairings? If I was in that position, I would cater to those who brought in the most money, not self-entitled whingers.

BTW, II22, I agree; painted parking spaces would be nice...but have you seen how the locals drive? Don't think some marks on pavement matter much to them.