Yingluck says she under pressure over case of Thawil's transfer

webfact

I'm sure her brother will sympathise. He felt under pressure when he knew he was bang to rights and he didn't show up either.

Do you know anything about the Rachadaphisek Land Purchase conviction, anything?

Stress and land rights ????

Swampy airport problems--want to talk about them, but that's off topic also.

This is an example of the debate you're demanding, is it? You completely miss the point and come up with another unrelated question that's way off base and I'm supposed to debate it with you?

bigbamboo was referring to yinglucks stress (remember the OP?) by comparing it to the stress that Thaksin allegedly felt because he was "bang to rights and didn't show up either". This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of. Most people who are aware of the case know that the last case to expose Thaksin as guilty was this case, but the AEC were determined to prosecute and eventually found him guilty of abuse of power, not corruption, as it so often portrayed by the opposition.

Other cases, sure, but this was the one they used for a conviction.

Which is why I asked him if he knew anything about the case - because otherwise he would not have used this case as an example of a sound "bang to rights" conviction. Don't believe the hype, do some research and you will discover the farce that this "trial" was.

Now do you see the connection between stress and a land purchase, that's purchase, not rights?

It also highlights the danger of leaping in on a discussion without really understanding what it is about just because you feel some anger towards that poster. It should also serve to illustrate why I don't usually bother replying to your irrelevant questions.

This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of.

Psst, it is the only court case against Thaksin that has delivered a verdict yet, and of course it was a conviction, all the other are put on hold because he fled like a rat that flees a sinking ship.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When threads like this degenerate into finger pointing and rhetorical quotes it makes me wonder exactly how much influence our TGF or spouse influenced us to be pro or anti govt. I am anti govt as is my wife oddly enough we both saw some good in YL big brother but in the end we were glad to see him go. I have based my opinion of this govt lsrgly on what I have witnessed and did not need my wife to tell me it has been corrupt from day one. I simply do not understand why the pro govt supporters seem to be in denial about this.

I'm sure her brother will sympathise. He felt under pressure when he knew he was bang to rights and he didn't show up either.

Do you know anything about the Rachadaphisek Land Purchase conviction, anything?

This is an example of the debate you're demanding, is it? You completely miss the point and come up with another unrelated question that's way off base and I'm supposed to debate it with you?

bigbamboo was referring to yinglucks stress (remember the OP?) by comparing it to the stress that Thaksin allegedly felt because he was "bang to rights and didn't show up either". This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of. Most people who are aware of the case know that the last case to expose Thaksin as guilty was this case, but the AEC were determined to prosecute and eventually found him guilty of abuse of power, not corruption, as it so often portrayed by the opposition.

Which is why I asked him if he knew anything about the case - because otherwise he would not have used this case as an example of a sound "bang to rights" conviction. Don't believe the hype, do some research and you will discover the farce that this "trial" was.

Now do you see the connection between stress and a land purchase, that's purchase, not rights?

It also highlights the danger of leaping in on a discussion without really understanding what it is about just because you feel some anger towards that poster. It should also serve to illustrate why I don't usually bother replying to your irrelevant questions.

"This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of."

I hate bursting peoples bubbles, unless it is a Thaksin supporters of course. Thaksin cannot be found guilty or not guilty on all the other charges that await him as he has to be here in person to attend court. It may have escaped your notice, but he did a runner. Do you think that a Billionaire (especially in Thailand) would be concerned about a 2 yr prison sentence? It would be appealed and commuted to 24 hr probation (see recent teenager who kills 9 in mini-bus for example). The reason he has run and not come back is that there are some really serious long term jail sentence charges waiting him and he knows he is as guilty as sin. If he returns, he would have to attend court and then those charges would be heard and then...... kuuuurlink! I bet you thought he has done a runner because of the two year thing didn't you biggrin.png go on admit it now fabby. You and all them other red heads don't really know what dear leader has been up to do you?

• Like 2

If she states that the weather is extreme hot and people should seek shade it probably would be considered a brilliant statement by her spin doctors team.

She won't attend, she will stay @ home playing with her son while the wise guys write messages on facebook , posting it and defend PM yingluck in writing, you watch my words.

She is running out of luck.

"This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of."

I hate bursting peoples bubbles, unless it is a Thaksin supporters of course. Thaksin cannot be found guilty or not guilty on all the other charges that await him as he has to be here in person to attend court. It may have escaped your notice, but he did a runner. Do you think that a Billionaire (especially in Thailand) would be concerned about a 2 yr prison sentence? It would be appealed and commuted to 24 hr probation (see recent teenager who kills 9 in mini-bus for example). The reason he has run and not come back is that there are some really serious long term jail sentence charges waiting him and he knows he is as guilty as sin. If he returns, he would have to attend court and then those charges would be heard and then...... kuuuurlink! I bet you thought he has done a runner because of the two year thing didn't you biggrin.png go on admit it now fabby. You and all them other red heads don't really know what dear leader has been up to do you?

Come on, tell us. What are the other charges? I'd be especially interested in the ones where Thaksin knows he is "as guilty as sin"? Knows? Are you a mind reader?

We just want to know hard evidence here, not personal prejudice.

Here's my opinion: if I had been convicted by ammart courts of wrongdoing and the ammarts had taken over my country, I too would do "a runner".

• Like 1

Stress.

Welcome to the real world, PM.

Ask the farmers about the stress of not having been paid for months on how to deal with stress.

Hopefully though, you won't follow the path of many of them who used suicide as a coping mechanism.

blood is on Suthep and his followers hands who raided the funding bank with withdrawals, blocked funding via their proxy the EC and other dirty tricks, actually it backfired, the farmers know it was a dirty politics and they know the groups who are responsible for blocking their payments. best of a bad bunch on this topic maybe but they certain ally won't be voting for two faced Suthep and co. next election thats for sure.

Help, help, I'm being repressed.

http://youtu.be/fxGqcCeV3qk

Well Moonao you made 4 false statements and 4 insults in your last posting, so referring to your quote above by the Rabbi, where does that place you on the Rabbi's list of intellectual cowards? ...top of the leaderboard I'd say.

Come on, tell us. What are the other charges? I'd be especially interested in the ones where Thaksin knows he is "as guilty as sin"? Knows? Are you a mind reader?

We just want to know hard evidence here, not personal prejudice.

Here's my opinion: if I had been convicted by ammart courts of wrongdoing and the ammarts had taken over my country, I too would do "a runner".

"the ammarts had taken over my country"

If you'd care to check the time-line, it was Thaksin's PPP-led coalition-government, which was in-power when the court-case was heard & sentence passed, were PM-Samak ("a vote for me is a vote for Thaksin !") and PM-Somchai (Thaksin's own brother-in-law) really part of the "ammarts" ?

IIRC the court went to very great lengths, spending several hours in giving its judgement, to explain their verdict fully. IMO it was a fair call.

The law against family-members of senior politicians having business-dealings with the government was long-standing, from much earlier than the September-2006 coup, and is absolutely justified & necessary, to reduce corruption. But some politicians believe that they're above the law, this applies to people on both sides, I'd hasten to add.

Getting back to the OP, Yingluck had the right to replace a civil-servant, but doing it to make way for a family-member was nepotism, how can that possibly be defended ?

Fab you missed a few things off here---see #61. If you wish to select a single judgment and purposely omit other pending ones, it is denial again isn't it.

I do not demand debate with you I ask you to be honest with your assessment of government.-that's all. your denial is blindingly obvious.

I'd be feeling stressed too, if I was elected as PM and got removed by a judicial coup.

I'd be feeling stressed too, if I was elected as PM and did something illegal (or unconstitutional) and was caught and had to face the consequences. Even if I wasn't PM I would still be stressed.

• Like 1

Did you miss the sentence when I suggested that he would probably be found guilty in other cases, obviously you did. Here it is,

"Other cases, sure, but this was the one they used for a conviction."

I am personally of the belief that Thaksin saw how this court "case" was carried out and knew he would have no chance when the same Junta appointed AEC and judges went for the jugular. The allusion to "cowardly running" was pure pragmatism considering the circumstances at the time. He would have been stupid in the extreme to have voluntarily come back to that "Justice System".

What are the serious long term sentences - Are they murder convictions?

Of course he is not coming back just because of a two year sentence, do you think I or others would put that forward as a reason, just shows how much you think you know about me. The same Judges, the same system is in place. Example Sondhi, bailed 5/6 times, last but one sentence was 20 years for corruption, hasn't seen the inside of a jail cell. Why do you think that is? Why on earth would Thaksin come back to face a justice system as loaded as this?

Fab you missed a few things off here---see #61. If you wish to select a single judgment and purposely omit other pending ones, it is denial again isn't it.

I do not demand debate with you I ask you to be honest with your assessment of government.-that's all. your denial is blindingly obvious.

I didn't miss a few things, see post 73 and read my original post again. It's not denial if I mention it.

Don't give me the "I'm neutral in all this" crap.

I didn't miss a few things, see post 73 and read my original post again. It's not denial if I mention it.

Don't give me the "I'm neutral in all this" crap.

You said it--all this crap.

That's what all this is about stinking government mismanagement.

I am NOT a liar, I do not have to take sides like you, I answer posts and topics honestly, I am not in denial about what's going on.

It is denial if you skirt round the truth.

It gives me no delight to take a pro government stance like yours in fact I would be ashamed. If you want to discuss Suthep and why he is doing this fine or how bad a person Abhisit is-fine BUT DO NOT proclaim the innocence of PTP or Yingluck or play down the gross mismanagement, that IS denial.

Show me one post of mine where I give any indication of support for Suthep, I challenge you. We are not all of the mentality of George Dubbya "you are either with us or against us' etc. What you do not seem to understand is that many expats here, despise those uneducated expats who offer support for a fugitive criminal wannabe dictator and his mafioso clan of a family who are hell bent on the destruction of this beautiful country, as many of us are happy here with families and young children. Most people who offer support for these criminals are the 9am in the bar 'i'm ex Hereford SAS - but can't talk about it because of official secrets act' types, who actually believe that the response to their replies by many TV members is in some way a measure of their popularity because people are actually communicating with them. So my comment about hydrogen still applies.

I did not make any personal attack or comment about you in my post, quote it and show me.

I think you will find I did respond to the topic, followed by a flurry of intollerant flames from several posters.

If you can't discuss civilly without flaming and calling other members idiots then why post ?

If I recall correctly from reading Tolkien a a boy, flames were considered an effective way of destroying Trolls.

Than you better stay away from the fire.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can't understand how that comment has come from someone with Isaan in their name rolleyes.gif

What is it with you guys, do the girlfriends and wives up there refuse to provide the daily BJ if you don't actively support Thaksin or Yingluck? I can think of no other rational reason that educated men would support a criminal fugitive wannabe Dictator. Each to their own I guess.

I think you have to buy some reading glasses my friend. Where do I write that I support Thaksin or Yl? Please explain.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd be feeling stressed too, if I was elected as PM and got removed by a judicial coup.

There's that bloody pigeon again. You just sit there all day waiting for any opportunity to spew out that word. Do you have anything actually constructive to say ? No ? Thought not. Go and fly away somewhere....

...... And a quote for you in what is becoming a common trait among the intolerant Suthep supporters bullies (not that it bothers me, just an interesting but unsurprising observation)

Personal insults are the last refuge of the intellectual coward. -Rabbi Shmuley

Ah yes but an essential thing for those that really need to be taught a lesson because they cannot understand any other way - marcusd...tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

I probably said something cutting too close to the bone and hit a nerve, but anyhow more than anything else what this thread proves is that in case readers don't already know, is that anti-government protesters do seem share a few common traits - intolerance, bullying, mob mentality and a real inner struggle to accept other peoples opinions. god bless these dinasours clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Yet again you finish with a derogatory remark about posters here. I congratulate your arrogance. You even clap your own remark - astonishing, if it wasn't funny.

im laughing because predictably, and probably unknowingly, you just confirmed my point, and i'm sure you won't be the last smile.png

Ingnorace is bliss.

Stress.

Welcome to the real world, PM.

Ask the farmers about the stress of not having been paid for months on how to deal with stress.

Hopefully though, you won't follow the path of many of them who used suicide as a coping mechanism.

blood is on Suthep and his followers hands who raided the funding bank with withdrawals, blocked funding via their proxy the EC and other dirty tricks, actually it backfired, the farmers know it was a dirty politics and they know the groups who are responsible for blocking their payments. best of a bad bunch on this topic maybe but they certain ally won't be voting for two faced Suthep and co. next election thats for sure.

that is such BS. Really, you are a sad person. PTP tried to fool the banks but it was the account holders who put a stop to it, by withdrawing their funds. Not to mention why didn't your dear leader have the funds in place. Because her cohorts were too busy at the trough to care about the rice farmers. .

Why doesnt the super rich fugitive felon dip into his own funds,might get a bit of credence then.

This is an obvious reference to the only court case that he was found guilty of.

Psst, it is the only court case against Thaksin that has delivered a verdict yet, and of course it was a conviction, all the other are put on hold because he fled like a rat that flees a sinking ship.

Yes, the Thaitanic is a sinking ship and it's going down painfully slowly but given the ways things continue to develop it's going down for sure The crew have run to the bow, the passengers have dashed to the stern, the ship is cracking open in the middle. The rats seem more interested in keeping their heads above water than in what happens to the ship.

During Thaksin's trial in 2008 the court itself invited Thaksin to leave the country. That is, the court "approved" a substantial bail bond that specifically permitted T to travel out of the country, to Beijing, to attend the Olympics. The court knew what was going to happen. The court in fact wanted it to occur.

Everyone back then knew what was going to happen. Showing Thaksin the gate and Thaksin passing through the gate is the only thing the Bangkok ammart and Thaksin have ever agreed on.

Indeed, Pojamarn boarded the plane with nine travel trunks (some cynics say were full of cash). The court and the Bangkok ammart wanted Thaksin out of the country rather than to try to imprison him. Everyone here can picture the scene of the government trying to put Thaksin in chains to drag off to prison. Not, never, no chance.

Thaksin soon thereafter surfaced in the UK. After the Bangkok ammart and military installed the Abhisit-Suthep government, it made some noises about trying to extradite Thaksin under the terms of the 1911 Thai-UK extradition treaty, but the noises from the DP led government were neither serious nor were they sincere. The fact is none of the Bangkok ammart wanted Thaksin back in the country, even if he were carried back in feet first.

It's an afterthought to say the Ombudsman is doing his duty to question the passport issued to Dr T and that no one really cares if Thaksin has a new Thai government diplomatic passport because it will never be seen by Thai Immi officers at any point of entry to Thailand. The great fear of the Bangkok ammart is that suddenly one day Thaksin will pop up in Chiang Mai.

OMG.

• Like 2

Now why would a judicial system do that? maybe because there is some wrong doing? Is that not why you have a judicial system?

Why was it wrong to transfer this man? He was appointed by the PM. SHe should be able to transfer him too...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Because it was against the laws of Thailand. Believe it or not (Yingluck does not) that even the PM and the Shin Dynasty are not above the law and can be held accountable

what are the laws that says she cannot transfer a civil servant that was appointed? Are people appointed for life? Can they never lose their jobs if the PM feels they are not a good fit? What a strange place.

Now why would a judicial system do that? maybe because there is some wrong doing? Is that not why you have a judicial system?

Why was it wrong to transfer this man? He was appointed by the PM. SHe should be able to transfer him too...

Because it was against the laws of Thailand. Believe it or not (Yingluck does not) that even the PM and the Shin Dynasty are not above the law and can be held accountable

what are the laws that says she cannot transfer a civil servant that was appointed? Are people appointed for life? Can they never lose their jobs if the PM feels they are not a good fit? What a strange place.

She didn't fire him. He only got transferred. What's the big deal? Seems a little trivial for the courts to use this excuse to throw the country into further turmoil. If she is removed, what comes next? How will the country be governed? It seems clear that the court is not really thinking through the ramifications of their actions.

I have an idea, next time the dog that sounds like a pigeon spews the word 'coup' - let's all just ignore it. The pigeon is just attention seeking and trying to pick an argument with anyone who will bite, seems to get some sort of weird kicks out of it....

Next time the wolf says the sheeple bleat baa baa baa in all their posts let's just ignore the wolf in wolf's clothing.

BTW, the wolf's most feared predator is the eagle because the wolf never hears or sees the eagle's fast swooping attack.

What is strange is the amount of relo's and friends that take over these jobs after the incumbent has a disagreement with the govt.

• Like 1

She didn't fire him. He only got transferred. What's the big deal? Seems a little trivial for the courts to use this excuse to throw the country into further turmoil. If she is removed, what comes next? How will the country be governed? It seems clear that the court is not really thinking through the ramifications of their actions.

Its not up to the courts to think ahead about the future,its their job to make a ruling on what case is in front of them.

Come on, tell us. What are the other charges?

As you asked so nicely......

The cases acted on by the Asset Examination Committee are classified into four types:

1. Those currently in progress in the courts

1.1 Tax avoidance in transferring Shinawat Computer Inc. Communications involving Khun Ying Pojaman Shinawat –Bannaphot Damaphong Case number : 1149/2550 commenced 26 March 2007

1.2 The sale of land in the Rachadapisek district by the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF) to KY. Pojaman Shinawat. Both Thaksin and Pojaman are defendants

1.3 The case regarding the 2/3 number lottery project by the The Government Lottery Office. 32 political office holders and 16 officials.

2 Those cases which have been sent to the office of the auditor general but which were not decided by the Attorney General before the ASC ended its tenure:

2.1 Projects regarding electrical cable laying at Suwannaphum airport involving former Minister of Transport Suriya Jungrungreangkit and a top official in the Ministry of Transport

2.2. Case involving baggage systems and CTX 9000 scanners at S.Airport involving 26 politicians, civil servants, officials of state enterprises, juristic persons, and entrepreneurs. Loss to the state estimated at 6, 937 million baht.

2.3 Case involving “loan irregularities loan irregularities extended to the Krisda Mahanakorn Group” by the Krung Thai group. The case involves Thaksin, his son Panthongtae and 31 (former) board members of Krung Thai Bank.

2.4 Five cases that allege the former prime minister Thaksin used his position to benefit his own businesses, causing loss to state assets.

2.4.1 Case on the order to convert mobile phone operator concessions to an excise tax, leading to a loss of the Telephone organization of Thailand of 30, 667 million baht.

2.4.2 Case regarding reducing revenue share paid to TST ทศท from prepaid mobile services from 25 to 20% leading to a state loss of 70, 872 million baht.

2.4.3 Case relating to AIS and its reduction of payments by treating networks separately for payment purposes to TOT. Loss of 18970579711 baht during the term of the concession. This gain enabled rise in Shin Corp before its sale.

2.4.4 Various breaks given by the Board of Investment for IPSTAR satellite projects within Thailand.

2.4.5 Case regarding Treasury officials in tax negotiations regarding the sale of Shin Corp.

3. Those cases under consideration by the AEC but not forwarded to the OAG before 30th June.

3.1 Case regarding Sky Train Airport link with losses to the state of 1, 200 million baht.

3.2 Three Cases regarding Ua Athon housing project that involves builders, officials (3.2.1/3.2.2/3.2.3 )

3.3 A case involving the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and its dealings with private companies worth 300 million baht.

3.4 The case involving the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority’s purchase of fire trucks involving a loss to the state of 1, 900 million baht.

3.5 The cause of unusual wealth in Thaksin’s purchase of Manchester City

4. Those cases which have been returned after the Attorney General determined not to proceed.

4.1 The Export-Import Bank and the loan to Burma (which involved purchase of Shin Corp products). Claimed loss of state amounting to 670,436,201 baht (EXIM) 140,349,000 (Treasury). Gains to Shin Corp 593,492,815 baht.

4.2 Case involving Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and rubber plantations project. Loss to the state of 1, 400 million baht Case involves 44 people including Newin Chidchop, former Deputy Minister of Agriculture. Various accused are being asked to pay compensation of 1,109 million baht.

5. Those cases sent to the Tax office to recoup tax.

5.1 Pojaman Shinawat and Banaphot Damaphong transferred shares with no tax. Tax outstanding approximately 546 million baht.

5.2 Thaksin’s children Phongthongtae and Thongtha Shinawat bought shares in Shin Corp from Ample Rich Invesment (164.6 million each) at a cost of 1 baht before they sold it to Temasak at 49.25 baht, which is subject to tax. In August 2550 requested Tax Department to seek payment of 11, 809, 294, 773 baht in tax.

5. 3. Ample Rich tax issue, as it was active in Thailand for four years, but never paid tax.

1.1 and 1.2 are already done, the result was a 1-1 draw, he got the hell out of Dodge after that result.

The source is a very anti-Thaksin site, but it saved me making links to multiple web pages, and sums it up quite well I think.

But apart from that anteater, you are right, there is nothing at all rolleyes.gif

(Thank you Thaddeus)

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1