Gross Things Your Housekeeper Does ( and other Thais...)

EBlair48

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She should get a medal because she is strengthening your immune system. Soon you will be able to eat feces and grow fat too (if you aren't already)whistling.gif

I don't eat Thai food, but is that what happened to you ? [" just joking" smiley icon to offset personal insult ]

• Like 1

Mine gets 600 for about 4 hours of work, the house looks OK but don't check under or behind stuff. I do provide used sponges and such for the nattier jobs- is she stupid or obtuse?

She is Thai.

.....and of tropical origin, so we'll say unable to think of future consequence- which is me getting the trots.

I wonder what she uses your toothbrush for ?

Not (necessarily) related.... but is the toilet spotless or how about the grouting..extra clean?

Re restaurants, not all Thai operated ones are terrible just as having a foreigner presence does not automatically increase hygiene standards.

She should get a medal because she is strengthening your immune system. Soon you will be able to eat feces and grow fat too (if you aren't already)whistling.gif

I don't eat Thai food, but is that what happened to you ? [" just joking" smiley icon to offset personal insult ]

It was just a tongue in cheek attempt at homour. Call the funny police!!!!

• Like 2

George is clearly a troll, feminine in her fastidiousity, yet prone to using words like puke which no lady would use.

.I suggest he or she dispenses with the housekeeper, rolls up her sleeves and uses some elbow grease.Only then can she be assured of the levels of hygiene to which she aspires.

• Like 2

I only have a lady in occasionally and I like both her and the results but I'm sure she does some things that would gross me out. I try not to think about it and I go away and don't watch her. The only thing I've "caught" her at is putting her funky handbag directly on the main food prep area on the kitchen counter. Twice. I asked her both times not to store it there, trying to explain why (bottoms of bags are usually infected from bathroom floors) but I doubt that registered. So knowing that ... what else is she doing ... oh well ...

Edited by Jingthing

Mine gets 600 for about 4 hours of work, the house looks OK but don't check under or behind stuff. I do provide used sponges and such for the nattier jobs- is she stupid or obtuse?

costas ,

you might of known he would of beet you, his would have to cost 600,

op

ive read many of your posts and to me, you shouldnt be here,

you dont like thais, you wont eat in the restraunts because kids are sneezing,,,

• Like 2

Funny post, made me chuckle. Thai people are not unclean for sure but they do not have the level of hygiene awareness / health and safety of Western Countries (I think the West has gone to far with these things by the way). You only have to see the thousands of street food vendors and the conditions they are cooking in to see that people don't really mind here.

The best way to deal with it is be specific. Give her different cloths for different jobs and ask her politely to do things they way you want them done. I think you should at least give her the opportunity to adjust so you are happy.

Off topic a bit but 1 thing I struggle with is watching and listening to people eat and chew with mouths wide open. Also the chewing and holding a conversation so you get a full view of the mushy contents in their mouths, you also see the occasion piece of food fall (or fly) from their mouths. I struggled with this when lived in China as well.

No one here cares about that either, but again in the West you are taught from a vey early age to chew with your mouth closed. A couple of years ago my mother came to visit me in Asia for her holiday and commented that people here ate like warthogs!! giggle.gif

• Like 2

Even though I have been incurably lucky to have the same Muslim house keeper for the last 14

years I have come to learn that they are not really house keepers in nature, they mostly wing it

and have rhyme or reason why they do what they do and you still have to show them over and

over again how and what to do even though they did it many time before, they are inherently

not well endowed in the brain department to say the least...

• Like 1

If they do like that they don't give a rats ass about you and the job or service they do for you.

Sure that at their own home they would never do anything near it, Thais are extremely clean when it comes to their body and food.

They can live in a pig-shed in a garbage yard, but they are always clean on themselves and their clothes.

• Like 1