Armed Thai soldier arrested with map of PCAD rally site

webfact

Armed Soldier Arrested With Map of PCAD Rally Site
By Khasod English

13986618351398661889l.jpg

BANGKOK — Police say they have arrested a soldier and a student carrying firearms and a map of an anti-government protest site in Bangkok.

The pair was reportedly arrested shortly after midnight at a security checkpoint on Rama IX Road in Huai Kwang district.

The suspects were identified as Sgt. Jakkrapong Siprom, 27, a soldier working in the Royal Thai Army's Signal Department, and Sattawat Chaiyapon, 24, a university student.

According to the police, a search of their vehicle turned up one MP5 submachine gun, one Glock handgun, 56 rounds of 9 mm. ammunition, 17 rounds of .223 ammunition, a grenade, a flashlight, radio equipment, and a pair of balaclavas.

The suspects were also carrying a detailed map of the area around Lumpini Park where supporters of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) have been organizing rallies against the government.

Pro-government activists have repeatedly accused army personnel of tacitly aiding the PCAD by supplying them with weapons and serving in their ranks as "guards," an allegation the army has steadfastly denied.

There is no immediate comment from the Royal Thai Army regarding the arrest.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1398661835&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-28

Clear case, the police arrested by accident 2 Red-shirt assassins , and they will be reprimanded by the Boss in Dubai

obviously, because why would a guard need a detailed map....he stays there he knows it anyway. And the dislike of maps is well known

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprise if some low rank soldiers were unhappy with their commanders and taking on pdrc from their own initiative. The leaflet distributed over the weekend to the armed forced do shows, that many are unhappy with the mob

<deleted>, they are clearly red shirts on their way to carry out some form of attack on Lumpini park. Just like to get that one on record before TV's rabid yellows pile in with their usual wacky stuff.

Cue Woppydo, Baerboxer, et al.

Who are you to label anyone on here? Read the forum rules and think about their implicit as well as explicit meanings.

I have not expressed any specific support for the yellow shirt movement, or Suthep and his followers. However, I do support the Thai people who turned out in their masses to protest against the deceitful attempt to whitewash a crook and his family and place them above the law and beyond reproach or accountability.

I would criticize any government that lies constantly, cheats, commits illegal acts and has proven to be inept at anything other than self advancement - regardless of what color shirt they prefer.

PTP and their previous incarnations that were dissolved for fraud, have a track record of violence and 'setting up things". Their opposition are no angels and represent the reactionary old guard. But its PTP that have been in government and now cling to power.

Sadly the Thai people don't really have much choice do they? A one man dictatorship or control of the old elite families. Neither seem likely to deliver real reform that will benefit the masses and country.

You chose a very appropriate avatar.

Don't you remember that THIS CROOK as you say did away with the IMF debt that the previous government built in about a year give or take a month or to. But that does not count as you hate democracy as you do.

• Like 1

Clear case, the police arrested by accident 2 Red-shirt assassins , and they will be reprimanded by the Boss in Dubai

obviously, because why would a guard need a detailed map....he stays there he knows it anyway. And the dislike of maps is well known

Why so he can show the student that was with him. DAAAwhistling.gif

Reds, Yellows, PDRC, armed militias, etc. This place has the faint smell of "failed state" about it lately.

Faint, how about rancid!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It would seem that these men are not working for the PCAD as this article hints. Carry weapons and a detailed map would lead you to think more that they were planning an attack on the PCAD.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They look very much Southern to me. :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It would seem that these men are not working for the PCAD as this article hints. Carry weapons and a detailed map would lead you to think more that they were planning an attack on the PCAD.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They look very much Southern to me. smile.png

and what has that got to do with it?

why do you say "cleraly red shirat"????? Could have been sutheps thugs with the STUDENT from that camp bringing in weapons.

Well... Well.... Well.... This is not how it is being reported in the Bangkok Post?.... Khaosod seem to have forgotten to print ALL the details.

The reason the soldier was carrying the map of the Lumpini park site is because his main duty is that he is in fact assigned to ISOC.(Internal Security Operations Command).. And claimed he is to collect intelligence on PDRC movements etc...

Also, guess who just happens to be the director of ISOC????...... None other than a certain Yingluck Shinawatra.

This was an assured government backed terrorist attack on the PDRC gone wrong because the information obviously wasn't distributed to the police in time to let them through to carry out their mission.

BUSTED........ BUSTED........... BUSTED!!!!!!!!!

I bet it all goes away very quickly and you won't hear another mention of it.

So you've just accused the army of running a terrorist operation against PDRC for Yingluk, even knowing Prayuth is ISOC.

Is that correct? You're suggesting the army has turned on PDRC?? Even to the extent of killing them?

• Like 1

These headlines just kill me. I thought it was more to do with the MAP so I opened the article to read why a map was so dangerous...555

When you say armed solider, I think, yeah, he's a solider so of course he is armed, but not given the correct context...well these headlines are just crazy.

These headlines just kill me. I thought it was more to do with the MAP so I opened the article to read why a map was so dangerous...555

When you say armed solider, I think, yeah, he's a solider so of course he is armed, but not given the correct context...well these headlines are just crazy.

And the student with him? And the guns outside of permitted army checkpoints? And the black balaclavas? And the IED?

I don't think the map was the big deal here, more the fact an armed soldier had guns where he shouldn't, black balaclavas, a bomb, an accomplice and also of course, the biggest thing; the close timing in relation to the attack on the Colonel.

If you've seen the Lumpini drone shots (removed from this topic for whatever reason), you'll see there's only a few people and they're scattered about quite a complex Lumpini site with lots of tented sections. So you can see why he's have a map, but its hardly a big part of the story.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

I can see them getting stopped and the arms found, oops.

But witnesses seeing the arrest meant they had to be taken in.

So how to spin it as their masters want? Do a dog n pony show and 'spin it like the bosses want',

who cares the truth, these two were just pawns, caught being too stupid to not get caught.

Either way they were planning some violence.

So better they are taken from the game plan for the moment.

Edited by animatic