Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

You wont be able to turn away paying customers in the future if your not on this world because of doing it now. Stick to the legal midnight closing zone you are in and you will live to tell the tale. Cant turn the clock back when you are destroying you health for a few thousand bath.

• Like 2

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobi’s Bar for Sale

Lake Mabprachan is a fast growing residential area of East Pattaya and contains dozens of large, gated communities housing thousands of foreign residents. The area now has its own shops, banks, restaurants, markets, pubs, bars etc which serve the ever-expanding local community.

Mobi's Bar is in at a prime location, overlooking Lake Mabprachan, on the ‘Darkside’ of Pattaya.

· Seating for approx. 30 customers.

· Large kitchen.

· Pool table area

· Upstairs accommodation for staff. including bedding.

· Assets include: central bar with 3 sides, bar fittings and high bar tables, bar chairs and stools, pool table with balls cues, etc.,2 large flat screen TV's, CD sound system with hard wired speakers, Drinks chiller cabinet, Deep Freezer chest, 2 large ice containers for beer, fans (ceiling and potable), micro wave, cooking equipment, computerised till system (POS), electric hot water container, special bar lighting, drinking glasses, bottle ‘condoms’, plates, mugs, cups, eating utensils, etc and much more….

Under the heavily promoted ‘Mobi’ banner the bar has become a profitable ‘going concern’. Spread sheets showing monthly sales etc, are available to prospective buyers.

It is fully equipped and operational so no additional capital expenditure will be required by new owner.

A new, 3 year lease will be available in new owner's name, who will have the option of keeping the Mobi’ name.

The sale is due to the chronic ill health of current bar owner.

Coordinates of the bar are: 12.920558,100.960837

Anyone who is seriously interested can PM me for further details. (Click on my avatar and then click ‘Send me a message’.)

post-25991-0-44459200-1411540971_thumb.j post-25991-0-11485400-1411540960_thumb.j

post-25991-0-17346800-1411540962_thumb.j post-25991-0-35300000-1411540964_thumb.j

post-25991-0-77949800-1411540966_thumb.j post-25991-0-98227100-1411540968_thumb.j

I'm sitting here at Mobi's at 12.25 (a.m.). The last customer just left and it's as quiet as a mouse...

I won’t try to pretend that the last few days at Mobi’s bar have been a roaring success, because they haven’t.

There haven’t been many folk around since last Saturday; mainly because the rains seem to have set in around Lake Mabprachan, at long last.

We have had several days of extremely wet weather, not a few power cuts, and not a lot of business.

At least the water authorities are happy as the lake must have risen by a millimetre or two by now.

But despite the dearth of customers from one end of the lake to the other, we are still more or less breaking even.

Every day, a few of our faithful regulars drop by, and then a group of Aussies or maybe some Americans, and today a ‘table-full’ of Germans dropped in to sample our cold beers, play with the ladies while we play with our music.

I kid you not – ask at any nearby bar and they will tell you that Mobi’s is the only bar around that consistently attracts a few customers.

We put in a lot of hard work getting it right and we now seem to be reaping rewards, and the high season will soon be upon us….

• Like 2

Just back after 5 weeks away, took a drive round the Lake. More like a forest now than a Lake.

Yup, we'll soon be able to walk across the Lake all the way to the Pong Tessabahn..

After a few days of really heavy rain, guess what? its dry again...

Sport at Mobi’s this coming weekend

FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX in RUSSIA (Sochi )

Saturday, 11th October

6.00 p.m.

Qualifying

Sunday, 12th October

6.00 pm

Main race

There is no EPL football this weekend.

We're having a good crowd in for the F1 Grand Prix - probably the best ever...

Hamilton just won.

To those England football followers who may be interested, I should be able put on the Estonia /England game tonight live.

It starts at 11 p.m. so if you make yourself known, I will do my best.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. I was planning to have a beer and watch a match one day, even if I live on the other side. Lets hope you find someone willing to buy.

Edited by balo

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. I was planning to have a beer and watch a match one day, even if I live on the other side. Lets hope you find someone willing to buy.

Thanks for that.

Well I haven't gone yet, and it may take a while to find a buyer, so in the meantime I will soldier on.

So feel free to come by when you feel like it - you can always check on this thread to make sure I'm still there.....

I had another catastrophe with the main bar TV last night –it’s only been back in the bar for a few days and … here we go again..

The damn thing only has one HDMI input port and as I have two transmission sources (TV and Video) I bought a HDMI splitter box which provides 3 in, 1 out.

When the TV came back form the shop (after the jing jogs had eaten half the electronics) the HDMI splitter wouldn’t work well. I tracked it down to a faulty HDMI cable, and was planning to buy a new cable today.

In the meantime, we have been constantly changing the HDMI output (from TV to Vid) into the single TV input port.

Guess what?

The bloody HDMI port has broken – in fact it has disappeared inside the TV!

So no CTH sports and no music vids…

We rushed home and brought back our home TV to the bar and an hour or so later we were back in business.

It will be a nightmare – and very expensive – to take the TV back down from its mountings above the bar and take it back to the repair shop, so today I’m going down to Tuk Com to see if I can find an ‘HDMI to Component’ adaptor.

Even if I find one, I’m not sure it’s going to work, but it’s worth a try as the alternative - sending the TV back to the shop - will be a major hassle and very expensive.

Wish me luck…

I had another catastrophe with the main bar TV last night –it’s only been back in the bar for a few days and … here we go again..

The damn thing only has one HDMI input port and as I have two transmission sources (TV and Video) I bought a HDMI splitter box which provides 3 in, 1 out.

When the TV came back form the shop (after the jing jogs had eaten half the electronics) the HDMI splitter wouldn’t work well. I tracked it down to a faulty HDMI cable, and was planning to buy a new cable today.

In the meantime, we have been constantly changing the HDMI output (from TV to Vid) into the single TV input port.

Guess what?

We rushed home and brought back our home TV to the bar and an hour or so later we were back in business.

It will be a nightmare – and very expensive – to take the TV back down from its mountings above the bar and take it back to the repair shop, so today I’m going down to Tuk Com to see if I can find an ‘HDMI to Component’ adaptor.

Even if I find one, I’m not sure it’s going to work, but it’s worth a try as the alternative - sending the TV back to the shop - will be a major hassle and very expensive.

Wish me luck…

I bought one at Tuc Com a few months ago, was difficult to find. I am away from home this week so can't give you the name but it was quite expensive, about 1200 baht.

The shop is located next to the stairs, to the right , I think 3rd floor.

Anyway I will try to get rid of the converter , it didnt work well on my old TV.

Guess what?

Wish me luck…

I bought one at Tuc Com a few months ago, was difficult to find. I am away from home this week so can't give you the name but it was quite expensive, about 1200 baht.

The shop is located next to the stairs, to the right , I think 3rd floor.

Anyway I will try to get rid of the converter , it didnt work well on my old TV.

I searched Tuk com form one end to the other, (including Amorn) with pic in hand to show them but 'no have' anywhere. Then I went to Power Buy on Pattaya Klang - no have either.

post-25991-0-89423400-1413213801_thumb.j

I gave up and had the TV taken down and tomorrow will take to the repair shop and get a new HDMI port fitted ... I hope.

In the meantime, the men who took down the TV from its mountings succeeded in destroying a 10 meter HDMI cable, by manhandling the connector at one end... gr....

I'm confused. Went down to Mobi's tonight to have a chat and wish him well. Have been meaning to do so for some time.

Anyway, after ordering my coffee (yes, I'm on a bike) I asked the girls "Who is Mr Mobi?".

"Finished" was the reply. "New Boss.".

Best of luck mate and don't get another 24 hour a day stressful occupation. Take it easy.

The reason I haven’t posted anything about the sale is because I have been working flat out on carrying out my pre and post-sale obligations, as agreed with the new owner.

The new owner wanted to do an instant purchase and he took over as at 16th October.

There was much to do and I have hardly slept in 2 days.

Things are now settling down and the new /owner management is up and running, although Lek and I are still helping with a number of things.

The new owner is ‘Nev’, he is an Australian, and he told me he will keep things just as they were, but I think he was just trying to make me feel good.

He needn’t have worried as it is none of my business what he does with the bar once he owns it., and it certainly looks like things are rapidly changing, including the bar name which is now ‘Nifty’s Bar’.

Let’s hope they are changes for the better. For starters he has bought a barbeque grill and I believe he will be holding regular ‘barbees’ for customers – the first ‘internal’ try out was last night. He plans to cook imported steaks etc. and the next one will be on Saturday night.

I will write more as time permits, but the main story about the bar sale and other matters should be in this weekend’s blog.

In the meantime I wish the best of luck to Nifty’s Bar, and suggest that you go along and try it out.

Glad the sale went well. All the best and keep in touch,

Than you Peter. I intend to remain in touch. I have made a few really valued new friends during the past six months and I don't want to lose them.

I've also met a few dick-heads - what else can you expect if you run a bar in Pattaya? - but I must say they were few and far between. Somehow we managed to to maintain a better 'quality' of clientèle than most of the other bars around, and the dick-heads tended to take one look at Mobi's and go elsewhere... for which I was very thankful.

But I will miss all the daily adventures and the miss-mash of customers that came from such a wide variety of backgrounds and countries - so many of them with a fascinating tale to tell. Some rich, some dirt poor like me, having fallen on hard times after a previous life of relative wealth.

I will miss the friendly drunks, the loud mouthed drunks and the ones that just flopped asleep on the table or scurried to the bushes to puke their guts out. I shall miss all those drunks on bikes who were so far gone that the could barely keep the bike from falling over, let alone drive safely down the road in the middle of the night.

And I haven't even started on the fairer sex - both staff and customers.

That will have to wait for my blog.....

But when all's said and done, I did achieve one of my many dreams, running a bar in Thailand, and by general consensus I don't think I made too much of a balls-up.

If I had one - which I don't - owning a bar would surely have been on my bucket list... so job done!

I'm confused. Went down to Mobi's tonight to have a chat and wish him well. Have been meaning to do so for some time.

Anyway, after ordering my coffee (yes, I'm on a bike) I asked the girls "Who is Mr Mobi?".

"Finished" was the reply. "New Boss.".

Best of luck mate and don't get another 24 hour a day stressful occupation. Take it easy.

I think Mobi is attending Television Repair School this week

Just for the record - the TV went back to the repair shop 2 more times before we were finally satisfied that it worked OK, and even then I had to change some HDMI cables to make it work - even though there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the old ones, (they work OK at home).

The final time we raised it back into its mounting, we had the new bar owner, his friends and another customer all heaving and straining to get it in position and bolted back onto the mounting. What a bloody nightmare!

I was almost on the point of buying him a new one and taking the old TV home, but the Gods were on my side and so far it's working perfectly ...

but for how long?

Well, I'd have to go back to TV school to answer that....