Earth quake chiang mai just now.

Tywais

I just experienced a heavy earth quake in Chiang Mai. Our entire two story house was rocking and rolling in Mae Hia. This is the worse I've felt here in 20 years. TV rattling, front gate rattling.

• Like 2

I'm assuming not too many of ya every lived in Alaska. It rocks and rolls like this pretty often. If they don't break anything they're fun!!! w00t.gif I've been an adrenaline junkie too long LOL.

I'm assuming not too many of ya every lived in Alaska. It rocks and rolls like this pretty often. If they don't break anything they're fun!!! w00t.gif I've been an adrenaline junkie too long LOL.

I am from Hawaii & have experienced hundreds of quakes

This one was big enough to worry especially given building structures here

Not to mention being in a condo

Being in a home is another story & less worrisome

This was large & I expect to see damages

Here is some already being reported in Chiang Rai

post-82547-0-24505200-1399291738_thumb.j

post-82547-0-59879900-1399291750_thumb.j

Why did you close the longer, earlier, thread in favour of this one? Are you at least going to merge them?

I went by the time stamp that the very first topic that was posted. Figured I would get some stick for that. Can not merge as per TV policy.

Why did you close the longer, earlier, thread in favour of this one? Are you at least going to merge them?

I went by the time stamp that the very first topic that was posted. Figured I would get some stick for that. Can not merge as per TV policy.

I posted first and you closed the thread.

45 posts Vs 3, and you close the 45 post one.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

It was well and truly felt in Bangkok,just rang a friend of mine and his desk on the 4th floor was swaying.

Local TV is showing minor damage in Chiang Rai,roads caved in stuff off shelves , cracks in buildings ,could have been lot worse and rating varying from 5.8 to 6.1 depending what station you are tuned into.