why do thais forget there poor past when they become rich?

dirtyfalang

I was in in the house if a ex bar girl who married a rich swiss falang only to have my jaw drop at the way she yelled and screamed at her maid .

I almost had to sew my mouth to not remind of her past .

Why cant they remember where they came and what they been doing to get to this point??

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being authoratative over subservients is proper. Yelling and screaming at the maid is a sign of her class. People with class do not need to yell and scream.

actually you treat the maid better than someone who is almost your level.....at least where I come from.

This is one ex-bargirl--ONE--and you're suggesting that all Thais behave this way? TROLL THREAD!

To be fair it's not an uncommon occurrence to see Thai women who had nothing turning into 'madames' when they have someone's money to spend..... not the abusiveness but the airs and graces.

Then again, it's all part of a 'marry a rich man' dream.

Edited by bigbamboo

Mother in law, certainly not. She made the money. Still works from 6am to 9pm at night everyday at almost 80 years old.

Spoilt as hell BIL perhaps, his trailer trash gold digging wife and her gold digging family - Yep certainly have, all it took was engagement for it to happen. Seems to think everything that MIL owns is theirs (she even said/ screamed it at me) and staff at all the businesses work for them, ordering them about while sitting on their fat backsides. Try paying them then. Everyone hates them. Mother in law has no respect for her son (doesn't know her will has been changed yet smile.png ) and hates his wife and family. Said the same thing as someone posted "She's been watching too many soaps".

If you're going to get a gold digger at least get a decent looking one. bah.gif

Any reason why they should remember their past?

In western culture we are encouraged to be humble and respectful of our history. This has never been in vogue in Thailand. They love to be hi-so even if up to their necks in debt. Pretty shallow really.

• Like 2

Being authoratative over subservients is proper. Yelling and screaming at the maid is a sign of her class. People with class do not need to yell and scream.

actually you treat the maid better than someone who is almost your level.....at least where I come from.

I worded it poorly. Being authoratative is proper in Thailand, but authoratative does not mean superior in the sense of showing contempt or disrespect.

you must really be a young and unexperienced lad my friend... This behaviour is exactly the same all over the world. Sweden, go over to USA and so on... As soon as money rolls into the bankaccount people change and feels that they are better than others......

Look at upnoosed Bangkokians, middleclass a#holes from Sweden or halfrich maniacs from the USA......There you got it, all over it is the same.

Glegolo

• Like 1

It's not a Thai thing or the bar in the girl.

Studies show an increase in wealth and status decreases our feeling of compassion for others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/rich-people-compassion-mean-money_n_1416091.html

To a certain point and perhaps only in respect to a specific age group. The period in which people came of age has a major influence, My observation is that people who grew up in the dirty 30's and endured WWII tend to be thoughtful of those in trying circumstances. People who grew up in the booming 50's and early 60's have a selfish streak to them. The people who grew up in mid 60's to mid 70's have kept some of their youthful ideals and it shows in their kids. Then we get to the disco era and the greedy 80's generation and they are just one useless group of people and they have produced some even worse offspring. My simplistic opinion. smile.png

• Like 2