Fifty countries issue travel warnings

Lite Beer

Here we go again. Can't really belive that most of these countrys are alot more violent and dangerous than it is here ! And issuing warnings about the quake that happened is amazing. The next warning will be don't goto the sea side, there could be a tsunami !

Well they forgot to mention don't go to California it is going to fall off into the sea.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations peoples medium!

I didn't know your reforms included the tourist industry!

If only they had not tried to amnesty Taksin.. That is what started this all.. all is a result of this utter incompetent corrupt government that only works for their big boss.

The reds so easily forget what started this all.

The Dem's/Yellows forget that it started in 2006 when they backed the coup against an elected government.

Well I am was not here when the coup happened but to be honest with you I don't think the army had any backing they just did it. They tidied up the constitution a little bit and then put the PM up for election. Being military they didn't get the Constitution tidy enough it still needs tinkering with and some real teeth put into the penalties.

Was there Yellow shirts in 2006? If the Dems backed them how come when the army left they were not in charge?

Some thing faulty with your logic but then again that is a common trait with red shirts.

If only they had not tried to amnesty Taksin.. That is what started this all.. all is a result of this utter incompetent corrupt government that only works for their big boss.

The Dem's/Yellows forget that it started in 2006 when they backed the coup against an elected government.
Well I am was not here when the coup happened but to be honest with you I don't think the army had any backing they just did it. They tidied up the constitution a little bit and then put the PM up for election. Being military they didn't get the Constitution tidy enough it still needs tinkering with and some real teeth put into the penalties.

Was there Yellow shirts in 2006? If the Dems backed them how come when the army left they were not in charge?

Some thing faulty with your logic but then again that is a common trait with red shirts.

Big chunks missing from your knowledge and appreciation of historical things Thai from 1940 on.

Your assertions are just that.

In fact speaking from ignorance is never pretty. Casting insults is doubly ugly.

A lot of the pro-democracy supporters here are just that. Pro Democracy. One man one vote.

They are not "Red Shirts" nor are they particularly fond of Thaksin.

You really should fill in these massive gaps in your knowledge before you smear pro-government people as fuzzy thinkers.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

I thought the topic of this thread was 50 countries issue travel warnings not a re hash of the shirt colors thing again.

America and Canada have not issued recent travel warnings that I could find. I don't think the UK has issued a recent one for the political problems. Anyone know for a fact or not?

I would suggest the story is politically motivated BS. I think that would be on topic. But first does anyone know if any country has recently issued a travel warning .

The OP says, "According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 50 out of 68 countries surveyed have notified their citizens of the ongoing protests in and outside Bangkok following the Constitutional Court's ruling"

I think that is a lie. Does anyone know if any countries have recently issued a travel warning because of the political situation?

I thought the topic of this thread was 50 countries issue travel warnings not a re hash of the shirt colors thing again.

America and Canada have not issued recent travel warnings that I could find. I don't think the UK has issued a recent one for the political problems. Anyone know for a fact or not?

I would suggest the story is politically motivated BS. I think that would be on topic. But first does anyone know if any country has recently issued a travel warning .

The OP says, "According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 50 out of 68 countries surveyed have notified their citizens of the ongoing protests in and outside Bangkok following the Constitutional Court's ruling"

I think that is a lie. Does anyone know if any countries have recently issued a travel warning because of the political situation?

Yes, as an example Australia...

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Thailand

These notifications are fairly normal. My notifications from the US embassy have only warned Americans to stay away from protest areas, not warned us away from the whole of Thailand or the whole of Bangkok either for that matter.

Yes, as an example Australia...

I don't think that is a travel warning. I think it is the warning before the travel warning.

Well if they don't issue warnings they get in hot water, when the body bags come home. Which is most every day already. But when this starts and it will. It's going to be bloody. No way I can see it being avoided at this point. ....so stock up on whatever.... You think you need. From BKK.......

What a totally irresponsible and, unless you are with Tourism Malaysia or Indonesia, an utterly mindless comment.

You post as if you have information not readily available to anyone else.

You position yourself as if you have an inside track.

I'm calling BS here.

What is so outrageous about that comment Donnie? That sums up Thai political history perfectly. No idea what Malaysia and Indonesia have to do with anything however when you sober up you might feel a bit of a prat.

thailand, finally good at something, hub of travel warnings

people wanting to avoid bangok, might flight directly to phuket, but oh, there is the visa crackdown in progress

thailand, shooting themselves in the footh, over and over again

i predict a flood this year... lets check in about 5 - 6 months

those pesky farang investers need to start to go relocate

Edited by belg

Here we go again. Can't really belive that most of these countrys are alot more violent and dangerous than it is here ! And issuing warnings about the quake that happened is amazing. The next warning will be don't goto the sea side, there could be a tsunami !

It's called COVERING YOUR BACK SIDE!

Well if they don't issue warnings they get in hot water, when the body bags come home. Which is most every day already. But when this starts and it will. It's going to be bloody. No way I can see it being avoided at this point. ....so stock up on whatever.... You think you need. From BKK.......

What a totally irresponsible and, unless you are with Tourism Malaysia or Indonesia, an utterly mindless comment.

I'm calling BS here.

What is so outrageous about that comment Donnie? That sums up Thai political history perfectly. No idea what Malaysia and Indonesia have to do with anything however when you sober up you might feel a bit of a prat.

Could someone on this board direct Equalizer to the TV troll/flame society?

He's entitled to an overpriced family owned building plot in Butte-Firk nowhere, a free-style beer/rice paunch, a receding hairline and a full-on hot wife with six family-approved foreign gigs on speed-dial.

If he's not already posting from a poob back 'ome in Broakahass on D'Ole, I wish him all the best in the remaining days of his beer bar venture.

I believe the warnings these various countries have issued are for a reason. Most governments feel it is a responsibility to warn its citizens of hazardous conditions aboard, regardless of the situation at home.

I suppose that if governments didn't do so and it's citizens suffered an injury, the cry would be "Why didn't you warn us"?

I don't run the show. I just sit back and watch it.

thailand, finally good at something, hub of travel warnings

people wanting to avoid bangok, might flight directly to phuket, but oh, there is the visa crackdown in progress

thailand, shooting themselves in the footh, over and over again

i predict a flood this year... lets check in about 5 - 6 months

those pesky farang investers need to start to go relocate

So, does Belgium have a recent travel warning for Thailand? I couldn't get the embassy website to load.

SING THIS ALSO.

" the bill is alive, with the sound of money"

"Doe for us a lot more doe"

" far for Yingluck way to go"

" Chalerm a drop of golden brew"

"Thaksin you dream with jam and red"

"Then it brings us back to DOE"

Surely the first line should have been

"The BIB is alive with the feel of money"

There is a lot of foreign media coverage and governments probably have to be seen to be responding. Travel alerts/warnings are appropriate but still allow potential visitors to decide for themselves.

I did have to wonder a couple of days ago about the Ukranian Consulate, or whatever title, worrying about Phuket being unsafe for his own nationals coming from a country already in a state of civil war.

A few weeks ago on baht bus in from Pattaya saw a couple of ladies riding. "Khazakstan?" I asked. "Yes". Nice conversation. A week later met a couple more. I asked if they spoke much English there: "Yes, we are educated people." Very nice, good English, not unfriendly. Knew right away not from Putinville. I would like to see more, and may even think about a trip to that country.

So the Reds are forcing the Yellow's to hold Bangkok hostage......555

I'm calling BS here.

He's entitled to an overpriced family owned building plot in Butte-Firk nowhere, a free-style beer/rice paunch, a receding hairline and a full-on hot wife with six family-approved foreign gigs on speed-dial.

If he's not already posting from a poob back 'ome in Broakahass on D'Ole, I wish him all the best in the remaining days of his beer bar venture.

P.S stop smoking that Yabba as well.

The following Travel Advice has changed or been added since our last update ( 8 May 2014 15:46:03 EST):

* Thailand

Current Advice Level: "High degree of caution"

Change Summary:

It contains new information in the Summary and under Safety and Security: Civil unrest/Political tension (on 7 May 2014 the Constitutional Court of Thailand removed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and a number of cabinet ministers from office. The decision has led to intensified protest activity. From 12 May, the main anti-Government protest site will move from Lumpini Park to Rachadamnoen Road, near Government House. A large scale pro-Government rally has been ongoing in the Thawi Wattana District in the outer west of Bangkok since 10 May. Other rallies may occur sporadically at other sites. You should exercise vigilance as the security and political environment remains volatile, particularly in Bangkok and surrounding areas). Australians should continue to avoid all protest sites and surrounding areas, political rallies, marches and processions, political events (including polling stations when elections are rescheduled) and large-scale public gatherings due to the r

isk of further violence. We advise Australians to exercise a high degree of caution in Thailand overall due to the possibility of civil unrest and the threat of terrorist attack.

I'm calling BS here.

P.S stop smoking that Yabba as well.

In spite of all her protestations to the contrary, there Equalizer, that's NOT a strawberry flavoured feminine wash she's for goin' down there. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is a Persian Carpet fitter in Pattaya called 50 shades of Lay,ruggery and druggets by order ,for runners see border weaverstongue.png

Loom 3 times and ask for Mr Tassle Asian or is that another thread

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Sometimes it's like a meeting of bitches on this site.

If no travel warning, some bitch. If have travel warning same people bitch.

It's an advisory service from embassy's, no one is forcing you to follow it or even read it.

UK government warn healthy young backpackers/tourists whilst demanding senile ex-pats journey to the capital for visa letters! What a useless set of people work in the UK Embassy.

OMG my government never warned me that going to Thailand was dangerous now where is that lawyers phone number so that I can sue someone for some compensation for the trauma I suffered damaged me for life my trauma counsellor will back me up with that, after going to such a violent nasty country as Thailand.

• Like 1

I must be dumb...OK OK..I don't catch on to the Julie Andrews bit. I lived in Canada once, ghastly place. As for Switzerland, who the hell would want to go there.

I think that France has a bloody cheek. Being concerned over their people. A few years back, when there was a load of trouble in Bkk, I read that the Aus Embassy and others were asking their people to register etc. So I did with the French Embassy, well I tried ....didn't even know what I was talking about. Embassies are useless, unless of course you are a hostage in international news and they get a bit of publicite out of it.

Holy <deleted>... travel warning from Russia.... Didn't think it was possible!! Thailand must really be stooping to new lows... (Maybe the west could threaten Putin with a holiday in Pattaya... that might get his arse out of Ukraine. cheesy.gif )

I agree the amnesty bill was a huge tactical error. I am still not clear, would this bill also have given amnesty to those of the opposition under changes for the 2010 actions and deaths? Still a tactical error but if it was to give amnesty to all it could be seen as an attempt to clear all the guilty and start a bit more evenly (yes, no denying the aim to restore the former PM's ability to return). As to the beginning? Well, back to the history, my reading would be that the start would have been Bangkok not distributing the government services and funds more equitably thus giving Taksin the support by his paying attention to the unanswered need.