Thailand drugs baron Craig Allen from Sheffield jailed after being arrested at IKEA

webfact

‘Untouchable’ drugs baron who ran international dealing ring from mansion in Thailand jailed after being arrested at IKEA
Craig Allen, 50, from Sheffield, S Yorks, sentenced to 20 years
Dubbed 'ginger ninja' and 'little fella', he made £5,000 a week dealing drugs
Arrested at gunpoint outside IKEA in Amsterdam last October
In his Dutch flat, police found 3kg cocaine, 1kg heroin, €425,000, cash-counting machine, scales and rubber gloves

By NICK ENOCH

LONDON: -- An ‘untouchable’ drugs baron who ran a worldwide heroin and cocaine dealing ring from a mansion in Thailand is facing prison today after being arrested at IKEA.

Craig Allen, from Sheffield, South Yorkshire, had convictions dating back to 1975 and 'thought he was above the law'.
But now, the 50-year-old - nicknamed the 'ginger ninja' and 'little fella' - has been jailed for 20 years.

His drugs operation made him £5,000 a week, which was used to fund a lavish lifestyle at the luxury estate he shared with his Thai wife and child.

However, his empire crumbled when he was arrested at gunpoint - outside IKEA in Amsterdam - by Dutch police last October, and then extradited to the UK.

When police searched his Dutch flat, they found 3kg of cocaine, 1kg of heroin, €425,000 (£350,000) in cash, scales, a cash-counting machine, rubber gloves, a vacuum-packing machine and other drugs paraphernalia.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628096/Drugs-baron-jailed-arrested-IKEA.html#ixzz31kZDGlYM

[dmail]2014-05-15[/dmail]

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's a small fry in the drug world, but thanks for the headline anyway.

At least there's one less now. I wonder if they'll be able to seize any of his assets from the drug dealing. Unlikely I would have thought. £5000 a week is huge but it would go a long way living in Thailand and I suspect if he wasn't caught then it would have grown.

Edited by kimamey

5K a week = "drug baron"? Me thinks not.

Off topic, but what bird is that in your avatar? It's a lovely little creature.

Banded Kingfisher. Taken in Kao Yai National Park, Thailand if I remember correctly.

Not much information about the "Thai mansion" in this Thai reprinted article. No information or interest by the Thai press in smoking out the banking connection mentioned in the Bangkok funds transfer. Who are the Thai Mr. Bigs in the Bangkok money laundering network here? That should be the news in the Thai press plus they should be seizing the "Thai mansion."

• Like 2

Drug Baron - 5k per week - I wouldn't call this a baron, as far as I heard in news and stories about drug cartels a good street cocaine dealer in a wealthy western city makes 10k per month.

Also where is the hot news about Thailand? Yes he has a thai wife and lived here. But his business seems to be in Europe and he was arrested a half year ago in Europe...also the news said he settled to Netherlands already 2010...don't blame Thailand now that they allowed him to stay here...

Edited by SoFarAndNear

5K a week = "drug baron"? Me thinks not.

Off topic, but what bird is that in your avatar? It's a lovely little creature.

Banded Kingfisher. Taken in Kao Yai National Park, Thailand if I remember correctly.

Thanks, and to put this back on topic; what do you think of the Jail Bird's pic? ;)

At least there's one less now. I wonder if they'll be able to seize any of his assets from the drug dealing. Unlikely I would have thought. £5000 a week is huge but it would go a long way living in Thailand and I suspect if he wasn't caught then it would have grown.

This makes me sad

Hardly a drugs baron lol.... It looks like Thai Visa have lifted this word for word from the Daily Mail website, a a paper known for its drama queen style reporting.

He was bigger than 5000 a week though, I have no idea why they plucked that figure out of the air. He has made millions. Like I say though, hardly a 'baron'.

" I wonder if they'll be able to seize any of his assets from the drug dealing. Unlikely I would have thought."

I think you are incorrect. There are sweeping powers now to confiscate anything from these types of criminals

A drug baron shopping at IKEA cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Perhaps cold turkey rehab will help him get it together.

I guess having a money counting machine is a bit of a give away

And the Kgs of coke and nearly half a million dollars isn't? But holy crap, hide the money counting machine