Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

A one year non imm O ?? And they extend it annually ??

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

90 day reports must be carried out (Thai Elite provide that service)

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

Massage (Thai Massage only - at approximately 50 spa's)

Golf (no green fees at approximately 20 courses in Thailand).

Medical: Free Yearly Full Medical at Bumrungrad

The program was never cancelled. Reductions in service are:

Airport Transfers: 7 Series BMW reduced to Camry

Massage: Any massage has been reduced to Thai massage only.

Golf: The number of courses in the program has approximately halved.

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

The 5 year visa is the same.

Airport Transfers are the same.

A little further information:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

Why do you think it's "Special Entry"? It could just as easily be "single entry."

It sounds to me it's just a single entry non-imm "O" visa that's extendable for one year (for a fee) and renewable for 5 times. Also, I would assume you probably have to pay for reentry permits if one goes in/out of Thailand, and if one forgot to get one, poof...there goes your visa and 500k!

You are joking or?? "If not buying a a re-entry permit--poof there goes your visa and 500k" you can't belive that? His visa even say M multiple entry

Edited by bangkoklasse
  • Like 1

My mistake earlier - it is the 90 day extension (at a cost of 1900 THB) and not a 90 day report.

Confirmation may be required of the 'assistance' provide by Thai Elite for each 90 day Extension.

It was my understanding that assistance will be provided by Thai Elite just once each year for 'business and logistical' matters.

(i.e. they'll come along with you and help you open bank accounts, get a driving licence etc - which is something easy enough to do alone).

That said - for the 90 day Extension they could provide someone each extensions 4 times per year, I've just never seen it written that clearly.

I went over all of my Thailand Elite welcome documents etc. again to see if I could shed any light on these matters.

1) From the basic one page promo material they send out to potential new members the only information related to visas is: "5-year multiple entry visa with an extendable 1-year length of stay per entry".

Extendable 1-year length of stay per visit. I'm still not sure if that means that you have to leave every year or not, but as I said I've e-mailed them to ask.

2) In the Application Approval letter they send out there is no visa information at all. Just basically a simple please pay us the fee soon message. smile.png

3) In the Welcome Letter which you receive after you've paid the fee it says:

Visa

- A renewable 5 years multiple entry visa with one-year-stamp at each arrival

- Stay as long as you like with 1-year-extendable - length of stay

- Extension fee of Baht 1,900.00 paid to Immigration Bureau (The fee is directly charged by Thai Immigration Bureau.)

Government Concierge

- Elite Personal Liaison (EPL) to assist when dealing with any public agencies or private organizations such as Immigration service, Drivers license and opening bank account

- Our EPL Service on a complimentary basis only for the first time. The 2nd time onwards, the rates are available upon request. This charge is subject to change without notice

So it's only free one time. Not once per year but just once per member.

After that they charge for it. I'm guessing they're hoping people will find that useful and give Thailand Elite some additional revenue to help with their staff costs. Better have an employee go with a member to a bank and charge for it if they have nothing better to do.

But that service has nothing to do with the visa. That's just an additional service they provide for an additional fee for those who feel they need assistance.

4) From the official Thailand Elite website:

"This Privilege Entry Visa is a multiple entry visa which is valid for five years - and is renewable as long as the Membership is valid. The Members are also granted an exclusive extension for each stay from regular 90 days to 1 year without the usual need to cross the border. In other words, the usual visa run that needs to be done every 90 days is extended to 1 year - exclusively for this Thailand Elites Privilege Entry Visa."

I like the fact that the word "visa run" is actually in their promotional text. smile.png Anyway based on that alone I would guess it is necessary to leave once per year.

Further it says "Thailand Elite also provides the Members the unlimited Elite Personal Liaison to present to Thai Immigration Bureau Chaengwattana, Bangkok in place of the Members as in the 90-day obligation issued by Thai Immigration Bureau without additional charge*."

Which I take as meaning that if you are residing in Bangkok then Thailand Elite will go on your behalf for free to process the 90-day extension of stay.

And finally it says "The Members can also complete the Privilege Entry Visa renewal at Immigration Bureau Offices at Suvarnabhumi International airport upon arrival, or Chaengwattana-Bangkok and 90-day presence by themselves at any available Thai Immigration Bureau offices throughout Thailand."

But so anyway I've as I said e-mailed them and asked to clarify everything and will post here when they've replied.

Well that's all very nice but is just a bastardized English translation of the original Thai so unless you can read Thai, one really has no idea what they are trying to say or what one gets with this program. The only reliable information would be from someone who has the visa and has used it long enough to have gone through the 90-day reporting (or is it extension) procedure and the annual renewal process.

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

Why do you think it's "Special Entry"? It could just as easily be "single entry."

It sounds to me it's just a single entry non-imm "O" visa that's extendable for one year (for a fee) and renewable for 5 times. Also, I would assume you probably have to pay for reentry permits if one goes in/out of Thailand, and if one forgot to get one, poof...there goes your visa and 500k!

You are joking or?? "If not buying a a re-entry permit--poof there goes your visa and 500k" you can't belive that? His visa even say M multiple entry

It's definitely not a joke...happens all the time with people with single-entry visas who get annual extensions based on WPs and retirement, who then travel and forget to get a reentry permit. They come back in and at the airport get a 30-day entry if they qualify or have to apply for visa on arrivals as their visa was rendered cancelled when they left w/o the reentry permit. If they want, they can start the process all over again and of course, pay again.

As I said previously I e-mailed Thailand Elite to ask exactly how the visa works in regards to length of stay, extensions etc. I was expecting them to answer by Monday but apparently they work 7 days a week so I already have their reply.

The sum of It is as follows:

1) Member gets a 5 year visa and per each entry into Thailand they can stay for 1 year.

2) After 1 year if they want to continue to stay in Thailand they have to go immigration office to do another 1 year stay extension so in the period of 5 years visa they can stay in Thailand without leaving the country but have to do 1 year extension in every year.

3) The cost of each annual extension is THB 1900.

4) Every 90 days the member has to make a report. But if the member has residence in Bangkok they can send the document and passport to Thailand Elite, and they will go and do the report and then send it back to the member within 4 working days.

5) There is NO fee for the 90 day reporting.

I hope this clears everything up.

So as I suspected, it's basically just a 1 year non-immigrant "O" visa with lipstick on it! Any non-immigrant visa can be renewed annually if one qualifies and if one has a WP or retirement extension, no 90-day exits either. Also, maybe as a service for Bangkok based members, if Thai Elite process the 90-day reports at Chang Wattana, they pay for the B1900, but I suspect for any nonBKK based members who do their own reporting! they have to pay it themselves.

That's the sweet thing with these as potentially saves all the nonsence & gives anyone with the financial ability an easy way of residing in the country. When you add up costs of visas options for those not employed here, not married, not over 50 years old etc & putting a personal value on time & hassle the extra cost is not a lot for 5 years of no hassle.

obviously things could change within the 5yrs but things change all the time in the thai world of visas so not a big deal really.

It's not really no hassles as you have all the hassles as anyone else staying long-term...i.e., 90-day reporting and annual renewals. And you are paying upfront for 5 years worth of annual visa runs if you' re under 50 (and not seeing any interesting places or eating some home-country comfort food) so maybe a fit for some people but no great bargain in any sense.

Its a 5 Year Visa.

It's definitely not a joke...happens all the time with people with single-entry visas who get annual extensions based on WPs and retirement, who then travel and forget to get a reentry permit. They come back in and at the airport get a 30-day entry if they qualify or have to apply for visa on arrivals as their visa was rendered cancelled when they left w/o the reentry permit. If they want, they can start the process all over again and of course, pay again.

His visa say Multiple entries.

• Like 1

Its a 5 Year Visa.

How can it be single entry? When it say Multiple entry!!!!!

Its a 5 Year Visa.

His visa say Multiple entries.

Ok that's good. Then no worries about reentry permits for the 5 years :)

As I said previously I e-mailed Thailand Elite to ask exactly how the visa works in regards to length of stay, extensions etc. I was expecting them to answer by Monday but apparently they work 7 days a week so I already have their reply.

1) Member gets a 5 year visa and per each entry into Thailand they can stay for 1 year.

2) After 1 year if they want to continue to stay in Thailand they have to go immigration office to do another 1 year stay extension so in the period of 5 years visa they can stay in Thailand without leaving the country but have to do 1 year extension in every year.

4) Every 90 days the member has to make a report. But if the member has residence in Bangkok they can send the document and passport to Thailand Elite, and they will go and do the report and then send it back to the member within 4 working days.

So as I suspected, it's basically just a 1 year non-immigrant "O" visa with lipstick on it! Any non-immigrant visa can be renewed annually if one qualifies and if one has a WP or retirement extension, no 90-day exits either. Also, maybe as a service for Bangkok based members, if Thai Elite process the 90-day reports at Chang Wattana, they pay for the B1900, but I suspect for any nonBKK based members who do their own reporting! they have to pay it themselves.

It is multiple entry visa valid for 5 years that gives a one year permit stay for each entry Look at and read post #380.

Nobody pays 1900 baht for 90 day reports.

• Like 1

His visa say 5 year and multiple entry. And his stamp show 1 years stay in Thailand. Click on Joes link

Got it. So basically it's the same as the retirement extension on a single entry non-imm "O" visa my friend got last week (and which I'll get in 6 months) for B1900. All is clear now...I now have found at least one benefit of getting older.

What happens if at some time one wants to convert this PE (Privileged Entry ?) to a non-imm B in order to be able to get a work permit ? Will it be voided ?

I am not sure anybody on this forum can answer your question. Only immigration or the possibly the Thai elite office can answer it.

I think most people that get the PE visa would not want to work while they are here.

What happens if at some time one wants to convert this PE (Privileged Entry ?) to a non-imm B in order to be able to get a work permit ? Will it be voided ?

I am not sure anybody on this forum can answer your question. Only immigration or the possibly the Thai elite office can answer it.

I think most people that get the PE visa would not want to work while they are here.

Surely, you can only have one type of visa at a time, so you'd lose the PE visa if you converted to non-imm B.

Given that one doesn't have to have a non-imm B visa to work, perhaps the question should be whether one can get a work permit with a PE visa. (I don't know the answer to that. I'm sure others will.)

His visa say 5 year and multiple entry. And his stamp show 1 years stay in Thailand. Click on Joes link

Got it. So basically it's the same as the retirement extension on a single entry non-imm "O" visa my friend got last week (and which I'll get in 6 months) for B1900. All is clear now...I now have found at least one benefit of getting older.

I would not say they are basically the same. This is a 5 year visa. Extension of stay is 1 year. And there are a lot of other different things also.

I can't see anybody buying such an expensive visa without planning a few years ahead. Edited by larsjohnsson

I would not say they are basically the same. This is a 5 year visa. Extension of stay is 1 year. And there are a lot of other different things also.

There is no extension of stay. It is, as you said, a visa valid for multiple, ie an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within five years from its date of issue. On each entry, you receive a new permission to stay for one year.

Privilege%20Entry%20visa%20PE%20Bangkok%

Arrival%20stamp%20Privilege%20Entry%20PE

I know there is no extension of stay smile.png The quote and poster that I replied to compared it with extension of stay based on retirement. That's why I pointed ot that this visa is 5 year and extension of stay is 1 year smile.png
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

no,unless things have changed it wont. You cant convert it but you dont need to cancel it. i am a member of the original scheme and ended up moving here to live and work. I have had both a non imm b and also an elite visa ,both current, in the same passport at the same time. i checked with Thailand Elite at the time and was told there was no issue but just to remember to ensure that i entered on the correct visa.

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

Given that one doesn't have to have a non-imm B visa to work, perhaps the question should be whether one can get a work permit with a PE visa. (I don't know the answer to that. I'm sure others will.)

It was previously in this thread, no work permit possible. Info was from Thailand Elite itself.

no,unless things have changed it wont. You cant convert it but you dont need to cancel it. i am a member of the original scheme and ended up moving here to live and work. I have had both a non imm b and also an elite visa ,both current, in the same passport at the same time. i checked with Thailand Elite at the time and was told there was no issue but just to remember to ensure that i entered on the correct visa.

Ok. Didn't know it's possible to have two valid visas at the same time.

Another question, is an extension of stay while residing in Thailand, ie. no visa runs, available and if so, is the only requirement a paid up membership ?

And .. in practice it's a six year long permission to stay, isn't it ? Just enter right before the visa goes old for the last 1y stamp.

It was previously in this thread, no work permit possible. Info was from Thailand Elite itself.

Thailand Elite say they can help you to get a work permit with this membership. I'm not sure how it works but it's a service they offer via the 'concierge service' which comes with the membership.

Maybe another visa is issued, maybe it's just a work permit. I'm not sure.

From one of the Thailand Elite PDF files - attached :

Government Concierges - Business networking, immigration service, facilitation and assistance in the processing of a driver’s license and work permit

downloadable_form_file11.pdf

• Like 2

Besides the bells and whistles like massages and airport transfers, its S pretty much the same IMO. Non-Imm visas for the employed or retired are basically 5 year or 10 or whatever as long as one qualifies. Even with thus "5 year visa." One still has to do 90-day reports and annual renewals just like the hoi polloi. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

There is no extension of stay. It is, as you said, a visa valid for multiple, ie an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within five years from its date of issue. On each entry, you receive a new permission to stay for one year.

And I take it the old visa-stretch is applicable making it good for a stay up to 6 years.

I know there is no extension of stay smile.png The quote and poster that I replied to compared it with extension of stay based on retirement. That's why I pointed ot that this visa is 5 year and extension of stay is 1 year smile.png

And I assume if one wanted to, the further annual extensions could be done in Thailand like annual retirement extensions; or does one have to actually exit and enter again to get another year?

I guess for single non-working under 45 year olds wanting to make multiple trips to Thailand with minimal visa formalities or reside in-country for up to a year at a time for up to 6 years, this would be a legal option.

1. It's NOT basically just a 1 year non O visa

2. You can NOT renew your non O visa

3 You DON'T pay 1900 when doing the 90 day report