Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

ultimate weapon

It's mostly some thai girls usually poor most likely to be a bar girl. She hooks up with some farang and instantly she's like a celebrity. It's also on a racial basis because not only is she better than other thais she's also higher up compared to other asians like japanese for example.

Honestly speaking this is quite a common and misguided way some of them see it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

That's not true.

Didn't miss thailand marry the big brother entrepreneur ?

There are many mixed relationship s that were formed in other places than bars.

Suggest you do a bit more research

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Despite the posts above, I'm inclined to agree with this post. Sure, there are notable exceptions but they're Few and far between.

• Like 1

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

• Like 1

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

That's not true.

Didn't miss thailand marry the big brother entrepreneur ?

There are many mixed relationship s that were formed in other places than bars.

Suggest you do a bit more research

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Watch

MY MAN CAN

Quite a FEW mixed marriages, they all look happy and mingle well together. I think he is from Bangkok, not Barcelona

Not to mention more than a couple of female members of the Royal Family.

Perhaps Thongkorn's information and research only extends as far as TV Forums.

• Like 1

I suggest you do further research on that. It was not exactly welcomed - to be subtle about it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I suggest you do further research on that. It was not exactly welcomed - to be subtle about it.

Ubolratana Rajakanya (eldest daughter married and american but split in '98)

We should ask us the question how it comes that Thai woman think only farang has endless money..

Is it the international media that reflects a wrong picture of our society

Or the 3 weeks tourists withdrawal 20000 k each day?

I talk with my wife about this, she told me that only that Thais traveling to Europe understand , how expensive it is there, and that farang also poor

But mama papa waiting in Thailand waiting for the money from married daughter in Europe , even also not understand why she cannot send more money every month !

You can tell 10 times peng mag ma Europe the aswer is always same you rich you have Falang where the money..!

• Like 1

err...try again....maybe with the sorts of farangs YOU choose to associate with!

• Like 2

Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

That upgrade happens only if said farang allows her to buy a huge dog, which then drags her around the moo ban twice daily.

• Like 2

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

Indeed, I've seen it a few times with the air hostess and farang wife. I know some who refuse to fly Thai.

Nouveau riche are a pain in the **** often. In this country the Chinese/Thais excel in this area and as you say there is an upper classs that still don't accept them.

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

Indeed, I've seen it a few times with the air hostess and farang wife. I know some who refuse to fly Thai.

Nouveau riche are a pain in the **** often. In this country the Chinese/Thais excel in this area and as you say there is an upper classs that still don't accept them.

And I'm not sure why anyone should accept anyone else who behaves poorly...

Thus the newly elevated bar girl sometimes behaves poorly and is looked upon with disdain. That said, I'm sure anyone who is quiet and polite on a flight will be treated well. I have witnessed how some with a clipped tone and gruff voice demand something and get treated negatively in response.

I suspect a hard life of dealing with the many pitfalls certain professions have to deal with ultimately removes the charm and shine from their damaged lives and as a consequence a certain demeanour is lost to a notable hardness.... When this hardness is accompanied with a new sense of entitlement (perceived increase social status) then posts such as this are bound to arise... As they say... You can take the Girl out of the Bar, but......

Now equally so, I'm sure there are some stuck up little princesses around who I'm sure find it difficult to serve a bar girl or someone else they feel is below their station.

I suspect both negatives a present in equal measure and it amounts to the fact that certain people are simply damaged - there is however, a greater risk of damage and accompanied baggage with one of the demographics I described above, one who's self perceived social status may increase when she hooks up with anyone of greater financial means, in this case the Foreigner.

• Like 2