Gift Suggestions Please. ( New Thai Canadian)

poweratradio

Hello all. After completing the required residency of 3 yrs in 4 equal to 1095 days. My Thai wife has been invited by the Canadian Government to write the citizenship test on 03 June. My wife asked me if I was going to buy her a gift when she becomes a Canadian. I joked that a Canadian passport and a Maple leaf flag would be her gifts. (Bad Idea) She in turn held up her diamond engagement ring and said, "I want a new ring with a larger diamond". She is well aware that our guarantee from Ben Moss jewelers here gives us full purchase price cash value for a trade up.

Anyone else know of a proper occurrence gift for the occasion??

Edited by poweratradio

• 3 weeks later...

"full purchase price cash value for a trade up." I do the same with every box of sand I sell. Why not.

hint: Gold Maple Leaf Coins

That's a nice idea although I don't know how "shiny" Maple Leaf coins are. As for rings and necklaces, Thai's won't like the 18 karat max found in Canada. Remember Thais like shiny gold and that means 23-24k only found in Asia.

• 2 months later...

please someone telling, this is a joke, troll-posting etc!

it is so unreal!

I assume this bloke did pay such a lot of money (beside all the work) in the last years to get his Thai princess to marry him and to get her to live in Canada.

I understand, this (becoming Canadian citizenship) is a big step for your wife.

So a small gift would be a nice gesture (maybe inviting her to a meal).

I guess, this little princess (after 4 years) knows this poor bloke inside out-

proposing this obscene gift!

I would answer my wife, ok, can do it, but only after divorcing before!

(I mean it!)

Are you really thinking, that acting like this will earn you respect from your wife?

Maybe, a diamond ring means just peanuts for you. So give her peanuts.

But WHY are you making this a topic in an open forum like this???

Why do you need to tell us, this?

Do we really need to know, that you have"guarantee from Ben Moss jewelers"

Troll,? is "he" that small? No one else (in your real life, assuming there is one)), who wants to hear your silly stories about your tillac? No friend, you could ask this very serious question?

Why not ask the next homeless one you will meet ? If you will give him one dollar, he might give you an reasonable answer ....

I am afraid, the moderators will delete this...

Everyone needs to do what he feels, he has to do ....

"I want a new ring with a larger diamond".

in my eyes, asking just this question is so extreme rude!

A gift is a gift. You get or do not get something. And it is the decision of the donor! You can go to shop, and ASK for a diamond, but not for a gift.

and this "larger": it implicates, the one you gave her for the engagement was way too small. This is not just impolite, it is insulting!

(And - off-course- this little princess does not understand, that the value of a diamond not only depends on the quantity but also on the quality of a diamond!)

more more more, bigger bigger bigger ...

feed me more,more more m....

Edited by dieter1
  • Like 1

Assuming the OP is not a troll and his "wife" (more like benefactor) is demanding bigger/more diamonds then he's in deep shit.

He will already be paying a salary, building the in-laws and his wife a palace, paying her gambling depts........

I agree with Alex, no way I would sponsor someone if they were not prepared to contribute to the household. When my wife came to Australia she immediately got a job, it's a 50/50 relationship. Next year is our 10th anniversary. Good luck OP, you're going to need it.