Pragmatic solutions in uncertain times.

I am one of these independently weathly under 50 individuals and I am currently on a tourist visa.

There was a flood of posting on the crackdown over the last week, however I deliberately avoided wasting any energy adding to the often erroneous and misinformed debate.

Instead, I focused upon implementing pragmatic solutions to manage the risks that are now attached to the tourist visa. I became independantly wealthy by doing just that- focusing on solutions, not the problem.

The problem, or primary risk, as I now see it, is that one can be blocked from entering Thailand merely because an immigration officer "suspects" you have been working. So regardless of the fact that I do not work here, nor do anything untoward, access to my two properties, bank accounts, investments, and personal possessions may all be lost because some officer on a border somewhere, or at an airport, "suspects" that I am working.

And so on to the point of this thread. Rather wasting our energy going round and round discussing the crackdown, let us instead focus on listing some practical solutions.

Here are some of mine:

• I have over the last week transferred several million baht out of my Thai bank accounts.
  • I have puchased 2KUSD worth of American express travelers cheques. There is no way I am showing any immigration officer 20KTHB in CASH. He can view and play with my travelers cheques as much as he wants.
  • I have made copies of the leases on both of my properties. I will be taking them with me next time I do a visa run. But...I am unsure whether showing that I have two properties wins any points with immigration? Or will it spur them to make accusations of running a business, which I am not? A good topic for debate in itself because lots of my oil and gas friends also have high value properties here and some of them have been using visa exemptions for over a decade.
  • I will be also be taking (some) of my Thai bank books with me next time I do a visa run.

So what pratical solutions will you use to manage the risk that flows from the tourist visa crack down the fact that an officer can now deport you and blacklist you on nothing more than his suspicion that you are working?

How did you transfer several million baht out of the country? What reason did you give?

he could say he overestimated the costs of his holiday in thailand because the rolex watches on bangla road are much cheaper than the shop he normally buys from on new bond street

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't long ago this "fatandstupid" character was posting about wanting information on cheapest transportation getting around Bangkok and today he's wealthy rather he's independently wealthy.

Funny. This fatandstupid character is seriously delusional. He's not the first disgruntled farang to claim to have millions that he's taking to a more "farang-friendly country." As if Thailand is going to get on its knees to kiss his fat ass and beg him to stay. There are so many holes in his story that even the most novice conman would shake his head.

• Like 1

I will move on to either Cambodia or Indonesia. As I posted in another thread, they have just introduced a 25 year visa for anyone who marries an Indonesian citizen. Those married to a Thai can only dream of such a luxury.

Why wait for the Christmas rush? Do it now. Go to Cambodia or Indonesia. I doubt anyone in Thailand will shed a tear. Just do it.

And you just love sticking it up to those that are 100% playing by the law yet the only way they can still live here is via tourist visa, as they have built up a life here, friends, relationships etc... as is probably one example like the OP's and we get jerks like you with your cocky smug attitude trying to kick the dog when its down.

All I say to ***** like you is "karma"!!!

I will move on to either Cambodia or Indonesia. As I posted in another thread, they have just introduced a 25 year visa for anyone who marries an Indonesian citizen. Those married to a Thai can only dream of such a luxury.

Why wait for the Christmas rush? Do it now. Go to Cambodia or Indonesia. I doubt anyone in Thailand will shed a tear. Just do it.

And you just love sticking it up to those that are 100% playing by the law yet the only way they can still live here is via tourist visa, as they have built up a life here, friends, relationships etc... as is probably one example like the OP's and we get jerks like you with your cocky smug attitude trying to kick the dog when its down.

Who the heck are you, his lover? I wasn't even talking to you numbnuts. Next time you come at me, make sure to bring some IQ. Now how about you crawl back under your rock...or bridge...or whatever.

Who the heck are you, his lover? I wasn't even talking to you numbnuts. Next time you come at me, make sure to bring some IQ. Now how about you crawl back under your rock...or bridge...or whatever.

Neither was he talking to you, but you didn't mind playing the hero bit did you??

What bridge rickp ?? The one you vacated temporarily???

Edited by Straight8

A tourist visa is just that a tourist visa,not a visa to live long term in Thailand,and because the op did not have a visa to live long term ,this is why he is in this mess,there are other options he could have taken which have been laid out in this thread,so straight 8, i think you are missing the point a bit.

• Like 1