night time curfew throughout Thailand from 10 PM until 5 AM

Asiantravel

There is now a night time curfew throughout Thailand from 10 PM until 5 AM under the coup which happened at this afternoon.

Are there any military personnel on the streets in Pattaya to actually enforce this? How strictly will this be enforced in Pattaya?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some military guy is talking on all the national tv stations now, he looks a bit upset , not sure what he wants

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai army spokesman says that people heading to the airport to leave Thailand can do so at any time day & night.

Source: Richard Barrow Twitter feed. I claim no responsibility for accuracy.

And I'd suggest you actually have a plane ticket and passport...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Lock yourself in the nearest bar now.

A great idea for an industrious bar owner. Fill the bar with mattresses (or at least 3/4 of it), and invite the male customers and girls from the other bars in the area to come in by 9:50, as the doors will,be closed at 10:00. Call it the "Curfew Club" or "Military Madness". Girls that work in the bar would wear helmets and army shirts open to the navel. Drinks for girls from other bars could be half price. Drinks for men could be sold at a premium. I am guessing that for the first few weeks (or as long as the curfew lasts if less) the place would be SRO (or LRO). Martial law and now a coup has some real tourist potential!

Edited by Thailaw
  • Like 1

Well now True Vision TV have been shut down, all the English channels have a a fixed picture saying in English and Thai: National peace and order Maintenance Counsel, and playing odd Thai music.

Time to hit the bar?? Nah I think I stay home, internet still working (fingers crossed).

Well at least my Kindle reader will work no matter what.

Thai channels too, wife just checked.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Well now True Vision TV have been shut down, all the English channels have a a fixed picture saying in English and Thai: National peace and order Maintenance Counsel, and playing odd Thai music.

Time to hit the bar?? Nah I think I stay home, internet still working (fingers crossed).

Well at least my Kindle reader will work no matter what.

Thai channels too, wife just checked.

ah, that explains why in Bangkok people are are saying BBC has been taken off the air. I've still got it on Sopon so do we expect this to be cut off in due course?sad.png

Going to be interesting in Pats about 10pm.... Anyone going to venture out so as to provide a report to the rest of us? Was there a curfew here in Pats the last time after they cleared the red shirt protestors in front of Central World Bkk? I was living in Bkk at that time and it was serious business... The police pretty much took over the streets at 10pm.... All the 7's closed... The first couple of days was kind of cool like being put on restriction like a teenager again... But after that it pretty much sucked! It went on for three weeks or more.. I can't imagine it lasting more then a day or so here in Pats..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to be interesting in Pats about 10pm.... Anyone going to venture out so as to provide a report to the rest of us? Was there a curfew here in Pats the last time after they cleared the red shirt protestors in front of Central World Bkk? I was living in Bkk at that time and it was serious business... The police pretty much took over the streets at 10pm.... All the 7's closed... The first couple of days was kind of cool like being put on restriction like a teenager again... But after that it pretty much sucked! It went on for three weeks or more.. I can't imagine it lasting more then a day or so here in Pats..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see them having one standard for pattaya and another for the rest of the country?blink.png

It will remain in force until the army are convinced that they are not going to need to fight rebel redshirts

Best advice have a early night for a couple of days and see what happens...

There is a big risk of things kicking off virtually anywhere in Thailand and do not forget Pattaya has a lot of reds around.

I do not think anyone wants to be the first to find out how they will be enforcing the curfew.

• Like 1

Best advice have a early night for a couple of days and see what happens...

There is a big risk of things kicking off virtually anywhere in Thailand and do not forget Pattaya has a lot of reds around.

I do not think anyone wants to be the first to find out how they will be enforcing the curfew.

+1

If you get caught out just pretend you don't know anything about any curfew and they will most likely tell you to go home but I can't recommend you stay out after 10PM tonight.

The Navy have a huge base south of Pattaya in Sattahib and they might be on the way now, who knows.

Driving to airport after 10pm allowed?

Yes, have your tickets with you to present if stopped

I am back in2 days the wife and I have to drive to pats after 10pm ,so I hope they ask for my tickEt before they shoot

They really do know how to <deleted> up thier tourist industry

I would say tourists are not a big concern for them right now. I know we like to feel important, but there are more important matters for them to concern themselves with - like putting a working government in place.

But really, I didn't see much damage to the tourist industry after the 2006 coup, long airport closure and several riots in Bangkok. It will survive this unscathed. They always seem to return in bigger numbers after every "calamity".

Shutting tousist venues is no big deal, unless your a tourist. You have just spent Hundreds if not thousands on your holiday and you dont expect to end up in a country with either martial law or a military coup. So you go home and tell your friends dont bother to go to that ****ed up place. Its a waste of money.
  • Like 1