New darkside French Bistro

prk888

Opened yesterday in Soi 89. Going south on Suk Soi 89 is 400m on left (darkside) past Makro. Bistro is about 300m over railway line on the right. Last night i tried excellent home made rough pate (2 portions !) and home made individual quiche Lorraine. Other basic french dishes looked good. My wife said the thai food was very tasty. Prices very reasonable

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's Belgian, not French. The name is Aroi. The owner is a very friendly host. On the weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) they have NZ mussels, a huge bowl, wonderfully prepared. They have a daily special which is always a good deal; and, as the OP noted, the prices are very reasonable. Also nice selection of desserts, mostly home made, plus Ete ice cream, if you're so inclined.

There's also a fairly large selection of very good Belgian beers. Those, however, are expensive, due to the import taxes. There are options for the usual less expensive beers, as well; and a full bar of wines and liquors.

The place is very large, and very clean, with air con. There's a large outdoor area, as well, which I think they use for occasional BBQ events. Also a pool table inside. Covered (awning) parking for several cars directly across the street.

Overall, while a bit remote, it's one of the nicest places around, IMO.

Why are you saying that it opened yesterday when it has been open for a long time? and as pointed out it's Belgium not French.

There are some odd people on here.

It is not Aroi. As you say that one has been open a long time. There is a new one that I also noticed yesterday for the first time on the same side and between Aroi and Sukhumvit.

There really ARE some odd people on here.

Immediate, almost instantaneous, contradiction to even the mildest of revelations is their specialty.

So we still don't know if there is a new French restaurant or not cuz the "I am so much better informed than the OP who was there last night is" crowd won't shut up.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

for the 2 'pat' posters above the name is Bistro 89

888 - Let me apologise, in future I won't take another post too literally, although I must admit I did also think that you was talking about Airo or whatever it's called.

I might give this a try.

Do let us know if you also enjoyed the country pate and home made bread Great snack with 2 slabs at B90.

Nice to see a review quoting a real price and giving a proper indication of what you actually get for it.

Do let us know if you also enjoyed the country pate and home made bread Great snack with 2 slabs at B90.

Nice to see a review quoting a real price and giving a proper indication of what you actually get for it.

Agreed. Just a shame it took 7 posts before we got the bloody name right.

Can anyone give me google map coordinates for this location , thanks.

No need, mate; just drive South on the mighty Sukhumvit Road (towards Satahip) and after you pass Theprasit Road junction, simply keep going, until you pass the Greenway Golf Range; slow right down and turn left (viz. into Soi 89) just before the 7/11 store. Then it's over the Rail-Road crossing and a further 500 meters and you will see this new place on your Left.

I just live around the corner there and I will give this place a try soon.

coffee1.gif

.... home made sounds so much better than made in a restaurant kitchen.

That's why restaurants use the term. smile.png

In fact anything made in a restaurant's kitchen can be called home-made. It's the things that are bought in (as frozen prepared dishes or vacuum-packed prepared dishes or even freshly prepared dishes) that cant be called home-made.

I have just spent 20 minutes trawling through this lot thinking it was in Bangkok but seems its in Pattaya.

For you erudite posters please how do I know if its Pattaya forum or Bkk forum

Cheers from computer illiterate member.

I have just spent 20 minutes trawling through this lot thinking it was in Bangkok but seems its in Pattaya.

There are many ways but you can scroll to the bottom of the page and look at

the right-hand corner. It will say "back to Pattaya forum" if it is the Pattaya forum.

Go to the top left of the page:

post-22250-0-38329500-1401504137_thumb.j

Thanks for the post prk888 - will definitely be on our list.

'our list'?

You speak for more than one person?

Come on Pat, just because you live all alone...

(and you call some people odd?)

Edited by NanLaew

'our list'?

I really wished I did live alone, trust me. Fancy a 5 and a 2 year old?

And why would living alone be odd anyway?

'our list'?

I really wished I did live alone, trust me. Fancy a 5 and a 2 year old?

And why would living alone be odd anyway?

Oooh, I feel you pain Pat, I have a 6 y-o tearaway myself.

Off to check the brunch/lunch options at the subject matter.

Here's a hint:

post-145917-0-98638000-1401514368_thumb.