Phuket beach clubs told, knock down illegal structures

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mr Ma-ann – who confessed to The Phuket News in January that sorting out the mess on Surin Beach, including restaurants and clubs allegedly encroaching on public land was “impossible”."

"V/Gov Jamroen pushed me to follow the building control laws.”

Pathetic.

How about pushing this guy out the door.

And not to an "inactive" post...

• Like 1

“OMG“, not the Catch Beach Club ! It has been a fine well managed institution and many locals and VIP’s will be sad to see that one go. But unfortunately, many tried to copy their concept and ever since other exotic beach locations have been encroached by scum-bag operators, as a result, trying to cash in on the action.

In the end, this will have dire consequences for those of an unnamed culture who rely on pillow-money as their main source of income.unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

Edited by MK1

Yeah, that Nikki one REALLY looks out of place in that National Park.

That one is the straw that broke the camel's back IMO.

The land that Nikki and the thai restaurant beside it are on is on a chanote owned by a Bangkok family. The national park starts on the other side. Historically the land was for sale a a huge price and I think Nikki leased half of it.

• Like 1

The land that Nikki and the thai restaurant beside it are on is on a chanote owned by a Bangkok family. The national park starts on the other side. Historically the land was for sale a a huge price and I think Nikki leased half of it.

Interesting, it makes you wonder how they got away with sign off of their Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) before obtaining a building permit…For example, perhaps the words ‘noise-pollution’ were not mentioned in their application.

Edited by MK1

I saw this self entitlement mentality in America when i was a kid, by the time i was a teen, it was eliminated, except in the government.

And the same has been happening on Queensland's Surfers Paradise, where beachfront owners have become greedy and building little fences closer and closer to the water and so claiming the land. However the council told them that they could'nt get away with that and ripped out all these fences. thumbsup.gif

Phuket Gazette,12-06-2014:09:45 -Woranut Pechdee

Officials clear vendors from four Phuket beaches

Phuket -Officials yesterday gave vendors at four popular tourist beaches in Cherng Talay just seven days to vacate their plots or face forced eviction and legal action. See story at:http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Officials-clear-vendors-four-Phuket-beaches/30801#ad-image-4

1_20146129395762_MDXNpKoomsTMtZuKLSriuJY

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

Agree the land is legal as is the location. It's the building's heighth that isn't- and the disrespect for the sanctuary of the immediate neighboring marine park with the loud music isn't gaining them sympathy.

Phuket News, Thursday 12 June 2014, 05:05PM-Anthika Muangrod

Phuket beach encroachers 'could face money laundering probes'

PHUKET: Vice-Governor Jamroen Thippayapongtada said today that “more than a hundred businesses” on Kamala, Bang Tao, Surin and Layan Beaches are illegal and must be knocked down.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-encroachers-could-face-money-laundering-probes-46825.php?news-alert=1#sthash.h71IVED4.dpuf

• Like 1

"Mr Ma-ann – who confessed to The Phuket News in January that sorting out the mess on Surin Beach, including restaurants and clubs allegedly encroaching on public land was “impossible”."

"V/Gov Jamroen pushed me to follow the building control laws.”

Pathetic.

How about pushing this guy out the door.

And not to an "inactive" post...

As all this encroachment happened on his watch, how 'bout checking his bank accounts for " unusual wealth..." I've met this guy twice and both times he acted reprehensibly- once telling me the property I'm on cannot be hooked up to a new water line going through past the property as " you just rent..", and telling me neighbors had lodged a complaint when none had.

I hope he gets what he deserves, and no kissing beforehand.

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 1

Is there any sign of any of these more substantial buildings on the beach actually being removed. Take Bangtao - it's taken them 20 years to finally finish building the Lotus Restaurant - is it really going?

I am not in HKT at the moment, so any advice and photos gratefully received.

Yesterday afternoon went down to Kamala an than over to Surin.

A few ( in the minority) are taking down their structures, even in Surin, taking up their bricks, but the majority are trying to do business as usual

There is BIG money invested in some of these an i am sure they have not yet recouped their investment.

I wonder about the one at the end of Surin beach, no doubt illegal but...

Seems they have also removed the carts/ make shift food stalls from the Surin parking lot!!

It will look great, like it did years ago...