England Vs Sweden

mrbojangles

Why is everyone so upset at being called a muppet? I like the Muppets

Because when someone calls you a muppet they are actually saying you're stupid or a bit of a sheep (ie - follow others blatantly) as opposed to one of Henson's cuddly creations. Saying that, it's more light hearted than, say, being called a c**t! :o

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because when someone calls you a muppet they are actually saying you're stupid or a bit of a sheep (ie - follow others blatantly) as opposed to one of Henson's cuddly creations. Saying that, it's more light hearted than, say, being called a c**t! :o

:D I kinda knew that - have enough Brit acquaintances to have been called the a few times . . ., but thank you for taking me seriously and explaining it in case I didn't know what it meant. :D

Not really sure what your point was, out of interest, which 16 were you thinking of when you made the post anyway?

I was merely expressing the view that given how hard it was for England to get the draw ( not that they had to ) I felt that any team that made it to the last 16 was in it with an honest chance of winning the whole thing. Do u think Brazil vs Ghana is a foregone conclusion? For me tha dark horses are Spain.

It is very open...thats all I'm saying. :o

One-eyed John makes the point that everything is an average. Sure, Brazil will usually beat Ghana. England would normally beat Ecuador. Germany hasn't lost to sweden since 1978, so it usually them.

But averages are made up of spikes and troughs - Ghana could provide the spike in statistics by whoopin' some Brazil arse . . . why not?!

I think pretty much every team here has beaten the others on at last one occasion.

:D I kinda knew that - have enough Brit acquaintances to have been called the a few times . . ., but thank you for taking me seriously and explaining it in case I didn't know what it meant. :D

My humble apologies if I came across as patronising, Sing Sling; I just assumed that somebody with a two-legged horse was perhaps a couple of satang short of a baht. :D:D:D

Edited by jackr

duplicate

Edited by jackr

duplicate

:D I may have a two-legged horse, but you have a case of the double posts . . . :D

No, mate - no worries, didn't take offense at all.

Not really sure what your point was, out of interest, which 16 were you thinking of when you made the post anyway?

I was merely expressing the view that given how hard it was for England to get the draw ( not that they had to ) I felt that any team that made it to the last 16 was in it with an honest chance of winning the whole thing. Do u think Brazil vs Ghana is a foregone conclusion? For me tha dark horses are Spain.

It is very open...thats all I'm saying. :o

Ok, I get your point now, and of course Ghana could always get a fluke win against Brazil, but they would still need another 3 upsets to win the cup, then the odds start becoming too high to consider them as having a realistic chance of winning the cup IMO. My six were teams I think have a realistic chance of winning the cup, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I think you could add Holland to that list, and I'll throw in Portugal as a dark horse too.

Spain, yeah, I think they have a very good chance this year. I'd put them as European favourites, although the bookies don't. They're due to meet Brazil in the Quarters, should be the game to watch in that round. Then a massive Semi-Final match with England if we can get past Ecuador and Holland/Portugal.

Edited by konangrit

duplicate

:D I may have a two-legged horse, but you have a case of the double posts . . . :D

How do you think I managed over 2,000 posts in 2 years? :D:D

I tell ya, after watching so much football these last 2 weeks I feel like a fookin moopet....

Where's the beer :o

P.S. C'mon Engerlund

Btw, say Ghana get lucky against Brazil, then the biggest obstacle to winning is gone, so who can say wot could happen after that, it's highly unlikely granted, but I wouldn't bet my house ( errr the wife's) against it.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Btw, say Ghana get lucky against Brazil, then the biggest obstacle to winning is gone, so who can say wot could happen after that, it's highly unlikely granted, but I wouldn't bet my house ( errr the wife's) against it.

Ghana may well do a shock n awe over the Sambas, but it seems the biggest obstacle for us to win is us at the mo. :D :D don't tell Lampard I said that. :o

Ghana may well do a shock n awe over the Sambas, but it seems the biggest obstacle for us to win is us at the mo. :D :D don't tell Lampard I said that. :o

Shocking, jack! remember:

15gpnhu.jpg

Ain't it great the way we can bring any discussion around to include En£££nD :D

Personally I think the Swiss are on a ROLL :D

I'm scared to talk about ENG££ND as we're likely to get a bollucking from No 10 :o

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Ain't it great the way we can bring any discussion around to include En£££nD :D

Personally I think the Swiss are on a ROLL :D

I'm scared to talk about ENG££ND as we're likely to get a bollucking from No 10 :o

Wish I was as slim as that :D

dear sing sling,i have somthing against your 2 legged horse ,its bugging me,i cant stop looking at it.

hahaha, it is quite annoying, isn't it . . .

I have a better one, but that wouldn't go down here very well . . .

Press escape. :o

redrus