Outrageous behavior! Cinema Chair broke & they ask me to pay for damage

deknoiJT

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand. I just don’t know whether I should laugh or cry.

Personally I would be embarrassed to relate such a story on TV. You're a fat, gay man complaining about being treated unfairly because you broke a cinema seat and run to TV for validation. Sorry, you won't be getting it from me.

Personally Dude, I suggest you don't feel embarrassed about what other's might think of you.

I am certain that not having your validation is validation enough I am in the right coffee1.gif

Now, which of the following is it that you don't like about me?

a. That i was complaining?

b. That I am fat?

c. That I am gay?

d) That I am overweight?

e. That I am complaining about Thais pulling a BS scam on me because I am a/b/c and d?

When fatties aren't fed on time they can make quite a scene.

The bottom line of this lame thread is:

Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't whine like a spoilt child or insist that other people clean up your mess. You're responsible for what you break. Man up and pay up.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm surprised that anyone takes the OP seriously. It's far too contrived.

A gay Muslim [so what], four cinema torch bearers, a crazed banshee, a stroke of genius by the OP's partner filming the manager's minions then his selfie with the media mogul shoved in their faces and they all cower in reverence, Tom Cruise this and that.

Absolute BS. I wasn't born yesterday.

this story is an obvious troll but everyone fell for it.

I have often wondered if cynicism is brought on by age. It seems only natural that the older we get, the more negative experiences we have under our belts, the more it is that human nature will distrust. Is cynicism a choice, much like positivity is a choice? I believe it is.

Because my story is unusual should it this be disbelieved? Of course not.

Here is an unusual story, yet also true: When i was ten years olds I played Soccer. I was a big boy in height and girth back then and I played the position of goal keeper. Despite being big I was also athletic and it was a rare occasion that any balls would pass my goal posts untouched by myself.

On this day the opposing teams striker shot high and wide across my goal and I dived for the ball at full stretch, my arms stretched to their fullest. My timing was perfect but my line was off, the result was I dived headfirst into the side goal post, the force of which moved the side pole outwards and had the effect of loosening the cross bar above, which fell, landing on top of me and breaking my arm. Back in those days the structures were timber, assembled and dismantled at start and end of season, so perhaps the wood was rotten, or just not bolted in as it should have been.

The point of relating this anecdote from my youth is that such a story seems like fantasy, but that is what happens in life: unusual events. The re-telling of the unusual happenings does not make a person a troll.

Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't whine like a spoilt child or insist that other people clean up your mess. You're responsible for what you break. Man up and pay up.

But what about if, for example, the chair was broken by a really gross Dude, say 140/150 kgs before the OP got there.

... and the OP is just an innocent bystander?

I have often wondered if cynicism is brought on by age. It seems only natural that the older we get, the more negative experiences we have under our belts, the more it is that human nature will distrust. Is cynicism a choice, much like positivity is a choice? I believe it is.

Here is an unusual story, yet also true: When i was ten years olds I played Soccer. I was a big boy in height and girth back then and I played the position of goal keeper. Despite being big I was also athletic and it was a rare occasion that any balls would pass my goal posts untouched by myself.

On this day the opposing teams striker shot high and wide across my goal and I dived for the ball at full stretch, my arms stretched to their fullest. My timing was perfect but my line was off, the result was I dived headfirst into the side goal post, the force of which moved the side pole outwards and had the effect of loosening the cross bar above, which fell, landing on top of me and breaking my arm. Back in those days the structures were timber, assembled and dismantled at start and end of season, so perhaps the wood was rotten, or just not bolted in as it should have been.

The point of relating this anecdote from my youth is that such a story seems like fantasy, but that is what happens in life: unusual events. The re-telling of the unusual happenings does not make a person a troll.

'Truth is Stranger then Fiction' ... where have we heard that classic before.

Heck, the stuff I seen go on in Thailand is beyond my wildest imagination.

Unless I saw it with my own eyes ... I'd say ... BS ... get out with you ... no way!

Benefit of doubt to the OP?

For the moment ... yes.

• Like 1

Personally Dude, I suggest you don't feel embarrassed about what other's might think of you.

I am certain that not having your validation is validation enough I am in the right coffee1.gif

Now, which of the following is it that you don't like about me?

a. That i was complaining?

b. That I am fat?

c. That I am gay?

d) That I am overweight?

e. That I am complaining about Thais pulling a BS scam on me because I am a/b/c and d?

Gentlemen, I do not wish to cast aspersions on your comprehension and reading skills, but you do realise that 'b' & 'd' are the same thing? When I was told I was 'fat' I don't think the poster meant that I was a lump of congealed cooking waste.

Now, I never said it was a scam, but I did say it was outrageous and I maintain it is outrageous.

Had I been jumping up and down on the chair, dancing on the chair, standing on the chair, coupling on the chair, and the chair had broken during any one of these tasks, I would have put my hand up as being at fault and paid for the damage.

No, all I was doing was sitting down in the chair. A simple task performed billions of times across the world daily.

Let me pose you this question:

According to yourselves and others, I was too heavy for the chair. What then is the weight cut off for someone to become 'too heavy' for any given chair? Please tell me your expert opinion.

A gay Muslim [so what], four cinema torch bearers, a crazed banshee, a stroke of genius by the OP's partner filming the manager's minions then his selfie with the media mogul shoved in their faces and they all cower in reverence, Tom Cruise this and that.

What a fascinating anecdote. Your ridiculous life is worthy of a Hollywood movie directed by John Waters or Russ Meyer.

Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho would like to get in touch with you. Chelsea are looking for a new goalkeeper to "park the bus" and with your grotesque dimensions you can fill up the entire goal if you lie sideways. Like a beached whale. Guaranteed 0-0 draws at least.

Just please don't sit on the ball ... ok? Because football's a team sport.

Let me pose you this question:

According to yourselves and others, I was too heavy for the chair. What then is the weight cut off for someone to become 'too heavy' for any given chair? Please tell me your expert opinion.

The thai standard for being a fat <deleted> is if you are suffering from Dikdoo. So if you have Dikdoo the chairs were not designed with you in mind. What's Dikdoo? It's when you stomach hangs to further then your d!ck do.

If you have Dikdo you should pay for the chair.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

It was merely a factual correction of the previous comment re: "Mrs".

It is completely unnecessary as the first comment was facetious.

please withdraw these comments as they are clearly making comments on the OP's sexuality which has no relevence to the thread..

Can you give me the appropriate email to report this?

Edited by wilcopops

Relevant or not, this was indeed a factual correction of which the OP didn't take any offense. Rather the opposite.

If you wish to report a post, please use the report button (easiest) or send an email to support [at] thaivisa.com.

The foul language and bickering in this thread stops, I cleaned out two more posts on this page only and we will clean out any future offenders as well.

It was merely a factual correction of the previous comment re: "Mrs".

It is completely unnecessary as the first comment was facetious.

please withdraw these comments as they are clearly making comments on the OP's sexuality which has no relevence to the thread..

Can you give me the appropriate email to report this?

My partner is male, and he was the one with me and who filmed and showed his FB selfie to guide us through.

Early on in the thread, a few posters assumed my partner was female, and this was corrected by several helpful chaps, who did so in a pleasant enough manner.

While my sexuality is of no relevance to the thread, it is the reasons stated above why several people did mention it.

I hope you rent a jetski in Pattaya or Phuket some day and they charge you because it's "broken". Because I want to see you whining here about it so that I can say:

"You are responsible for what you break. Man up and pay up!"

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

seems like your weight and girth are getting you into trouble for many years now

maybe its time to get your jaw wired or something

I hope you rent a jetski in Pattaya or Phuket some day and they charge you because it's "broken". Because I want to see you whining here about it so that I can say:

"You are responsible for what you break. Man up and pay up!"

Now, that gave me my best laugh for the day! wai.gif

It is interesting how some posters approach the issue of my size. I freely admit i am overweight (fat). I do not find either of those terms offensive as they are factual and can be used in a rational and non insulting manner for discussion on this topic.

However, why do some posters like to use the terms as an insult? Or why do they choose to substitute what they consider more insulting words for 'overweight' or resort to derogatory colloquial terms, often adding an exclamated! swear! word to the end of the sentence? example: "You useless fattie faced pri#k!!"

I am not personally offended by the childish attacks but rather I am fascinated by the type of people who make such infantile banter. It reminds me of early school years in the play ground when boys would tease the girls or make grand comments such as 'Tommy has poo on his shoe. Tommy likes Poo!!' or 'Jenny wears glasses. Jenny is a four eyes!'. It was funny at age 7 but by age 12 just seemed stupid.

Obviously most rational and mature people would feel such comments reflect poorly on those making the comment, but I also wonder at why these people have so much venom and hate towards trivial life matters? It really is just some extra weight someone else is carrying and I cannot see how it affects your life at all. No need to go into meltdown and raise your blood pressure over it.

If you feel my weight is responsible for breaking the chair then why not say so in a calm and adult manner using polite language?

It really is just some extra weight someone else is carrying and I cannot see how it affects your life at all. No need to go into meltdown and raise your blood pressure over it.

If you feel my weight is responsible for breaking the chair then why not say so in a calm and adult manner using polite language?

It's much more than just some extra lard that you choose to haul around. It becomes an issue when you:

1. whine incessantly;

2. take up excessive space on the skytrain and airplane seats;

3. worsen global warming with your rabid overconsumption and maniacal gluttony.

3. break other people's property, arrogantly walk away from the mess you've caused, and order other people to clean it up;

4. refuse to pay for the trail of damage you leave behind you;

5. spoil other customers' enjoyment of the movie with your loud crybaby attitude.

• Like 1