Phuket Brit in amazing escape from spectacular crash

Lite Beer

Phuket Brit in amazing escape from spectacular crash
Eakkapop Thongtub  

1403330967_1-org.jpg

Mr Pritchard awaits transport to hospital.

PHUKET: A British expat survived a spectacular crash early this morning when his smashed his car heading towards Phuket Town at high speed into a power pole just south of the Heroines Monument.

Arran Pritchard, 43, was thrown out of the vehicle by the impact at 4:50am and was found lying unconscious in the road with face and head injuries. He was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

The impact did massive damage to Mr Pritchard’s Toyota Fortuner, almost splitting the front end in half.

Pol Maj Kitipom Tinthalang of Thalang Police Station said witnesses told him that the car was travelling at high speed and left the road, slamming into the pole. No other vehicles were involved.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-brit-in-amazing-escape-from-spectacular-crash-46987.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

[pn]2014-06-21[/pn]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arran Pritchard, 43, was thrown out of the vehicle by the impact at 4:50am and was found lying unconscious in the road with face and head injuries. He was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

In his rush to get home it would appear that Mr Prichard chose not to wear a seatbelt.

• Like 2

Drowning his sorrows after England's exit from the WC?

and now a 3-0 loss aginst the All Blacks in the 3 match Steinlager series------ anyway his wife told him to rush home----- hope she is not feeling too guilty. I pray for your speedy recovery Mr Pritchard.wai.gif

I think we can assume his not wearing a seat belt may have saved his life. 
I don't see where it says he was drunk.

I'd assume his severe head injuries were caused by being thrown from the vehicle due to not wearing a seatbelt myself.
  • Like 1

I think we can assume his not wearing a seat belt may have saved his life. 
I don't see where it says he was drunk.

I'd assume his severe head injuries were caused by being thrown from the vehicle due to not wearing a seatbelt myself.

Why were you not wearing a seat belt?
  • Like 2

No one happened to mention that his ambulance is sitting around at the presumed scene of the accident , while pictures are being taken and some people are just standing around shooting the shite ,while the poor guy lays there , looking like he could use a Doctor and some x-rays to see how bad he's been hurt! 

I worked the ER in the USAF , a person's life can be lost if he doesn't get to the hospital quick enough after a horrific accident like this , Yet ,it looks like nobody is in a hurry to get him to the Hospital ???

I figured it out , they were from BKK-PKT Hospital and probably waiting for the guy to answer if he has insurance or not and if he has insurance , his bill is gaining on what services he's had already  and what can they add on before anyone checks....

A crash victim that looks that bad , should be rushed to the ER immediately after getting him into the Ambulance !

Worry about Life first , money later.....but here money is the root of all evil , and EVIL spelled backwards means : LIVE !

Money isn't everything ,but it's way ahead of what's in 2 nd place ! TiT 

I wish I had the ability like some of the people on TV, they see a person in the back of an ambulance and say he was drunk, 221b Baker St is where they should be living. He may not have been wearing his seat belt, but who does in Thailand. I had been driving for about 2 weeks while on a holiday and it felt uncomfortable not to wear one, it was just habit to put it on when I got into the car. Why is it not compulsory. The car should be left there for everyone else to see what high speed can do. Was he drunk, tired, swerved to miss something on the road (bike with no lights). He or the police are the only ones who know.  Maybe if he reads TV he will let us know.

• Like 1

Driving with thongs / jandals / flip flops on - dangerous.

What utter nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not at all. Flip flops are an abomination, especially when driving a car and riding a m'bike. Here speaks the voice if wisdom and common sense.
  • Like 1

no sympathy ..just another idiot who think driving at high speed has no impact on others

Flip-flops not the best driving shoes either.

Edit: I see it's already been commented on, rightly so.

If he was speeding to get home for a family emergency well... it didn't help the situation. No excuse there. Edited by Bpuumike

"I figured it out , they were from BKK-PKT Hospital and probably waiting for the guy to answer if he has insurance or not and if he has insurance , his bill is gaining on what services he's had already  and what can they add on before anyone checks...."

Your power of deduction is fantastic! Very clever indeed!
tongue.png

"Money isn't everything ,but it's way ahead of what's in 2 nd place ! TiT "

Is Thailand the ONLY country where hospitals and medic have a interest in money?
Without money or insurance which hospital, in which country would welcome a patient?
coffee1.gif