baht buses from jomtien to beach road

tomtom345

hi all i am planning to rent a condo in either jomtien or pratumnak .

how long on average i would need to wait for a baht bus on jomtien or pratumnak ?

are there lots baht buses there like in beach road ?

and how much time is the journey of a baht bus from jomtien or pratumnak to beach road on average ?

Plenty of baht buses. 2-3 minutes. Where in Jomtien you thinking of living? I happen to enjoy Jomtien: quieter, a bit less intense and crazy. Wish A-holes in power hadn't cut so many trees down along beach walk or removed benches, but like most places it is all about money and mafias... When you say beach road I am not clear. Jomtien has beach road. I am not all that familiar with going down that hill, but as I recall no beach road down there, is there?

i mean the beach road near walking street mate .

BTW thx for you're answer .

how much time it usually takes to the baht bus to get from beach road jomtien to walking street at night time 8-10 pm ?

and how much time is the opposite direction at 12 pm to 2 am ?

i plan to live max 700 meters from the beach in jomtien .

Edited by tomtom345

You're pretty OK most of the year in Jomtien as far out as Soi Chayapruek.

If you rely on the buses, don't live further.

For many months during high season on peak times most buses run empty hustling for charter taxi fares (and the remaining buses will run over full) during peak evening hours.

For this reason living in inner Jomtien will mean long waits for seats on buses during those times but easier further out. Also OK if you're willing to stand.

Or you can walk further out to find a seat or even take a bus further out (crazy but it works).

Cheers.

On the hill, not sure what you mean,

There is only bus service THROUGH the hill Jomtien to Pattaya, no regular bus service INTO the hill.

The fare is 10 baht as far as Pattaya Klang from Jomtien. After that, 20 baht often expected. Definitely pay 20 as far as Pattaya North.

Some drivers play games and kick all off the bus at South Pattaya Road (or turn).

Going back most use the baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road, also 10 baht.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Yes, most BB bus drivers are dreamers, looking for private charter, if empty will drive past single fare or Thais.

Used to have Condo at JBC, no real problem, if there was not a bus waiting at the gate most times only had to wait 30 seconds, evening could be a bitch could wait a few minutes for a BB, few run past at high speed empty but never had to wait more than five minutes.

Pratumnak Hill over by Cosy Beach and Royal Cliff hotels and Thep Prasit Road have no or little service, pity they do not look in to opening this area up with an official rout starting at the pier, running up past the big Buddha up to Cosy beach then crossing over to the otherside and up Thep Prisit Road to Tescos.

Do all buses go up to Jomtien then? I thought most do the loop around beach road and second road?

I am staying in the Amari (by Dolphin R'about) and want to go to the market in Jomtien, where should I catch the bus from?

Judging from the thread i assume that will cost 20baht due to the length of the trip?

There are two 10 baht segments (20 baht total). You must transfer at 2nd Rd and Pattaya Tai by the school. The return trip Jomtien to the Dolphin will cost you 20 baht. You must be sure your bus doesn't turn on Pattaya Klang when you return.

Edited by ThaiBob

Unfortunately there are no official routes, which is a pity.

When you catch a BB on beach road there is no way of knowing which way it will go after turning left at Walking street.

Best advice is when the bus turns at walking street if it pulls over to the left it is doing the loop, if it pulls to the right it may well be going to Jomtien, if it stays in in the middle it probably will be going up Pattaya Tai, so get of the BB if it does not go to the right hand lane, not always correct some buses will pull to the left to let passengers off then pull over to the right hand side and shoot of to Jomtien.

Be advised do no try getting off too close to the lights, drivers are reluctant to stop, probable they get hassle from the police, it may be illegal, it causes traffic hold ups so if you do press the bell (or Buzer, Strangled Crow, what ever) close to a junction it will not stop until it has cleared the junction.

Do what you like going back to Jomtien, but using the (often unpleasant and sometimes even violent) baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road is 100 percent reliable that it is going all the way into Jomtien and that the fare will be 10 baht.

That said, if going further out Jomtien beach road ... eventually the driver will kick you off or stop and demand the bus should be magically transformed into an overpriced taxi with an aggressive WHERE YOU GO!?!?

Edited by Jingthing