MFA plans US, European visits to clarify Thai labour issue

Lite Beer

Jpeg

Its interesting that you rail against farang beer bars yet fail to mention the local Karaoke bars and brothels that exist everywhere in Thailand.

Why are the Farangs of Bangla so despicable compared with the whiskey sodden Thai punters of Phuket Town ?

Jpeg

Its interesting that you rail against farang beer bars yet fail to mention the local Karaoke bars and brothels that exist everywhere in Thailand.

Why are the Farangs of Bangla so despicable compared with the whiskey sodden Thai punters of Phuket Town ?

Vast majority of massage and brothels nationwide are in fact Thai, for Thai... tourists spots are for everyone but outside the tourist areas and thats most of the country it caters for Thias.

Sorry for blank reply with quote only. IPad is touchy. What case were you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

In the report, one of the reports cited is the one for which 2journalists are being sued for defaming the navy.

Hooray for stopping slavery. Huh?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

from this loss of face Thailand needs to really see something ...Thai officials can use all this effort to try and smooth over the face issue ..BUT after 4 years of warnings of the tier 3 downgrade you did NOTHING ...you are complete dumbfunks

All this focus on shrimp WHAT ABOUT .....the massive problem with Thai P R O S T I T U T I O N

Do you think there is no prostitution in the US and EU?

India has vast amounts of prostitutes. I attended a lecture there several years ago and they said at least 25% were HIV positive. China, Russia and its CIS "allies" all have massive sex industries with girls exported all over the world.

Other countries have been happy to let the connection between Thailand and prostitution be built up whilst sweeping their own issued under the carper, away from the limelight.

Go to a country like the Netherlands where prostitution is legal. Drive around in the south and see just how many brothels there are - you'd be surprised. Do you think all the staff are trafficked?? That country deals with prostitution differently.

Prostitution is a complex issue that contains the additional problems of trafficking, forced labor, and exploitation. Many other workers are exploited, treated as slaves, bonded and kidnapped too. The solutions are not necessarily the same.

Prostitution is considered human trafficking. It is a part of the larger problem.