Body found in Jerusalem after Palestinian youth forced into vehicle

webfact

Suspects in murder of Palestinian teen attempted to kidnap young boy day earlier

Interrogation of six suspects in death of Mohammed Abu Khdeir reveals group attempted to kidnap 9-year-old boy in east Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Hanina day before; one suspect confesses to killing.

The six men arrested for the kidnap and murder of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir attempted to kidnap a 9-year-old boy a day earlier, their investigation revealed. Meanwhile, one of the six men confessed to the allegations, and incriminated his fellow suspects.

In a joint statement, police and the Shin Bet said the suspects were arrested early Sunday. They remained in custody and were being interrogated by the Shin Bet.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4538687,00.html

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA made its displeasure known to Israeli authorities regarding the beating of the cousin.

Israeli police released a few announcements - some seem to suggest that the clips aren't telling the whole story.

Later announcements were more general, with a mention police actions will be checked. Israel's Justice Ministry

said that Internal Affairs are on it.

Personally, I think that it doesn't matter much what they claim the "whole story" is. Short of the teen lobbing a bomb,

shooting or carrying a firearm - they obviously got him under control, and went way over the top. I acknowledge that

things like this can happen in a messy situation, but still, that's not a really good justification. Considering the pressure

put on by the USA on this one, it will probably not be that easily wiped under the carpet.

There are claims that the family's versions of events to not match and that clips may have been edited or cut. No idea

about the clips, but again - what is seen is over the top for most situation, then again, wasn't there and not discounting

the possibility, although not finding it very likely. The family's versions do not seem that contradictory to me, could be

chalked down to confusion and to language issues. Again, unless the teen did something really extreme, it shouldn't

matter.

There should not be a confusion about the events as father and boy are American speaking English , so no translation needed.

Secondly , if you watch the video you can only see 2 man in black.

Thirdly as already pointed out, 2 video clips shot from 2 different angles, just happened to be there?

And neither did anything to help or at least destruct the alleged police officers.

I am in no position to be 100% certain of what took place, but when too many things do not add up, you can be rest assured it's not as black and white as some like to make it out to be .

With long track record of Arabs manufacturing false or fake evidence it gives even less credibility.

i already did provide evidence that Arabs have a history of falsifying the truth and editing video's,

So do the Israelis.

Feel free to provide evidence made by Israel of Arabs killing a Jew being a fake or made up

Enjoy denying and further fueling rage in this topic. Is the following an example of misinformation by Israeli security forces?

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2014/07/02/israeli-police-plant-false-story-murdered-palestinian-boy-was-gay-flood-social-media-with-disinformation/

Edited by simple1

Israeli police arrest six suspects in murder of Palestinian teen

In a dramatic development, it was revealed Sunday that Israeli police arrested six suspects in the murder of a Palestinian teen.

Police suspect that the motive behind the murder of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir, whose body was found in the Jerusalem Forest on Wednesday, was nationalistic, suggesting the perpetrators were Jewish extremists.

Police have been investigating various avenues in the teen's death, including criminal or personal motives. But an official told the Associated Press on Sunday that evidence points toward Jewish extremists.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.603317

I have been informed by the Israeli experts on this forum that Haaretz is just a mouthpiece for the Israeli left & when quoted, denigrated.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Enjoy denying and further fueling rage in this topic. Is the following an example of misinformation by Israeli security forces?

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2014/07/02/israeli-police-plant-false-story-murdered-palestinian-boy-was-gay-flood-social-media-with-disinformation/

Excellent source. I wonder what else they would post to get the donations.

IF you have not noticed, the donate button is all over the page.

Excellent source. I wonder what else they would post to get the donations. IF you have not noticed, the donate button is all over the page.

Correct. Congrats you appear to have calmed down

• Like 1

Excellent source. I wonder what else they would post to get the donations. IF you have not noticed, the donate button is all over the page.

cheesy.gif

I have an excellent source for you to read, subscribe to and follow, i am certain your stands will be much appreciated there.

http://nodisinfo.com/

US profoundly troubled by brutal beating of Palestinian teen who turned out to be American

BrzMkSiIQAAb--O.jpg

The US has condemned the beating and detention of a 15-year-old Palestinian-American by Israeli police after a massive social media campaign exploded in cyber space decrying the actions and hypocrisy of Israeli authorities.

We can confirm that Tarek Khdeir, an American citizen, is being held by Israeli authorities in Jerusalem. [Tarek Abu Khdeir ] was visited by an official from the US Consulate General in Jerusalem today, US State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, said in a press release.

The US is profoundly troubled by reports that the teenager was severely beaten while in police custody while visiting Israel on vacation from Tampa Florida, and strongly condemns any excessive use of force.

http://rt.com/usa/170692-us-palestinian-israel-brutal-beating/

Thanks for introducing this related topic.

Look at that young kid, whats he all of 50 kilos? Laying on the ground with no movement at all while getting the crap beat and kicked out of him after he is cuffed.

Where is the US outrage?

Tell me again what was this15 year old, 50 kilo kid, an American tourist doing in the middle of the riots throwing stones and whatever else at police and IDF?

Then you will ALSO note officer responsible for assault will be charged and and convicted.

Strangely though there are 2 video clips, one made from across the road and one made from the roof of a building and in both neither party screamed or did anything to help.

Why is that?

Remember this? Palestine Arab propaganda stage fake Israeli attacks for media http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/remember-this-palestine-arab-propaganda-stage-fake-isreali-attacks-for-media/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you would sit quietly in your bedroom if someone had murdered your cousin in such a horrible manner?

As for someone shouting at armed police to stop whilst they are attacking a teenager like wild animals....does that seem like a good idea to you?

You appear to have all the makings of an extremist. In your mind, side can do no wrong, whilst the other is just bad. That is just sick thinking.

Tom Hurndall was not a Palestinian throwing stones and he is dead. Murdered. Did the Arabs fake his death?

Don't attempt to paint one side as whiter than white. It is simply unrealistic and makes you look like a crackpot extremist in your thinking.

cheesy.gif

I have an excellent source for you to read, subscribe to and follow, i am certain your stands will be much appreciated there.

http://nodisinfo.com/

Off topic, don't know if the Mods will delete.

No. I do not subscribe to conspiracy nonsense. I do not support some of the State of Israel actions. e.g. amongst other issues; Palestinians held in renewable detention without charge / trial

http://www.amnestyusa.org/research/reports/starved-of-justice-palestinians-detained-without-trial-by-israel

To repeat I do not dislike those of the Jewish faith, I am not anti-semetic.

I suggest you are not doing your 'cause' any favours with personal attacks. As repeated by the Mods in this topic & others, debate actions / policies, not continually attack TV members.

• Like 1

US profoundly troubled by brutal beating of Palestinian teen who turned out to be American

The US has condemned the beating and detention of a 15-year-old Palestinian-American by Israeli police after a massive social media campaign exploded in cyber space decrying the actions and hypocrisy of Israeli authorities.

We can confirm that Tarek Khdeir, an American citizen, is being held by Israeli authorities in Jerusalem. [Tarek Abu Khdeir ] was visited by an official from the US Consulate General in Jerusalem today, US State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, said in a press release.

The US is profoundly troubled by reports that the teenager was severely beaten while in police custody while visiting Israel on vacation from Tampa Florida, and strongly condemns any excessive use of force.

Look at that young kid, whats he all of 50 kilos? Laying on the ground with no movement at all while getting the crap beat and kicked out of him after he is cuffed.

Where is the US outrage?

Tell me again what was this15 year old, 50 kilo kid, an American tourist doing in the middle of the riots throwing stones and whatever else at police and IDF?

Then you will ALSO note officer responsible for assault will be charged and and convicted.

Strangely though there are 2 video clips, one made from across the road and one made from the roof of a building and in both neither party screamed or did anything to help.

Why is that?

Remember this? Palestine Arab propaganda stage fake Israeli attacks for media http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/remember-this-palestine-arab-propaganda-stage-fake-isreali-attacks-for-media/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you would sit quietly in your bedroom if someone had murdered your cousin in such a horrible manner?

As for someone shouting at armed police to stop whilst they are attacking a teenager like wild animals....does that seem like a good idea to you?

You appear to have all the makings of an extremist. In your mind, side can do no wrong, whilst the other is just bad. That is just sick thinking.

Tom Hurndall was not a Palestinian throwing stones and he is dead. Murdered. Did the Arabs fake his death?

Don't attempt to paint one side as whiter than white. It is simply unrealistic and makes you look like a crackpot extremist in your thinking.

Only the discussion is NOT about the killed one. Doh.....

So if your cousin was killed you have the right to assault police? JoIn riots? Throw stones? Mind you at the age of 15?

What's next at 18, perhaps throw a few grenades and by 21 start firing rockets?

And I am the extremist ?!

The USA made its displeasure known to Israeli authorities regarding the beating of the cousin.

Israeli police released a few announcements - some seem to suggest that the clips aren't telling the whole story.

Later announcements were more general, with a mention police actions will be checked. Israel's Justice Ministry

Personally, I think that it doesn't matter much what they claim the "whole story" is. Short of the teen lobbing a bomb,

shooting or carrying a firearm - they obviously got him under control, and went way over the top. I acknowledge that

things like this can happen in a messy situation, but still, that's not a really good justification. Considering the pressure

put on by the USA on this one, it will probably not be that easily wiped under the carpet.

There are claims that the family's versions of events to not match and that clips may have been edited or cut. No idea

about the clips, but again - what is seen is over the top for most situation, then again, wasn't there and not discounting

the possibility, although not finding it very likely. The family's versions do not seem that contradictory to me, could be

chalked down to confusion and to language issues. Again, unless the teen did something really extreme, it shouldn't

matter.

There should not be a confusion about the events as father and boy are American speaking English , so no translation needed.

Thirdly as already pointed out, 2 video clips shot from 2 different angles, just happened to be there?

And neither did anything to help or at least destruct the alleged police officers.

I am in no position to be 100% certain of what took place, but when too many things do not add up, you can be rest assured it's not as black and white as some like to make it out to be .

With long track record of Arabs manufacturing false or fake evidence it gives even less credibility.

I think it would be best to wait for the investigation results before running up too much speculation. Again, in my opinion, short of the boy specifically posing high risk to life threat at the time, his handling was way over the top. And with that said, things of this sort can happen in a tense environment (not a justification, an observation).

Most people interviewed seem to speak English, albeit not exactly eloquent or even fluent. This included the immediate family. Confusion over statements at a time like this is almost assured. This is one reason, for example. that legal advisers usually do not like their representatives to speak to the media without supervision as events unfold or right after. People aren't always the most coherent under stress.

As for the video evidence, I'd rather wait for investigation results - not quite sure what the doubts are about. I do not think that the police still denies everything, but rather they say there's more to it. Again, not quite sure how they mean that, so we'll just have to wait and see. No idea who took the clip, not sure that everyone would jump into the fray under the circumstances, and seems like it all happened pretty quickly.

Not sure that many things do not add up, really.

No. I do not subscribe to conspiracy nonsense. I do not support some of the State of Israel actions. e.g. amongst other issues; Palestinians held in renewable detention without charge / trial

http://www.amnestyusa.org/research/reports/starved-of-justice-palestinians-detained-without-trial-by-israel

I suggest you are not doing your 'cause' any favours with personal attacks. As repeated by the Mods in this topic & others, debate actions / policies, not continually attack TV members.

What is my cause?

And since you none of the above mentioned , how about a praise for Israel who has already arrested those responsible for the murder, while at least a slight condemnation of those who killed 3 Jewish boys still enjoying their freedom and no doubt harbored by those you support so much .

Edited by Pralaad

matter.

I think it would be best to wait for the investigation results before running up too much speculation.

Again, in my opinion, short of the boy specifically posing high risk to life threat at the time, his handling was way over the top.

And with that said, things of this sort can happen in a tense environment (not a justification, an observation).

Most people interviewed seem to speak English, albeit not exactly eloquent or even fluent. This included the immediate family.

Confusion over statements at a time like this is almost assured. This is one reason, for example. that legal advisers usually do

not like their representatives to speak to the media without supervision as events unfold or right after. People aren't always the

most coherent under stress.

As for the video evidence, I'd rather wait for investigation results - not quite sure what the doubts are about. I do not think that

the police still denies everything, but rather they say there's more to it. Again, not quite sure how they mean that, so we'll just

have to wait and see. No idea who took the clip, not sure that everyone would jump into the fray under the circumstances, and

seems like it all happened pretty quickly.

an alleged assault has been turned into a media frenzy without much facts. Not sure why you insist to believe story's do not add up due to language barrier.

Unless fathers initial claims were made misinformed , but then who is to say the second claim is true ?

If you look at another site, they have pics of 3 officers beating someone while the video shows 2 officers.

Then in the video it appears to be some backyard and not a single person around, I seriously doubt officer were hiding in the backyard hoping for someone to walk in or walk past, just as I seriously doubt they dragged someone to there and let 2 people film it.

I do believe they chased him for whatever reason and convienently 2 people happened to be there to film it.

Yes officer may have lost it , most certainly not for no reason, and unllike the counterparts, investigation has been open and offending officer will be dealt with once the whole truth is out

Edited by Pralaad

What is my cause?

And since you none of the above mentioned , how about a praise for Israel who has already arrested those responsible for the murder, while at least a slight condemnation of those who killed 3 Jewish boys still enjoying their freedom and no doubt harbored by those you support so much .

Congrats to the Isreali authorities for arresting the alledged murders and of course totally condemn the murders of the three Jewish teenagers. The other comment is just a continuation of your personal attacks

Edited by simple1

I think that one could find better examples of Israeli security authorities covering things up and outright lying. Try this for size:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_300_affair

Silverstein, while sometimes scoring hits, gets in his share of misses and truckloads of misquoted and misdirecting references. This piece is not one of his best, to say the least.

Yes, there was and there is a lot of hate speech present on Israeli social media and networks over this case. Not all prevalent as some sources suggest but certainly there. Guess how much you run into it would have to do with where you virtually roam. The rumors were not started by the police - the initial police statements just said that all avenues of inquiry are being looked into, citing nationalistic, criminal, honor killing and family feud as some possible motives. The bits linked in the blog say just this. There was no direct reference to the victim's possibly being gay, at least not any official one that I know of. Nice touch playing the investigative reporter: "With the help of an Israeli friend, I traced the rumor..." - only this was all over main steam media, not much help needed and not much tracing. The statement was given first in a radio interview, not anonymously, as claimed. So guess even tracing was a two bit shoddy effort. While there were certainly rumors, they were not as widespread as that, unless you read mostly right wing oriented feeds, where they indeed took hold. This was also kinda dropped (or at least, less evident) as more details came out. Pretty sure there will always be people who would believe this anyway, though.

It is true that the boy's family was indignant over police's alternate motive speculation, but there was really nothing out of the ordinary there. In truth, getting the suspects arrested within days is quite a result, actually.

Moving on - there were and there was a lot of criticism with regard to the Israeli police's handling and conduct to do with current events (in addition to an unrelated high profile case). However, Silverstein is manipulating the order of events some. The part where the Israeli families were given misleading information was not necessarily by the police, and the part where they state that "At a certain point, the families realized the police could not handle an investigation of this magnitude. That’s when the IDF became involved", refers to the first night, right after the report to the police call center. This is simply distorting and misquoting what is said in the provided link.

Of course, now that there are suspects in custody and charges seem to be along the nationalistic line, I'm sure that Mr. Silverstein would issue an apology over "Now, in the current case, instead of solving the crime and apprehending the Jewish terrorist who likely committed it, they prefer to create red herrings which confuse the case and the public, thus diverting attention from the real killers".

Goes on and on, but getting tedious. Tikun Olam is not necessarily a credible source, it is never an objective source. One need to read what appears there with a healthy dose of critical skepticism, or treat it as an opinion column.

Edited by Scott

Israeli police arrest six suspects in murder of Palestinian teen

In a dramatic development, it was revealed Sunday that Israeli police arrested six suspects in the murder of a Palestinian teen.

Police suspect that the motive behind the murder of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir, whose body was found in the Jerusalem Forest on Wednesday, was nationalistic, suggesting the perpetrators were Jewish extremists.

Police have been investigating various avenues in the teen's death, including criminal or personal motives. But an official told the Associated Press on Sunday that evidence points toward Jewish extremists.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.603317

I have been informed by the Israeli experts on this forum that Haaretz is just a mouthpiece for the Israeli left & when quoted, denigrated.

The Haaretz certainly got a general center/left leaning nowadays, with some of the reporters being far left.

Still considered main stream enough, though. Similar reports, appeared on Israeli and Palestinian media,

not much difference between them.

What is my cause?

Congrats to the Isreali authorities for arresting the alledged murders and of course totally condemn the murders of the three Jewish teenagers. The other comment is just a continuation of your personal attacks

Very charitable of you, thank you

The USA made its displeasure known to Israeli authorities regarding the beating of the cousin. Israeli police released a few announcements - some seem to suggest that the clips aren't telling the whole story. Later announcements were more general, with a mention police actions will be checked. Israel's Justice Ministry said that Internal Affairs are on it.

Personally, I think that it doesn't matter much what they claim the "whole story" is. Short of the teen lobbing a bomb, shooting or carrying a firearm - they obviously got him under control, and went way over the top. I acknowledge that things like this can happen in a messy situation, but still, that's not a really good justification. Considering the pressure put on by the USA on this one, it will probably not be that easily wiped under the carpet.

There are claims that the family's versions of events to not match and that clips may have been edited or cut. No idea about the clips, but again - what is seen is over the top for most situation, then again, wasn't there and not discounting the possibility, although not finding it very likely. The family's versions do not seem that contradictory to me, could be chalked down to confusion and to language issues. Again, unless the teen did something really extreme, it shouldn't matter.

I think it would be best to wait for the investigation results before running up too much speculation. Again, in my opinion, short of the boy specifically posing high risk to life threat at the time, his handling was way over the top. And with that said, things of this sort can happen in a tense environment (not a justification, an observation).

Most people interviewed seem to speak English, albeit not exactly eloquent or even fluent. This included the immediate family. Confusion over statements at a time like this is almost assured. This is one reason, for example. that legal advisers usually do not like their representatives to speak to the media without supervision as events unfold or right after. People aren't always the most coherent under stress.

As for the video evidence, I'd rather wait for investigation results - not quite sure what the doubts are about. I do not think that the police still denies everything, but rather they say there's more to it. Again, not quite sure how they mean that, so we'll just have to wait and see. No idea who took the clip, not sure that everyone would jump into the fray under the circumstances, and seems like it all happened pretty quickly.

an alleged assault has been turned into a media frenzy without much facts. Not sure why you insist to believe story's do not add up due to language barrier.

Unless fathers initial claims were made misinformed , but then who is to say the second claim is true ?

If you look at another site, they have pics of 3 officers beating someone while the video shows 2 officers.

Then in the video it appears to be some backyard and not a single person around, I seriously doubt officer were hiding in the backyard hoping for someone to walk in or walk past, just as I seriously doubt they dragged someone to there and let 2 people film it.

I do believe they chased him for whatever reason and conveniently 2 people happened to be there to film it.

Yes officer may have lost it , most certainly not for no reason, and unlike the counterparts, investigation has been open and offending officer will be dealt with once the whole truth is out

I'm not saying there isn't a "media frenzy", but then I think there ought to be one.

There facts are that a boy got severely beat up, there's a clip showing it, initial denials less adamant now.

Unless the boy posed a clear threat, the reaction was way off line. Two policemen against a 15yo is not

only unfair, it's also not very professional. If there were three of them, it just makes it worse. Like I said,

better to wait for the investigation results - you are welcome to hold on to your doubts, and they could be

proven to be true, but until then, others may have differing thoughts on what took place.

If you think that people under emotional duress always give clear and concise statements, that's just not

a point of view I share. I do not think that the family's statement are all that contradictory, at least not to

an unexpected degree.

The officer "may" have lost it? For real? There's more than one of them in the clip, and I do not think what

is shown constitutes anything much to do with police work. As for "most certainly not for no reason" - not

having been there, what makes you so certain? It wouldn't be the first incident of this sort, police all over

the world sometimes engage in mindless violence, Israelis are not exempt.

i already did provide evidence that Arabs have a history of falsifying the truth and editing video's,

So do the Israelis.

Feel free to provide evidence made by Israel of Arabs killing a Jew being a fake or made up

That isn't what I said.

However, the best example is the Isreali-produced (and edited) video of the poor IDF getting attacked by the horrible Flotilla protesters when they'd just popped in to say hello and have a cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrX7fznVgI

Forget the fact they attacked the ship and murdered 9 people.

rolleyes.gif

Don't get me wrong here, I have no sympathy for either side in this conflict, but please stop portraying the Israeli occupation and settlements, and the ensuing security operation as a bunch of poor Jews being attacked by murderous Arabs all the time.

If I had my way I'd take Jerusalem away from both of them and ban anyone from living in it. Or just nuke it see who wants it first.

wink.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Where is the US outrage?

Why is that?

Only the discussion is NOT about the killed one. Doh.....

So if your cousin was killed you have the right to assault police? JoIn riots? Throw stones? Mind you at the age of 15?

What's next at 18, perhaps throw a few grenades and by 21 start firing rockets?

And I am the extremist ?!

Are you confused? To whom did you think that I was referring?

Apart from that, whilst there is clear evidence of the beating on video, there is no evidence of him joining a riot or throwing stones. He may have just been out there shouting at the police. Perhaps he was objecting to other acts of mindless violence. I don't know. What I do know it that they, like wild animals, attacked a young boy.

Yet, without evidence, you claim decry the video as fake and claim that the boy had joined a riot and was throwing stones.

If you don't think of yourself as an extremist, perhaps you should read a little more about the subject.

The 'norm' is that people are appalled by the violence and would prefer to seek an equitable solution. Extremists seek to justify the violence perpetrated by themselves and their ilk and are only interested in one solution. They're own.

I have no dog in this fight. I am just a bystander.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Forget the fact they attacked the ship and murdered 9 people.

They were enforcing a legal naval blockade and were attacked by Arab protesters with steel pipes and knives and it is all on videotape. Would you encourage criminals to ignore a police roadblock and run them down? It was clearly self-defense.

• Like 1

BrzMkSiIQAAb--O.jpg

Where is the US outrage?

Why is that?

Remember this? Palestine Arab propaganda stage fake Israeli “attacks” for media http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/remember-this-palestine-arab-propaganda-stage-fake-isreali-attacks-for-media/

Exactly.In most countries in the world "tourist" or others who engage in riots WILL get a beating by the police.I guess this upstanding US citizen didn`t read the travel advice who says "Do NOT engage or political protest or riots when visiting a foreign country".

Sometimes a punk is just a punk !!

• Like 2

BrzMkSiIQAAb--O.jpg

Where is the US outrage?

Why is that?

Remember this? Palestine Arab propaganda stage fake Israeli “attacks” for media http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/remember-this-palestine-arab-propaganda-stage-fake-isreali-attacks-for-media/

Exactly.In most countries in the world "tourist" or others who engage in riots WILL get a beating by the police.I guess this upstanding US citizen didn`t read the travel advice who says "Do NOT engage or political protest or riots when visiting a foreign country".

Sometimes a punk is just a punk !!

The so-called tourist and his family were in country for his cousin's funeral.

Riots all over Israel, not just in the boy's village.

I have no idea what part, if any, he took in the rioting - far as I'm aware, it wasn't explicitly claimed that he was.

Unless he posed a direct threat to the police officers, the way he was handled was way off line. If two police

officers cannot come up with a better way to apprehend a 15yo suspect, they have no business being in uniform,

Not sure where you come from, or why do you think it is acceptable and normal for police to beat suspects.

I have no idea what part, if any, he took in the rioting - far as I'm aware, it wasn't explicitly claimed that he was.

Unless he posed a direct threat to the police officers, the way he was handled was way off line.

I have read that he was wearing a mask and that police were hurt in the same protest that he was allegedly participating in.

The Israeli police say the youth resisted arrest and attacked police officers. He was detained with a slingshot in his possession used to hurl stones at police, along with six other protesters, including some armed with knives, police said, adding that several officers were hurt in that specific protest, one of many that day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/05/state-dept-confirms-us-teen-held-by-israeli-authorities-reports-was-severely/

Unless he posed a direct threat to the police officers, the way he was handled was way off line.

I have read that he was wearing a mask and that police were hurt in the same protest that he was allegedly participating in.

The Israeli police say the youth resisted arrest and attacked police officers. He was detained with a slingshot in his possession used to hurl stones at police, along with six other protesters, including some armed with knives, police said, adding that several officers were hurt in that specific protest, one of many that day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/05/state-dept-confirms-us-teen-held-by-israeli-authorities-reports-was-severely/

UG, wearing a mask, or rather face cover, is quite normal in cases where the police shoots tear gas at demonstrators.

By itself, not a reason for extreme violence.

While in this report, police is cited as claiming he was arrested with a slingshot in his possession, other versions did not

include this detail or claimed he was part of group of protestors, without specifying who owned what. I doubt even proven

that it was in his possession and even documenting him using it would merit the extra attention he got.

Things can get out of hand, and this seems to be one of them. The answer is not to try and deny them, but to learn and

move on. I'm sure there was no specific instruction to go out and beat the boy or others. People can lose control under

stressful situations.

Fair enough to use force to detain the guy, but not to repeatedly punch him when held on the ground. Let's see what if any penalty is passed down by a Court on the police who assaulted him