Getting engaged whilst still married

y2k

Once i was on same way. Then one day i woke up and thought it would be much better to end the old chapter first before i open the next one.
Lucky i did it that way. Edited by Mentors
  • Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a married man working through divorce. If your new wife to be, knows this,she should be content to support you.Not rush you into any level.And you don't need to be a married man and an engaged man at the same time.

End one then start another like you know you should.

Does your wife or any of your family know what you are up to.

TROL POST___ Mr Y2K same poster of "My Thai G/F wants me to buy her a house " fame  who 98% of TV responders said "Don't do it"  You don't lisen or care for remarks that don't agree with you like when someone said "you can't be that stupid" and you reply "you don't know how stupid I am" just baiting replies. One good thing about the new Thai Visa Lounge that has just opened TROLS won't be showing up exposing their identities unless they can prove some of their BS stories.

Just because I don't agree with your BS doesn't make me a troll.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Once i was on same way. Then one day i woke up and thought it would be much better to end the old chapter first before i open the next one.
Lucky i did it that way.

I'm fast coming to agree with that reasoning.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One question.    WHY?

The only possible reason I can think of (apart from the OP spending too much time in the sun) is that the girl is putting her foot down.

Which of course is the best reason not to get engaged in the first place!

Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Here's some slightly constructive statements: are you nuts? What is the bloody hurry? Are you addicted to being married? Did the last marriage mean as much to you as last years fashion? Normal people go through a period of grieving and adjusting to a life without the ex. Good or bad, it takes time. What went wrong with the last marriage, and more importantly, what did you do (or not do) that led to the divorce. Has your behavior and outlook changed? You will be "on the rebound" whether you believe it or not. And please don't say "this one is different". Are you? Have you grown from the experience enough so that you won't be a "serial spouse" unless that is what you want...

Sorry if I was implying that I was looking for advice on my personal relationships then I wasn't.

Stick with the title and gist of my OP please.

Nobody can give advices to fools, caused they don't want to listen. wub.png

You are a hopeless case, do what you want, up to you. 1zgarz5.gif

• Like 1

Here's some slightly constructive statements: are you nuts? What is the bloody hurry? Are you addicted to being married? Did the last marriage mean as much to you as last years fashion? Normal people go through a period of grieving and adjusting to a life without the ex. Good or bad, it takes time. What went wrong with the last marriage, and more importantly, what did you do (or not do) that led to the divorce. Has your behavior and outlook changed? You will be "on the rebound" whether you believe it or not. And please don't say "this one is different". Are you? Have you grown from the experience enough so that you won't be a "serial spouse" unless that is what you want...

Sorry if I was implying that I was looking for advice on my personal relationships then I wasn't.

Nobody can give advices to fools, caused they don't want to listen. wub.png

You are a hopeless case, do what you want, up to you. 1zgarz5.gif

I wouldn't take ADVICES from people like you who can't even string a sentence together CAUSED of their gutter education.

The only possible bearing it could have that I can foresee, is on future visa applications for moving back to your home country, although relatively insignificant.  When did you meet, when did you start a life together, provide divorce cert for previous marriages etc.... Overlapping there is not cool!    Don't be in a rush is my advise, if you think she might slip away on you, then I wouldn't be marrying her anyways!

Oz

"Being married to 2 women at the same time (Bigamy) in most countries  is considered a Crime Against Humanity"." BING!!! The light went on (first for everything I guess). Simple answer: Convert to Islam. They are allowed to have more than one wife in Thailand. My landlord back in Phra Kanong days had two. Which I figure is two too many, but that's just my opinion.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Being married to 2 women at the same time (Bigamy) in most countries  is considered a Crime Against Humanity"." BING!!! The light went on (first for everything I guess). Simple answer: Convert to Islam. They are allowed to have more than one wife in Thailand. My landlord back in Phra Kanong days had two. Which I figure is two too many, but that's just my opinion.

True that Moslems can have more than 1 wife (up to 4 I think) plus Concubines (Mistresses). But this right is not just reserved for Moslems or Islam. In many West African Countries, or should I say most, they can have more than 4 wives. In Papua New Guinea there is no limit. Only a limit to how much money you have. But if they want to immigrate to the Americas, or Europe, they are only allowed 1 wife. So they have to ditch the others and call them aunties or something else. But like us, they can still have as many Mistresses as they like. As long as they don't get caught.

My point was that Bigamy is a crime in Thailand, which I assumed he would get married here, and therefore he could be charged here for it, or back home. Thailand of course is more accepting to this. But still under Thai Law you can only have 1 Legal Marriage, so the others don't count here either. If he is Moslem and from Saudi Arabia, then he has committed no crime if he gets married again in Saudi Arabia. But judging from the OP post he isn't from there, or Moslem, otherwise he had no reason to ask,.

In Western Counties, a second marriage doesn't count anyway, and this second marriage would be considered annulled. So even if they got married from the High Priestess, it wouldn't count more than a hill of Beans if he was already married at that time. So what is the point of getting married again when it doesn't count, no matter how long you lived together before you were found out? The only thing you would accomplish by doing this is possible jail time or an angry X-wife going after your future paycheck. .      

My perspective as a woman for what it's worth.

Personally, I would prefer my man to be divorced before we were engaged. This gives me a sense of closure of his previous marriage rather than feeling like out with the old, in with the new. If he's taken the time and trouble to finalise his previous relationship then I would feel comfortable that he knows how to follow through.

Speak to your girlfriend, ask her what her thoughts are. If you love each other and there is no rushing into the relationship and you know it's headed to marriage, what's the rush to have a ring. You can't be married straight away anyway and marital commitment is a state of mind.

Good luck with whatever you choose
Di
  • Like 1

OP I think that many Tv members get engaged every single day (even while still married) but next morning they forget all about it (I heard that this happens a lot in Soi 6)

biggrin.png

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Sometimes twice a night giggle.gif giggle.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif thumbsup.gif burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi 

TROL POST___ Mr Y2K same poster of "My Thai G/F wants me to buy her a house " fame  who 98% of TV responders said "Don't do it"  You don't lisen or care for remarks that don't agree with you like when someone said "you can't be that stupid" and you reply "you don't know how stupid I am" just baiting replies. One good thing about the new Thai Visa Lounge that has just opened TROLS won't be showing up exposing their identities unless they can prove some of their BS stories.

I forgot about his past posts exposing his stupidity and now this one puts him in the complete category of a  troll.

All respondents to his posts are in his opinion useless but I'd suggest  he should turn off the lights and go to sleep in the bedroom of his mother's house where I'm sure  he resides.

• Like 1

Oh here we go and out come the riff raff with nothing constructive to say but to shoot down any mention of serious relationships. Get a life.

That's because you're running the same BS on another thread.

You get a life........troll. any goodwill that members may have felt toward you must be evaporating.
  • Like 1

Oh here we go and out come the riff raff with nothing constructive to say but to shoot down any mention of serious relationships. Get a life.

That's because you're running the same BS on another thread.

You get a life........troll. any goodwill that members may have felt toward you must be evaporating.

Thought it was about time you got out from under that rock.

Well you asked for advice/thoughts, and to be honest my thought was w00t.gif .

I assume you have known the new lady quite a while I hope.....whistling.gif 

If it were me, I would get the divorce out the way before you open your mouth regarding other females.

You can get divorced in a few minutes if your ex is willing to attend. If she is not then I fear you might have hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. trying to get divorced as here everyone knows everything via the grapevine..sad.png

The Rules of Engagement are:

You don't have to get married to have sex, a relationship, even a baby...

I have every intention to remarry but am concerned that the divorce will drag on. Meanwhile the gf is eager to move to the next level as am I. Just worried about legalities. Appreciate all advice.

Most of the posters are just jealous that you take your vows seriously whereas the rest of us just wouldn't give a rats ass if still married or not we would just slam dunk the whole process and figure it out after. 

Good on you for getting all the kinks worked out before jumping in again....wish some of these crazy bastards on TV forum had half the sense as you.

• Like 1

I have every intention to remarry but am concerned that the divorce will drag on. Meanwhile the gf is eager to move to the next level as am I. Just worried about legalities. Appreciate all advice.

I would think a troublesome divorce might be more troublesome if one part gets engaged during the divorce negotiations; at least if the other part finds out.

However, just give a ring and the promise, and keep it under the radar.

On the funny side: A friend of mine met a girl here – well, picked one up from a bar – the next morning the girl said they were engaged, he told and continued, that the engagement lasted for 3 days…

That was what I first thought but I'm clueless about Thai laws so felt compelled to ask here.

“Thai laws” would be a so-called “mia noi” (small wife), which is not registered at the Amphur. Your Thai wife to be may not like that idea – or she may approve with a big smile, as some ladies prefers to be the small wife as the mia noi often gets more money, gold, car and house… thumbsup.gif 

My GF always says that I can marry and also have small young giks, as long as she is the "mia noi"... biggrin.png

My friend, this echoes exactly what I went through around 3 years ago and I would just say, go for it. If you're sure the new GF is the one, do it.

I had so many 'downs' at that time of my life and really needed the 'ups' my current wife gave and continues to give.

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not only rich and handsome...but full of pee and vinegar also...a great guy...your new love will never trust you...make sure your stomach is butcher knife proof...

Troll.

y2k, I realize you have made less than 300 posts, but really, did you expect to get away with no disparaging remarks?

^ what about for the simple reason. He loves her ? And he thinks she is the one? Should he let her slip away? And maybe loose the love of his life?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Only if she is very rich, if so, luv mak mak

Can't current wife sue GF?

Can't it effect the divorce proceedings?

I know my GF refused to play hide the salami until she knew my divorce were final and were worried my ex knew about me seeing her.

Withholding sex BEFORE the marriage? A new low my friend, run fast, run fast.

Give the guy a beak, maybe we don't know how stupid he is.

• Like 1