No alcohol on 11/7 and 12/7?

bergen

... just giving an alternative suggestion - in case of emergencies break (out) a glass at home?

If he's lonely use face book/email/call people/ switch on the radio...

If he needs the "company" of women - they are still open...

Carry a hip flask of Vodka etc and share...?

But I am just filling in until the right answer appears whistling.gif

^^^^^ Which is great for you, I am sure smile.png

But doesn't answer bergens question rolleyes.gif

I've always been able to find it on these holidays. You may not be able to go to your favorite drinking hole but you should be able to sit and have a drink somewhere. However, it may be served in a coffee cup. Usually no check bins either, pay as you go. However, not sure how the current political situation will affect all this.

Its about time that the sale of alcoholic beverage laws should have a very thorough review in this country , at the moment all that happens is that everyone goes out the previous days and buys up far more than they need then drink it all and get out of their heads Just do what they do in the west and Ban drinking on the streets ? I believe that the existing sale of alcohol the ban between 11am and 4.30pm is to prevent children buying it when they come out of school , Surely the check out people have the sense not to sell to underage kids after all everyone in Thailand should have an ID card to check their ages, I am a retired pensioner and for me not to be able to buy a bottle of Beer ( Once a month) between 11 am and 4.30pm is frankly quite ridiculous.

Perhaps while we have the Military in charge they can bring some common sense to these archaic regulations.

During my time in Marocco I ate free almost every day during religious festivals as I was in great demand as a buyer of alcohol which is only on sale at supermarkets generally. An armed policeman would check my passport. I'm not sure that that kind of approach is better.

Mind you, I did get tired of eating yellow wobbly bits of sheeps....

I've always been able to find it on these holidays. You may not be able to go to your favorite drinking hole but you should be able to sit and have a drink somewhere. However, it may be served in a coffee cup. Usually no check bins either, pay as you go. However, not sure how the current political situation will affect all this.

Is it really that hard for some people to go without alcohol for two days?

Its about time that the sale of alcoholic beverage laws should have a very thorough review in this country , at the moment all that happens is that everyone goes out the previous days and buys up far more than they need then drink it all and get out of their heads Just do what they do in the west and Ban drinking on the streets ? I believe that the existing sale of alcohol the ban between 11am and 4.30pm is to prevent children buying it when they come out of school , Surely the check out people have the sense not to sell to underage kids after all everyone in Thailand should have an ID card to check their ages, I am a retired pensioner and for me not to be able to buy a bottle of Beer ( Once a month) between 11 am and 4.30pm is frankly quite ridiculous.

Perhaps while we have the Military in charge they can bring some common sense to these archaic regulations.

I think the real problem is far too many people are far too dependent on alcohol.

Hi there I am new to this forum, but my question is. I have a connivence store inside a hotel. So would I be able to sell alcohol on July 11 and July 12. All replies appreciated

NO! and the army does take tea money.

Oh thanks for that stupid reply the army does not take tea money. I have an established store which is part of the hotel establishment. I also have my alcohol licences. So I will ask the question again, and only helpful replays please with constructive comments. I have a convience store inside a hotel, I would like to know if I could sell alcohol on the buddist holidays July 11, and 12..

Mr Sabot,I will make it my business if some drunk annoys me because he can't control himself, when there are a bunch of drinkers drinking together, there are usually one or two who go off the rails. (pun intended).

You can always buy beer here. Only 7-11 and Tesco (in our soi) will not sell small quantities of beer at certain times but you can buy a box of beer anytime. The difference is wholesale vs. retail. Also 7-11 and Tesco have a traceable electronic cash registers. The mon and pop store next door does not so can still buy beer anytime.

There is not and has never been any problem, if you don't want there to be.

Bars don't sell beer? Large popular obvious ones do not. Quiet back street ones do. Go a bit further out of town if one is desperate or to any hotel bar. I have been at a restaurant with a group who even had their own beer and were not allowed to consume beer on a public holiday. Quick search of the local area and we found a restaurant with a "private" AC room so we had a "private' party with alcohol. Was in Pattaya once and discovered it was a public/religious holiday so I simply went to the terrace at The Marriot near Ripley's. Sat and had a few nice beers.

Again there is not and never has been any real problem. If you don't wish there to be one.

OP yes some bars will not sell alcohol but some will. Where are the one's that will? Can't tell you exactly where but any hotel bar and smaller local out of the way restaurants. Also some bars sell "cups of tea" refilled from behind the bar.

Edited by VocalNeal

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mr Sabot,I will make it my business if some drunk annoys me because he can't control himself, when there are a bunch of drinkers drinking together, there are usually one or two who go off the rails. (pun intended).

Fine, answer the OPs question and start a thread about another topic if you feel so strongly about it.

Drunks annoy you, posters who can't stick to a topic annoy many of the readers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Fine, answer the OPs question and start a thread about another topic if you feel so strongly about it.

Drunks annoy you, posters who can't stick to a topic annoy many of the readers.

The topic is about drink, I'm sure Mr Mod will take the appropiate action if anyone goes too far off topic.

Oh thanks for that stupid reply the army does not take tea money. I have an established store which is part of the hotel establishment. I also have my alcohol licences. So I will ask the question again, and only helpful replays please with constructive comments. I have a convience store inside a hotel, I would like to know if I could sell alcohol on the buddist holidays July 11, and 12..

So, you have an established store and the relevant alcohol license. This is probably a dumb question & no doubt you'll be offended by it... but here goes. Why ask the question here ? Wouldn't it be just a little wiser to inquire at the appropriate government department ? You know, the one where you obtained the alcohol license. Just a thought But what would I know.

• Like 1

So WHAT if you're a retired pensioner? What do you want them to do? Make an exception for you?

Of COURSE the checkout staff can tell if someone wanting to buy alcohol is underage but are you really so out of touch that you don't realise that kids routinely get an (albeit irresponsible) adult to buy it for them?

Fer cryin' out loud

rolleyes.gif

Who holds the licences, the store or the hotel ?

If the Hotel then possibly you could sell uder the guesthouse clause (assuming you sell food). If it is the store then no you cannot legally sell..... same same 7/11 family marts etc etc.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

Thanks to those who posted relevant replies. thumbsup.gif

A friend is arriving from overseas on Friday morning, but I didn't want to travel from Isaan to the big city without having the possibility of a game of pool and a few cold ones! SO, taking no chances I'm here already! burp.gif and the hotel receptionist did tell me that Friday 11. is the absolutely no alcohol day............Cheers biggrin.png

Not everybody on this forum lives in Thailand. I for example go to Thailand regularly for holidays for a couple of weeks. When on holiday I like to go out every night. Which usually involves drinking. 1st thing I look for when booking a holiday, don't go when the moon is full.

Not everybody on this forum lives in Thailand. I for example go to Thailand regularly for holidays for a couple of weeks. When on holiday I like to go out every night. Which usually involves drinking. 1st thing I look for when booking a holiday, don't go when the moon is full.

That's very true, when you come for your holidays, go have a drink, enjoy yourself. Most of all keep sober, and 99/9% of the times, you will be safe. Have a good time.