Calls for Thai TV soap opera to be dropped

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dear General should gather up the program makers for all TV stations and ask them if any of them have a brain big enough to think of something more interesting and intelligent to make programs about. These people get paid good money to come up with endless streams of banal garbage and have the audacity to call them programs.

One wonders if it is all part of the plan to keep the natives dumbed down, which is something that has been successfully achieved now for several decades. Time for a new beginning in so many ways and ridding the public of this TV trash would be a good start.

• Like 1

The Dear General should gather up the program makers for all TV stations and ask them if any of them have a brain big enough to think of something more interesting and intelligent to make programs about. These people get paid good money to come up with endless streams of banal garbage and have the audacity to call them programs.

One wonders if it is all part of the plan to keep the natives dumbed down, which is something that has been successfully achieved now for several decades. Time for a new beginning in so many ways and ridding the public of this TV trash would be a good start.

The Dear General has one of the finest weapons available in the Thai soaps. If properly structured they could be used to re-educate the Thai's. On the other hand, is that a good idea?

"The soap drama tells of violent conflict between a mother and daughter, both of whom were intimately involved with the same man who worked as a male prostitute".

Just art imitating life, then. What's can be wrong with that?

Darn !!! I saw this headline, and I thought that Prayuth had canceled all the insane

Even generals have wifes, and crossing out those Thai soaps is the only thing he would never dare. But nice to hear the NCPO is expected to have time to deal with that; no more problems at higher priority, all solved already

The "activist protestors" from Chiang Mai expect he will do it personally. Perhaps he will be too busy dealing with real life serious Chiang Mai family behaviour problems to deal with make-believe.

• Like 1

The Dear General has one of the finest weapons available in the Thai soaps. If properly structured they could be used to re-educate the Thai's. On the other hand, is that a good idea?

Social Engineering, it is called. Goebbels would have killed for access to TV soaps. (LOL)

Get them to switch to Coronation Street.... Tracey Barlow is quite a character now, and sure to amuse the Thais..

Your reference to Coronation Street Robert, makes you a Brit?

As a Brit you will know that your very civilised and long standing society has given overwhelming approval to the Aussie soap Neighbours.

Clearly the Thais need a generous serving of Ramsey Street to enhance their daily lives.

Ah yes Neighbours. I always used to watch that back in the UK. Apart from the eye candy and occasional well acted strong story line it was the best laugh my daughter and I used to get. 'Toadies Tardis'. Kyle taking 'A' frames for a pitched roof to repair the only flat roof in the street. Characters wearing coats for about 10 minutes in one episode just to fit the storyline, never to be seen again. Sets changing for no apparent reason. Brilliant.

Not that it doesn't happen in programmes like Coronation Street or EastEnders of course but it's just funnier in Neighbours for some reason.

To be fair though filming a soap that plays 5 days a week is no mean feat. You're usually talking about over 2 hours or the length of an average film every week.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Darn !!! I saw this headline, and I thought that Prayuth had canceled all the insane

Thai soap operas. Would be a great move on his part. They are a poor reflection of Thai society,

and contribute to moral decay. Every show looks the same to me, people living in giant mansions,

crazy women slapping each other, lots of crying, fighting, and gay looking guys shooting each other.

These shows are extensively watched throughout Thailand, and represent a massive waste of

time.......... Every farang here on TV has a wife/girlfriend who is glued to the television watching

these shows like it was the second coming of Christ. Or maybe with the large amount of TV members

that have a hi-so Chinese / Thai wife with family connected to high ranking policemen, their wives do not

watch the soapies. :-)

"They are a poor reflection of Thai society, and contribute to moral decay."cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

In Samui, the police watch them while on duty all the time...

• Like 1

Conflicting morals on tv are a way for kids to learn if they see the results of immoral actions. It depends how the show is done. If they have an affair and get away with it people think 'ok, it's fine to do that'. If they get caught and there is heartache and divorce and a custody battle over the kids and you see the man move into a hotel room and lose his job and his life fall apart - then the children will see it and think 'Oh, that is so serious'. Though I personally think 99% of the Thai soaps should be banned just because they are usually total crap !

I think they should look for some videos of "Crossroads" Thai workmen should be well aquainted with sets built to the standards used on this top quality UK soup opera and would go down jolly well in places like Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket for starters.

• Like 2

Anything someone doesn't like now in Thailand they want to run to daddy (General daddy) and cry.

Can you keep your thinly veiled 'anti coup' crap to yourself and stick to the topic ? You can go running to your daddy in Dubai and cry there wink.pngclap2.gif

It's certainly anti coup as expected but this time he does make a good point as well.

• Like 2

Aren't all Thai soaps exactly the same, same storyline? Screaming tantrum throwing little rich bitches fighting over one rich guy.

Guns! Don`t forget the guns ... always running around threatening to shoot/shooting one another!

Anything someone doesn't like now in Thailand they want to run to daddy (General daddy) and cry.

Can you keep your thinly veiled 'anti coup' crap to yourself and stick to the topic ? You can go running to your daddy in Dubai and cry there wink.pngclap2.gif

It's certainly anti coup as expected but this time he does make a good point as well.

I'm not so sure about that kimamey. Now, when things are brought to the General's attention, he usually attempts to delegate responsibility to his capable staff to solve the various problems.

Things are getting fixed.

In the past very few bothered to contact Yingluck as she was too busy monitoring the rice cream, shopping or flying to distant places.

• Like 2

Thai soap operas. Would be a great move on his part. They are a poor reflection of Thai society,

and contribute to moral decay. Every show looks the same to me, people living in giant mansions,

crazy women slapping each other, lots of crying, fighting, and gay looking guys shooting each other.

These shows are extensively watched throughout Thailand, and represent a massive waste of

time.......... Every farang here on TV has a wife/girlfriend who is glued to the television watching

these shows like it was the second coming of Christ. Or maybe with the large amount of TV members

that have a hi-so Chinese / Thai wife with family connected to high ranking policemen, their wives do not

watch the soapies. :-)

Opening line of your post .. yet another reference to Prayuth... I wonder who's on your bedroom wall.

The bit about Thai soaps, totally (painfully) agree with you.

Last sentence was utter drivel ...

Or maybe with the large amount of TV members

watch the soapies

My wife doesn't really watch soaps, in her own words, 'they are pathetic', does that make her 'hi-so Chinese'? I don't think so. (Not all of us married girls half our age from the farm via a bar you know)

The last soap she watched was a couple of years back 'Reng Ngow' or something like that and the only reason WE watched that was because her cousin was in it, no she's not Thai-Chinese. Also, I'll have to double check but I'm sure there are no police in the family too.

Too late now but if you would've just refrained (if possible that is) from mentioning (again) the good man's name and cut the bile off the end, I might have even liked your post.

I would like to hear the specific rationale of why Mr. Natee (a very famous Thai "gay activist" from CM) objects to the show's plot. He has a long and colorful history of a kind of public morality crusade, something that would seem very alien to typical western gay activists. Don't let anyone ever tell you Thailand ain't different! I think he would be good subject of a film documentary himself. Probably not a soap opera though!

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=31

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1