Crazy price Ninja !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably forget to tell you about the 36 installments on finance

Most likely... That is why a good check of paperwork would be needed.

If genuine, best deal I have seen in a long time !!

That must be it! The seller is Thai (judging by the name) so most likely the bike is on finance.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

Probably a scam of some sort. I mean sure go for it but I would not be too surprised if the owner "suddenly had to move back to Italy and can arrange the bike's purchase over the phone but please send him a deposit or even the whole sum" or a variety of that sort of thing.

Classifieds sites all over the world get hit with that kinds of scam constantly. Products sold for way under value to lure in the greedy, and the transaction is not done face to face, rather you just send money off into the void... might as well throw it out the window.

Another indication this is a scam - seller just used a stock image. This is not a picture of "his bike". Google image search reveals this picture is used in 100+ different articles around the web... English text added makes it clear it's a foreigner. Scammer.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZithkV8uxsg0y1DiR3_1ZT5d8I2HMl8-OrqbDSRJZlb-Sae_1d7wggYn4BBwc5GXVcY12Rd0HjEQblGHdkbOZ6ZiXPZJAyVGdYAmqy6hFUjOhFx-Q7cPx8Vh6zx6VEaedcXk-ZFdBdMYQLqtH-UOo6-HDwKQjrRWqCTs5L8QCHfDDELJhu3D2JrYMbB8cll8tsWQI6F0zXaCXkraDswaFNnnj5j_14YdNflsHl_14oKR5sLB03sjeEcH-R04wL7RsW2_1iYR4cHh29lJHZSQfL-YOoMR8PrIjqI8bqSTgIMm3uOL67MJaelq9_12qShEkDJ7m9pVzaolMzZlCCkB8LIY_13JnNJCNrOAxwA8R4V6-mcAI521Zgd2vrqw7Le7eTMoOAyA1sqVYi9JeNH2ARhv5BvMBfIpNYmPyu89Lr24frb4M2creLsWjCpL86IRCToKljLuCoS1ngC3AWUn7Hr41k0G4Zj74a5-caQ90WxJxcCoYkRUmcizRD4rRsuUmAQCXmPGI121IEWVwe468-nqYhBKCs_1JUhOsqdEaSxXeZfODtQjh3Yb3PQaX2JJHosOW133dac5wZuPaIkUmdaHZaQX928hrwSPpMscHbmVC5_1Z46V_1zHIB278ldF7mLsIhkc44NHonedOyIJvc5v6HCAJCZU2QWG1DSpQnGV4rriUA2TP_1KiN_12Vh8vhw48q6bI2ehBcllDIWoIZI6ZvcKLp6_1uw5s1O1Ir0EtBnonpIEyzwwH02sjt2_13x5u9ICqbdML3JvZUYvim2XgndsQCGnf9vpapLZCV9LY_1KvzUX9jv6brcs3U-INNObnnTWPWCEeJkP43Zv5_12J4ybPrI1cM6nomdnDCAf19fVK8CcKu_1L3ARE_1TFA4GDFE59lBGhy2BSRAm4aBzOqx4-dxg1VrnFAEWn2wJkTw3TKTPCH6um6qlnPPC748BoE5cvTiWPS0Fen4fvlX1L2aYzQBDW3zFMkE_1NZ_1ckPAB9nubLkCri9ujMDcY_1R536ioUx7gUeuh8MpZ3edQyCCchX3MrRVLCNVIR8yWz_1ceesycwIgaE6YoCeJuu7rslJR-KEZPO9g13n8zH83Uyoakk05HRzwAs4jJ0HXZzemMR76nJeZn84OsaAO3zRVTo1enX5AICb7GvMBo8Su3QjJG7_1r9f0G2XbW3470N41ZuYtVDm1in6avgCL9vVqmy-tFEH92UNrvKGcc25s4-955ft4fLyreIDmroU7hOtFUGW_1JUGEoP2LJPaSiRLGLmKwVck3YuCD3VTYCGaBNvwBkFh5aeK19v9Td8A2kv3-Kus29ImRP-FGzs53XTNGLxCgiDmpsJTmDNFzxhwnVrBHQznkrx-_1EuDmDspRpsY0s0YXJy0xzshzUG-AycRmfrIGmeVejJNiWYA-M9Yfhl_1vqvqyGGS6vfsK7D5WdX6eJEGrm6aj4d_1Jb3scHdfOZvOw&safe=off&biw=1418&bih=954&site=imghp&sa=X&ei=PZnAU4GuNdCWuASTlIHQBg&ved=0CBoQ9Q8oAA

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

Actually the seller states

"genuine reason for sale , sell 180,000 for quick sale.

Please no more stupid questions , its as new , less than 6 months old and not on finance ."

So no finance & could be he actually has his reasons

There are many who are willing to lose some $$ in an emergency need for cash time.

As to him being Thai I doubt it...The internet name is no

indication & his English is quite good.

If I were interested I would just go look

I will say recently I have seen killer deals even locally here in CM

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Probably a scam of some sort. I mean sure go for it but I would not be too surprised if the owner "suddenly had to move back to Italy and can arrange the bike's purchase over the phone but please send him a deposit or even the whole sum" or a variety of that sort of thing.

Classifieds sites all over the world get hit with that kinds of scam constantly. Products sold for way under value to lure in the greedy, and the transaction is not done face to face, rather you just send money off into the void... might as well throw it out the window.

Another indication this is a scam - seller just used a stock image. This is not a picture of "his bike". Google image search reveals this picture is used in 100+ different articles around the web... English text added makes it clear it's a foreigner. Scammer.

Yeah I think it was clear to everyone it's a stock photo.

I emailed asking if it was financed and got the reply from an email with a Thai name in it, "No finance I paid cash for it", I have asked for original photo's as I have a friend that is interested if it is a legit sale.

Edited by NomadJoe

I am sure if the seller just sell it kawa dealer back, he can more than 180 k sure. Sounds like a scam to me too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I emailed too... Also asked for more photos :)

Asked if he had done the service at Kwaka.

His reply "it is brand new, why would I service a bike with only 2500k on it" ?

The phone no. in the add doesn't work but will ask a friend to go look at it, if I can get an address.

Oh, one thing I wanted to ask you guys that have bought new bikes here.

If you pay cash for a bike, do you then have to wait for the normal plates to be issued (ie, get rid of the red plates) before your name goes into the green book

Do you get the green book with the new plates or do you get it when you take the bike out the shop ??

Never bought a new bike :)

You wait to get the green book and plates. 2-6 weeks.

Ok thanks Nomad.

The guy in the add says the bike is still on red plates, after 6 months ??

Shouldn't be after 6 months. Thai's like to keep red plates on long after needed for reasons of vanity. Next question would be does he have a book for it.

Ad has been removed so we will probably never know if it was real, scam or stolen.

Ok thanks Nomad.

I've heard sometimes the new car owners have to wait for white plates for over a year, presumably they couldn't stamp the new plates fast enough (???) never heard it happened with bikes though. Like Nomad said, it doesn't take very long, it was about 6 weeks in my case.

Ask him if he got a green book, I guess if no white plates then there's no book either? Would be harder to transfer the ownership I think.

I think I am just going to buy a new bike from a dealership. Been putting it off for too long, various reasons.

At least I will now where I stand and can look after the bike properly.

Now if only Yamaha would release the MT-07 before I get back from work this time :)

• Like 1

Ok thanks Nomad.

I've heard sometimes the new car owners have to wait for white plates for over a year, presumably they couldn't stamp the new plates fast enough (???) never heard it happened with bikes though. Like Nomad said, it doesn't take very long, it was about 6 weeks in my case.

Ask him if he got a green book, I guess if no white plates then there's no book either? Would be harder to transfer the ownership I think.

I don't know about other provinces but in CM when I bought a new Kawasaki took 3-4 months for plates & green book

Honda wave at Honda dealer took like 6 months

But that was in 2013 & I think around that time it was a common wait here

due to something about the white on the plates being bad etc

I did eventually get all paper work & plates for both

I think I am just going to buy a new bike from a dealership. Been putting it off for too long, various reasons.

At least I will now where I stand and can look after the bike properly.

Now if only Yamaha would release the MT-07 before I get back from work this time smile.png

I'd wait, I think the next year models will start showing up soon. I'm waiting myself for the next year models, been itching to buy a new bike for a while but still waiting.

Ok thanks Nomad.

I don't know about other provinces but in CM when I bought a new Kawasaki took 3-4 months for plates & green book

Honda wave at Honda dealer took like 6 months

But that was in 2013 & I think around that time it was a common wait here

due to something about the white on the plates being bad etc

There was quite a delay for quite a while after the floods. Perhaps it was that.

ZX6 (636) full electronic coming soon then the Ninja resale prices will drop for sure...

If it does come in, the price will be at least 650K (I'm basing that on the $11,700 US MSRP using the 77% import tax hit, which is how the unrestricted Japanese literbikes are calculated- add 50K for the ABS version)- it will be in such a different category cost-wise that I doubt it would have much of an effect on the second-hand 650cc Kawasaki market.

It would be nice to see it in the showroom, though.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

ZX6 (636) full electronic coming soon then the Ninja resale prices will drop for sure...

If it does come in, the price will be at least 650K (I'm basing that on the $11,700 US MSRP using the 77% import tax hit, which is how the unrestricted Japanese literbikes are calculated- add 50K for the ABS version)- it will be in such a different category cost-wise that I doubt it would have much of an effect on the second-hand 650cc Kawasaki market.

It would be nice to see it in the showroom, though.

Yeah it would have to be priced like the Thai assembled bikes to make any impact in the existing Thai assembled bikes, which I doubt will ever happen with any of the big 4 super sports. But if it was, it could come in at around 385k.

Black.jpg

x5.jpg

• Like 1