Israel is using a sledgehammer to crack nuts

Lite Beer

By the way, plenty was done between The Balfour Declaration and  WW2. The Arabs and the Jews were fighting each other and both sides were fighting the Brits.

And this negotiation was with the British, that bastion of democracy, who gave the world that enduring legacy - the concentration camp.

Which is what the government of Israel has made in Palestine.

Edited by seedy

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, plenty was done between The Balfour Declaration and  WW2. The Arabs and the Jews were fighting each other and both sides were fighting the Brits.

And this negotiation was with the British, that bastion of democracy, who gave the world that enduring legacy - the concentration camp.

A "concentration camp" with an obesity problem and luxury restaurants and shopping centers.  Yeah sure. whistling.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaDmAyt84g

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

israel fired rockets into buildings they KNEW had women and children.57 seconds after giving a "so called warning" 29 Children murdered since last tuesday, all in the name if the 3 Israeli teenage boys murdered. The fact is Israel is a terrorist state, albeit a democracy,and occupying land illegally. The USA bankroll it because its politicians have to get elected with the Jewish vote. Palestine will get more help with armaments and money because of this and Israel wont be safe or deserve to be.

The Jewish population of the US is about 2%.  There is currently a split between those who tend to be conservative Republican leaning AIPAC types and Democratic leaning progressives. Clearly the "Jewish vote" is not as critical as say the HIspanic vote.  Whether Israel is a terrorist state is as much up for debate as to whether Al Quaida is a terrorist organization.  Israel no longer occupies large tracts of the former Jordanian lands of the West Bank and does not occupy Gaza.  Your last sentences lacks a certain logic, but yes, there are many like yourself who feel that the cruel tides of history should not apply to the killers of Christ and they are happy to contemplate the demise of another 6 million Jews.

• Like 2

If Hamas stops firing rockets, Israel will stop responding to them. No civilized country would put up with its children being kidnapped and murdered and thousands of rockets being aimed at its cities by a terrorist group that has been calling for its destruction for decades. Yes, Israel's defensive measures are mostly working, but that is no thanks to Hamas, who want to murder as many innocent civilians as they can and have done so before the separation wall and Iron Dome became so effective at stopping their terrorist strikes. 

This much we know: Israel lives under constant threat from terrorists who would like nothing better than to exterminate the Jewish state that they consider an outright abomination. 
This much we have also come to understand: In polite society, it is increasingly fashionable to roll one’s eyes or outright indict Israel for daring to defend itself against those who aim to indiscriminately kill its people and undermine its right to exist.
The cycle continues as Hamas fires hundreds of rockets at Israeli cities, and Israel responds with far more precise and effective salvos at terrorists. All too predictably, international condemnation is starting to come Israel’s way.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/playing-death-card-article-1.1863872?comment=true

israel fired rockets into buildings they KNEW had women and children.57 seconds after giving a "so called warning" 29 Children murdered since last tuesday, all in the name if the 3 Israeli teenage boys murdered. The fact is Israel is a terrorist state, albeit a democracy,and occupying land illegally. The USA bankroll it because its politicians have to get elected with the Jewish vote. Palestine will get more help with armaments and money because of this and Israel wont be safe or deserve to be.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/10/gaza-israel-war.html.
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please provide a link that actually works. For some strange reason, I don't trust your version of what supposedly happened. whistling.gif
You are not interested in facts, only the IDF murderers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by kingalfred

I would suggest that the rhetoric be toned down and that care be exercised in using words like 'terrorist' and 'murderer' as well as other emotive terms.  

Off-topic post deleted.  

Please provide a link that actually works. For some strange reason, I don't trust your version of what supposedly happened. 

I mast assume that the story is not as you described it, which is why you refuse to provide a legitimate source. wink.png

Please provide a link that actually works. For some strange reason, I don't trust your version of what supposedly happened. 

I mast assume that the story is not as you described it, which is why you refuse to provide a legitimate source. wink.png
its everywhere in the news. http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/seconds-warning-destroys.html

If Hamas stops firing rockets, Israel will stop responding to them. No civilized country would put up with its children being kidnapped and murdered and thousands of rockets being aimed at its cities by a terrorist group that has been calling for its destruction for decades. Yes, Israel's defensive measures are mostly working, but that is no thanks to Hamas, who want to murder as many innocent civilians as they can and have done so before the separation wall and Iron Dome became so effective at stopping their terrorist strikes. 

This much we know: Israel lives under constant threat from terrorists who would like nothing better than to exterminate the Jewish state that they consider an outright abomination. 
This much we have also come to understand: In polite society, it is increasingly fashionable to roll one’s eyes or outright indict Israel for daring to defend itself against those who aim to indiscriminately kill its people and undermine its right to exist.
The cycle continues as Hamas fires hundreds of rockets at Israeli cities, and Israel responds with far more precise and effective salvos at terrorists. All too predictably, international condemnation is starting to come Israel’s way.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/playing-death-card-article-1.1863872?comment=true

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/10/gaza-israel-war.html.

Please provide a link that actually works. For some strange reason, I don't trust your version of what supposedly happened. whistling.gif

I think he means that the link provided is dead. If you could provide another one, it may be easier to relate to your post.

I seriously doubt Israeli forces knowingly and intentionally fire at women and children, there's quite a bit of evidence to calling off attacks on these grounds (a link to a live feed clip from an IAF attack was posted in one of these topics yesterday).

As for warning prior to attacks - Hamas does not provide any warning. Israeli citizens got between 15 sec to 3 minutes to get in a shelter when alarm sounds. The Israeli way of warning is rather more elaborate than you portray - there is first a warning by either leaflets, phone call, sms or radio, then civilians are given time to clear (which is minimum about 1 minute, but often more), then they fire a dud shell/rocket/missile (non-lethal unless you stand in its way) which is more noise than firepower, then wait some more, after all this is done the real attack is carried out (there was a clip showing this posted on a topic a few days ago). Rocket launchers are attacked without warning, though, this much is true.

Hamas authorities called on citizens to ignore Israeli warnings and encourage (one way or another) civilians to act as human shields. Storing rockets and hiding launchers in residential area, near hospitals, schools and mosques is not in accordance with most moral conventions regarding what's right in warfare.

• Like 2

No wonder. They called on the phone first with a warning, then they "knocked" on the roof as second warning and then they bombed it as they said they would. The human shields had plenty of opportunity to leave and refused. It is happening a lot as Hamas is encouraging civilians to "martyr" themselves..

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

its everywhere in the news. http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/seconds-warning-destroys.html

Yes, that clip shows what happens from the time the warning shot been fired.

It does not show the previous standard warning by leaflets/sms/phone/radio, and the extended waiting time

associated with them. Note that the people taking the clip stand out in the open, and not that far from a house

they know is going to be attacked (the clip rolls before the shot, which goes to show they know it's coming).

• Like 1

[quote name="Morch" post="8093344" timestamp="1405225919"][quote name="kingalfred" post="8093291" timestamp="1405225057"] [quote name="Ulysses G." post="8093275" timestamp="1405224870"] [quote name="kingalfred" post="8093230" timestamp="1405224294"] [quote name="Ulysses G." post="8093184" timestamp="1405223381"]Please provide a link that actually works. For some strange reason, I don't trust your version of what supposedly happened. [/quote]You are not interested in facts, only the IDF murderers
 [/quote]
I mast assume that the story is not as you described it, which is why you refuse to provide a legitimate source. wink.png[/quote]its everywhere in the news. http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/seconds-warning-destroys.html

[/quote]

Yes, that clip shows what happens from the time the warning shot been fired.
It does not show the previous standard warning by leaflets/sms/phone/radio, and the extended waiting time
associated with them. Note that the people taking the clip stand out in the open, and not that far from a house
they know is going to be attacked (the clip rolls before the shot, which goes to show they know it's coming).

[/quote]ahhh. The way some will try and explain and justify a country's acts that kills women in a disabled/handicapped home, so much for mossad and the IDF

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/10963663/Israel-kills-two-handicapped-Palestinian-women-in-air-strike-on-home-for-disabled.html
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile

Edited by kingalfred

What does Israel expect ?  They invaded the country, and enslaved the resident population..

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  whistling.gif

I seem to recall that after WW2 that the Jewish people, responding to a call from their religion, returned to what they believed was their "Promised Land", evicted the residents, and started to build a country called Israel.

With the connivance of the Western world, to the detriment of the resident population.

By 1947 (after WWII, before the relevant UN resolution) Jews amounted to about a third of the population, perhaps a bit more than that. The Brits did not allow free immigration of Jews from Europe after WWII.

The reasons for the Jews flocking to Israel were only partly religious, many of them were secular. Historical heritage, rather than purely religious one, played a part for many of them. There was no mass "eviction" of Arab population prior to the war of 1948, the Jews mostly settled on lands purchased rightfully or in cities. In some cases they settled in lands which were not really sought after (desert and swamp etc.). The foundations of Israel were in place well before the end of WWII.

• Like 2

Antisemitism was alive and well after WW2, in most if not all countries in the world.

Facing the difficult question of what to do with the remaining Jewish population in Europe, the Western and Eastern countries, upon hearing that they would like to return to their homeland of aprox 2000 years ago, responded ...

Who lives there now ?  No one of consequence, just some Arab people. So let them invade and colonize.

This does not in any way negate the Terrorism that the Israeli people have - and continue - to reign on the Palestinian people.

If someone came into my country, flattened my house with a bulldozer, cut off my electricity and water, and waged economic warfare on me, I might fire a few rockets too.

And I am not Anti anything except Anti Fanatic

You're not anti anything except anti facts.  There are no Israeli forces in the Gaza Strip, and no settlements for quite a few years now.  There were no house flattened, nor facilities denied  that had nothing to do with terrorist attack on Israel.  The economic warfare you allude to is maintained by Egypt as well, no rockets fired their way much.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for  Israel, they do need to show their strength otherwise these attacks will never end.

Yes, it's certainly worked up to now, hasn't it?

How about they stop building on Palestinian territory, adhere to existing UN resolutions and actually get serious about peace talks?

• Like 2

I feel sorry for  Israel, they do need to show their strength otherwise these attacks will never end.

Yes, it's certainly worked up to now, hasn't it?

How about they stop building on Palestinian territory, adhere to existing UN resolutions and actually get serious about peace talks?

They have been building in Gaza? The rockets are coming from Gaza, dude. I agree Israel could get more serious about talks but I also think they have a good point that talking to Hamas which is dedicated to their destruction and refuses to ever recognize Israel is an easy thing to miss. 

• Like 1

What does Israel expect ?  They invaded the country, and enslaved the resident population..

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  whistling.gif

I seem to recall that after WW2 that the Jewish people, responding to a call from their religion, returned to what they believed was their "Promised Land", evicted the residents, and started to build a country called Israel.

With the connivance of the Western world, to the detriment of the resident population.

Seems that you mostly got it wrong again. Go back and do some serious study.

Antisemitism was alive and well after WW2, in most if not all countries in the world.

Facing the difficult question of what to do with the remaining Jewish population in Europe, the Western and Eastern countries, upon hearing that they would like to return to their homeland of aprox 2000 years ago, responded ...

Who lives there now ?  No one of consequence, just some Arab people. So let them invade and colonize.

This does not in any way negate the Terrorism that the Israeli people have - and continue - to reign on the Palestinian people.

If someone came into my country, flattened my house with a bulldozer, cut off my electricity and water, and waged economic warfare on me, I might fire a few rockets too.

And I am not Anti anything except Anti Fanatic

Is this your evidence? lol

Some only believe what they want to believe, regardless of the truth.  whistling.gif

• Like 1

Please provide evidence they were absent and the reason for it, if you can not, then please do not post nonsense and save it for your anti Israel group who invents history, starts to believe it and worst of all expect others to believe it

Jews lost their control of Palestine around 2000 years ago.    You have anything to refute that?   Post it.

There was no Palestine 2000 years ago. There was nothing to lose control over. Biblically It was the Israelites and the Promised Land of israel.

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1

To all of those complaining about Israel and the US it is utterly futile. Remember it was only 20 years ago that the major fund raiser for the IRA another terrorist organization was the US. The people in the US thought the IRA had a legitimate right to kill British soldiers. The US funding of Israel is never going to stop.

Call US politics wrong and it is an opinion, call Israeli politics wrong snd suddenly it's Anti-semetic. The whole thing is sadly pathetic and the cost is innocent human lives on all sides. I am just staggered in this day and age with all the cutting edge media at the hands of everyone how easily people are duped, conned and the subject of mass hypnotism. It's amazing!

Methinks the "Gentleman" doth protest too much.

NOBODY is saying, nobody has said, that all criticisms of Israeli government policies, past/present/future are motivated by antisemitism.

Some are. 

Some aren't.

It's also completely absurd to not recognize that there is plenty of anti-Israel sentiment that is most definitely antisemitic in nature.

It's sometimes easy to detect that and sometimes not.

• Like 2

There is no Palestine.

To all of those complaining about Israel and the US it is utterly futile. Remember it was only 20 years ago that the major fund raiser for the IRA another terrorist organization was the US. The people in the US thought the IRA had a legitimate right to kill British soldiers. The US funding of Israel is never going to stop.

Call US politics wrong and it is an opinion, call Israeli politics wrong snd suddenly it's Anti-semetic. The whole thing is sadly pathetic and the cost is innocent human lives on all sides. I am just staggered in this day and age with all the cutting edge media at the hands of everyone how easily people are duped, conned and the subject of mass hypnotism. It's amazing!

Methinks the "Gentleman" doth protest too much.
NOBODY is saying, nobody has said, that all criticisms of Israeli government policies, past/present/future are motivated by antisemitism.
Some are. 
Some aren't.
It's also completely absurd to not recognize that there is plenty of anti-Israel sentiment that is most definitely antisemitic in nature.
It's sometimes easy to detect that and sometimes not.

Whatever.
  • Like 1

Some interesting comments on the conduct of Israel during this flareup in Gaza:

Snippet only, you need to read the article to have read the article:

First, it’s important not to get consumed by whether you love or hate Israel. There will be other wars in other places. We need to build rules that apply everywhere. Second, we don’t need to debate the conduct of Hamas. Hamas rejects the whole idea that it’s wrong to target civilians. So behaving better than Hamas isn’t a standard worth talking about. Let’s focus instead on what Israel is doing.

Do these factors—the fatality rate, the warnings, the shields—make Israel's conduct acceptable? I'll leave that to you. Either way, we need to cut through the propaganda on both sides, analyze the best information on the ground, and put it in context. In some ways, Israel is raising the standards of what can be expected in warfare. Our job is to clarify those standards and hold everybody to them, including Israel.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2014/07/gaza_civilian_casualties_a_closer_look_at_the_death_toll_israel_s_warnings.html

Edited by Jingthing

https://plus.google.com/+Israel/posts/3ggSRtrBaWQ

International law is often misused by anti-Israeli speakers while referring to the conflict in the Middle East. 

Understanding the law is crucial while trying to understand the events:

1. Israel issues warnings to civilians before launching strikes in Gaza

2. Hamas announced that it's firing rockets at civilians, not military targets

3. Hamas uses its own people as human shields urging them to ignore IDF warnings and firing rockets from densely populated locations thus committing a war crime.

Edited by maxjay