No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

Did anybody read this line in the story: "Visa runners are those who leave Thailand and return immediately for the purpose of extending their stay."

Seems pretty clear to me.

But does that include double or triple entry visas issued in home country which are not back to back? Ive been coming to relax for 180 days every Winter for the last 8 years. The only work I do is in the bedroom. I do go out and straight back in sometimes. Will I be regarded as a 'visa runner'? Is there any way Thaivisa.com can seek clarification on this please, or request our embassies to get this clarified on behalf of their citizens? Im sure they are best placed to point out the inconsistency of issuing multiple entry tourist visas if they are not accepted for re-entry. After all the 2nd or 3rd entry is: "for the purpose of extending their stay". If out/in is banned and we must stay out, then surely we should be told for how long. Luckily my passport is only 1 yr old so only shows my triple entry for last Winter, only one entry of which was an out/in.

I am in your same situation.

I am a seasonal tourist, i can say respected in Thailand by Thais. Never had problems.

I just want to be sure I can do the same next winter (dry season in Thailand), with a double visa 60 days +eventually 1 extention , go to Australia for a short holiday, go back to Thailand for two more months using the second entry and eventually an extention and...go back home ...

My proper visa is defintely and can only be a tourist visa.

I think I shouldn t have any problem, but I bloody hate the lack of clear rules.

Anyway, starting from 12 August, let's check Thaivisa for the first witnesses about what it is happening.

How many days and entries is said in the stamp, but mentioned before, an entry doesn't secure an entry into the country and which is what this crackdown is also about.

Just because it has been possible, doesn't mean it has been correct. Many things in Thailand has been possible, even though it's against laws and rules.

You wrote that i have been abusing the system with my ED visa, what was your claim, so you are the one talking about abusing.

Stop acting like people are entitled to stay here as tourist for years and years. Which visa is proper for him, depends on the individual person.

I am 36 and i got a non-immigrant O (guardian but not married visa), actually just extended with another year today. So please don't come and tell me that i am abusing any system here, because i had to go to court go get joint custody for my daughter and prove that she is my daughter, to be able to be here and provide for her. It actually made me very angry when you make such assumption, because of all the difficulties it has been to get a proper visa and do things the right way, I don't want to abuse any system here, because i got a daughter and i got responsibilities, so abuse a system and end up getting kicked out is NOT an option for me.

Ok.... nothing again...no any facts, just assumptions and a nice family story.... good luck for you... but please don't judge the others based on assumptions and prejudices.... have a nice day....

( please read this....maybe better to understand yourself... and the pompous smugs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome )

i mean i go where i want to go,and not where thai immigration or stupid thai nationalists want me to go

and of course its also up to me,the more i pay the best i get..as this thai elite card visa proves

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

<snip>

I married instead and that I did, I haven't regret that decision one bit (yet) biggrin.png

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

I hope you didn't marry for the visa. Your wife instead of the visa becomes risky. Many get cleaned out, take care.

I am already married 3 years+ ago, and you would be damm stupid to marry because of a visa

And for your concern, my wife is already my sole inheritor (with both a will here and overseas) and has full knowledge over my finances and I AM STILL ALIVE. And sorry for trusting my wife.

I like your sense of humor. Sole inheritor, you're so funny.

@mjcm, dont let that particular poster get under your skin - I'm convinced that's what he comes here for. You are casting pearls before swine with some of the usual suspects I'm afraid.

Thanks, but I just can't stand people who thinks that ALL Thai Girls are bad or Hookers !

Aaah we can only wish wink.png

You are like the relative that comes for a week and lands up staying until kicked out biggrin.png

Jesus Christ thats up to me ..i mean if i want to go home..that should be my business second the welcoming attitude can be half way.welcome is ok not welcome is fine..but dont pretend to be both of them

Nobody said they (you) are not welcome, just don't overstay that welcome.

Hello Spain, Greece, Italy...

Don't you Europeans have enough playgrounds, where you have sun, women and drink?

No visa hassles, and you can work online?

What is it about this country that is so fantastic?

Surely not just the exchange benefit...

Exactly ! That s what i am talking about.

The motto is " are you a genuine tourist ? do you want to spend your winter vacation in Thailand ? don't you have any problem or illegal activity and you come solely to spend your money ? Go away , hated farang ! Go to Greece, Caribbeans, go away ! in Thailand we don't want tourists ! "

You just said that !

Very smart indeed. You should propose it to the Tourism Department of Thailand. "Go away, farang !" slogan

Go home. Come back next year. If 90 days is insufficient - so what?

Unfortunately it is not up to you at all. It is up to Thai immigration so what I say has as little effect as you. No point in getting all steamed up about it. passifier.gif

I still maintain all tourists are welcome - but only as long as they stay only up till the maximum period allowed. It doesn't matter one bit if this suits your plans or not.

Again and again and again.

Which is the maximum period allowed ??

Tell me.

Is a double visa still ok ?

Two entry with two extension ?

How many days outside between the two ?

If you tell me which are the rules, thank you.

But nobody here seems to know.

It is UP TO THE MOOD OF THE INMIGRATION OFFICIER.

If he THINKS you are not a tourist because he had a bad night sleep, you are kicked out even if you are a 100% legit tourist.

What is allowed and what is not ? Tell me.

• Like 2

How many days and entries is said in the stamp, but mentioned before, an entry doesn't secure an entry into the country and which is what this crackdown is also about.

Just because it has been possible, doesn't mean it has been correct. Many things in Thailand has been possible, even though it's against laws and rules.

You wrote that i have been abusing the system with my ED visa, what was your claim, so you are the one talking about abusing.

Stop acting like people are entitled to stay here as tourist for years and years. Which visa is proper for him, depends on the individual person.

I am 36 and i got a non-immigrant O (guardian but not married visa), actually just extended with another year today. So please don't come and tell me that i am abusing any system here, because i had to go to court go get joint custody for my daughter and prove that she is my daughter, to be able to be here and provide for her. It actually made me very angry when you make such assumption, because of all the difficulties it has been to get a proper visa and do things the right way, I don't want to abuse any system here, because i got a daughter and i got responsibilities, so abuse a system and end up getting kicked out is NOT an option for me.

Ok.... nothing again...no any facts, just assumptions and a nice family story.... good luck for you... but please don't judge the others based on assumptions and prejudices.... have a nice day....

( please read this....maybe better to understand yourself... and the pompous smugs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome )

Haha, your questions was answered, but some of the question doesn't have a direct answer, such as how many days, what visa is best for him.

Enjoy yourself, and stop assuming, because it is quite clear who are making assumptions here such as your link and the claim that i have been abusing my ED visa.

Hypocrisy when it's best, SMH!

Edited by Iumentum

@mjcm, dont let that particular poster get under your skin - I'm convinced that's what he comes here for. You are casting pearls before swine with some of the usual suspects I'm afraid.

Thanks, but I just can't stand people who thinks that ALL Thai Girls are bad or Hookers !

Aaah we can only wish wink.png

Agreed, but if people stopped wishing what does the world would be like ? thumbsup.gif

... They stayed with two back to back tourist visas. Retirement visas are not an option, they are not retiring in Thailand. They are tourists enjoying winter months in the sun.

As Immigration said "If they are genuine tourists that's fine". No problem.

They can just get one of those 6 month seasonal tourist visas which don't exist.

Either a new seasonal visa is introduced or they will be forced to do a 'visa run'. Visa run is now banned so seasonal tourists who want to stay for a full winter are now banned.

... They stayed with two back to back tourist visas. Retirement visas are not an option, they are not retiring in Thailand. They are tourists enjoying winter months in the sun.

They can just get one of those 6 month seasonal tourist visas which don't exist.

Either a new seasonal visa is introduced or they will be forced to do a 'visa run'. Visa run is now banned so seasonal tourists who want to stay for a full winter are now banned.

Nothing states that visa run is banned completely. Continuously visa runs and people with a long history of visa runs are those this scheme is aimed for.

• Like 1

yes what i have been saying.

The more you want to spend, the most hated you are. They kick you out, because you choose Thailand again and want to stay in a longer holiday and spend more money.

"Farang go away !" new tourism motto...

You can spend the winter holiday in any country you want except Thailand which doesn t want genuine tourists. That's it.

The system abusers will find their ways to stay, they have nothing to lose.

Don't you Europeans have enough playgrounds, where you have sun, women and drink?

The motto is " are you a genuine tourist ? do you want to spend your winter vacation in Thailand ? don't you have any problem or illegal activity and you come solely to spend your money ? Go away , hated farang ! Go to Greece, Caribbeans, go away ! in Thailand we don't want tourists ! "

You just said that !

Very smart indeed. You should propose it to the Tourism Department of Thailand. "Go away, farang !" slogan

So are double entry visas being abolished ?

90 days are insufficient, because i want to spend time in Thailand, go to Australia and go back to Thailand...

I want to do that with a double entry, but I don't want to be refused at the airport in my first or second entry only because an officier had a bad night sleep. Is that mean i am a drug dealer, a illegal teacher, a trouble maker ? (all terms used here by some posters against long term tourists).

I want to stay in Asia 5 months and use Thailand as base for my first arrival and my last return.

A bad mood officier might think I am not a real tourist ?

Not likely, but there are arseh...s sometimes and I don't want to depend on the mood of anybody. Got it ?

I want to know if my plan contrasts with the new rules of Thailand. yes or not.

If it is not ok, i will plan my trip otherwise, if it is ok, i will procede with Amsterdam-Bangkok Bangkok-Sydney-Bangkok -Amsterdam everything ready before travelling without the need to be worried. Am i asking too much ?

From the confused mess of press releases and actual reports, nobody can tell you for sure, but from what you are describing you should obviously not be considered anything else but a normal tourist, with plans that do not include parking your butt in Thailand for six to twelve months... Do this every year and you will be the model tourist they are seeking.

From the confused mess of press releases and actual reports, nobody can tell you for sure, but from what you are describing you should obviously not be considered anything else but a normal tourist, with plans that do not include parking your butt in Thailand for six to twelve months... Do this every year and you will be the model tourist they are seeking.

model tourist my ass.Thais created pattaya and patong now blame farang because they go lol

i mean i go where i want to go,and not where thai immigration or stupid thai nationalists want me to go

and of course its also up to me,the more i pay the best i get..as this thai elite card visa proves

Edited by kaobang

In my opinion the 5/6 month stayers are not tourists. I know several people in the building industry who come to Thailand for October to March and return to Europe to work in the spring and summer months.

No way can they be classed as tourists so the appropriate visa becomes necessary.

You are like the relative that comes for a week and lands up staying until kicked out biggrin.png

Jesus Christ thats up to me ..i mean if i want to go home..that should be my business second the welcoming attitude can be half way.welcome is ok not welcome is fine..but dont pretend to be both of them

You just said that !

Unfortunately it is not up to you at all. It is up to Thai immigration so what I say has as little effect as you. No point in getting all steamed up about it. passifier.gif

I still maintain all tourists are welcome - but only as long as they stay only up till the maximum period allowed. It doesn't matter one bit if this suits your plans or not.

Tell me.

If he THINKS you are not a tourist because he had a bad night sleep, you are kicked out even if you are a 100% legit tourist.

subjective. It's all getting repetitive this.

In my opinion the 5/6 month stayers are not tourists. I know several people in the building industry who come to Thailand for October to March and return to Europe to work in the spring and summer months.

No way can they be classed as tourists so the appropriate visa becomes necessary.

why they cant be classed as tourists??

-----------

The model ! Thanks. I am ashamed. I don't pretend much. I just want to be hassle free , with no reason to worry about, i mean the perfect holiday, you know what i mean.My tickets, my holiday plans and no reason to be worried to be kicked out because I go to Thailand every year for the dry season. Thanks for the model tourist. I am not sure Thais think the same way.

I will keep checking posts starting from the D-day 12 August and see what will happen.

This is still subject to actual proof. Currently I am under the impression you can go to Thailand Elite staff in BKK and they'll run to Changwattana for you, gaining you another 1y stamp while in Thailand. But nobody has done it yet, as the TE program is quite new. Let's see what the reality is after one year.

The actual rules & regulations under which the PE visa you get by subscribing to TE is handled are still unknown to me. I've tried digging, but no results so far.

The TE program has been running for about 10 years from what I understand.

You don't need to do a 'visa run' on this visa at all, you don't need to leave Thailand for the entire duration of your membership.

To get a one year extension you simply go to immigration and pay a 1,900 fee for an extension. The extension will be for 1 year on this type of visa.

Have you gotten confirmation about this from TE/immigration ? That you can go to any immigration and pay 1900b and get a 1y extension ?

EDIT: In the TE thread, an owner of the previous TE card mentioned he'd only get 90d entries, no extension under the older TE scheme. I can dig it up for you.

EDIT2: Got it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-9#entry7839988

Yes, I have confirmation of the extension every year. This is one of the selling points of the TE membership - you don't have to leave Thailand at all while you're a member.

The actual answer to this 90 day inaccuracy is clarified two posts below the one you linked to above and here it is :

There seems to be conflicting information about extending permission to stay which, if I've read things correctly, is a major change between the old & new scheme.

- Old Scheme: 90 days on entry, need to extend every 90 days

- New Scheme: 1 year on entry, need to extend every 1yr

Tell me.

I guess it will depend on your past history. If the officer is convinced you are not a tourist he has every right to bar you from entering. I am only stating facts.

As to the maximum length of stay we know a TR gives one 90 days (which I referred to earlier not as a limit but as an example) so if you hold a double entry you should be able to stay 180 days - which is excessive in my opinion as most (employed) people get on average 30 days. Self employed will stay even less (unless they work online).

It is not enough to prove you have money as criminals have more than most, no?

Perhaps embassies should request police clearance and tax clearance before issuing TR visas to suit guys like you? That would really drop tourist numbers.

Bravo ! Genius ! Now tell me which is my appropiate visa if i want to spend a winter holiday in Asia.

• Like 1

caNT disagree more.thai government created the area for american enterntainment
Because I thought already you would disagree, I removed my post in advance and not awaiting your reply.

Good Luck in finding a legal way to stay in Thailand

reapect

Edited by MJCM

"Now, those on a visa run who are allowed back in will find an "O-I" (Out-In) mark next to their latest stamp marking entry. From August 13, nobody with an O-I sign on their passport will be allowed to re-enter Thailand if they cannot produce a proper visa."

How did everybody miss this?

If a genuine tourist on a long stay gets a O-I sign in their passport how long are they not allowed to enter for?

And what is the "proper visa" next time they want to come in if they are under 50 and not working?

sorry but such an important decision, and all is given is a vague statement in The Nation is shambolic.

Nothing states that visa run is banned completely. Continuously visa runs and people with a long history of visa runs are those this scheme is aimed for.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that some people who simply want a long (4-6 months) winter holiday are going to get caught up in this crackdown.

It's not unreasonable to buy a holiday home somewhere warm and go there from September/October through March/April. The full Winter.

The fact that people have to leave the country at all and do a visa run is ridiculous - they should issue 6 months tourist visas for those who come every winter.

• Like 1

Tell me.

I guess it will depend on your past history. If the officer is convinced you are not a tourist he has every right to bar you from entering. I am only stating facts.

As to the maximum length of stay we know a TR gives one 90 days (which I referred to earlier not as a limit but as an example) so if you hold a double entry you should be able to stay 180 days - which is excessive in my opinion as most (employed) people get on average 30 days. Self employed will stay even less (unless they work online).

It is not enough to prove you have money as criminals have more than most, no?

Perhaps embassies should request police clearance and tax clearance before issuing TR visas to suit guys like you? That would really drop tourist numbers.

no you are shiting around dude

thats a job for the consulate,not for the guard..i mean its like that almost everywhere in the world...maybe they are keeping to do that to take the 2000 baht from tourists as long they can?

dont you feel bad when your government takes money for services which does not provide?or thats funny to you because farang is evil?

just saying the thai elite visa service proved you that half of your blubbering does not make any sense

Edited by kaobang