Demonstrators burn Israeli flags at Embassy Protest in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Israel has accepted the Egyptian proposed cease-fire and Hamas have rejected it, does that say anything???

Yes it says that a proposed cease-file by a military government who violently overthrew the Muslim Brotherhood (Hamas's allies) is worthless. Was lifting the blockade a part of it? Very unlikely.

Why does such an anecdotic conflict make people who are not directly concerned so passionate (from either side), in Europe, America...even Asia now. As far as Thailand is concerned it's not even sure the guerilla in the south doesn't kill more people than these middle-eastern trifles.

Very different security challenges, but around 2,600 non Muslim killings attributed to the militants in the past 10 years in the deep South. In the same period approx 300+ Israelis killed due to Islamic terrorism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/casualtiestotal.html

• Like 1

Why does such an anecdotic conflict make people who are not directly concerned so passionate (from either side), in Europe, America...even Asia now. As far as Thailand is concerned it's not even sure the guerilla in the south doesn't kill more people than these middle-eastern trifles.

Very different security challenges, but around 2,600 non Muslim killings attributed to the militants in the past 10 years in the deep South. In the same period approx 300+ Israelis killed due to Islamic terrorism.

And around 4,000 (mostly) Muslims killed in Palestine & Lebanon due to Israeli state terrorism

Sorry Simple1 I know that you're normally reasonably fair and knowledgeable about the region but the above is blatantly one-sided.

Not one sided at all. I was responding to Calach's query on the number of killing by the militants in the deep South, compared to deaths caused by the militant / terrorist actions against Israelis. (Jewish deaths from a Jewish organisation).

• Like 1

I seem to remember when the Islamics laughed at that dried up bit of Land they were give. Now because they turned it into something, they want it back. Like the Chinese with H.K. Blow the Place Up,and give it back the way You were Given it Israel, a pile of rubbish. like the Brits should have done with H.K, or sell it for Trillions to the terrorists..

• Like 1

And around 4,000 (mostly) Muslims killed in Palestine & Lebanon due to Israeli state terrorism

Sorry Simple1 I know that you're normally reasonably fair and knowledgeable about the region but the above is blatantly one-sided.

Not one sided at all. I was responding to Calach's query on the number of killing by the militants in the deep South, compared to deaths caused by the militant / terrorist actions against Israelis. (Jewish deaths from a Jewish organisation).

OK. Apologies - I'm getting carried away by the blind Israeli supporters on this thread.

Some political protests are OK some are not?

What is the criteria now?

Based on recent events, protests against the USA and friends of the USA (Israel) are Okie-dokie.

It would be interesting to see what the response would be to a protest against CHINA.

• Like 1

Tragic events with the 3 Israeli boys but as usual the Israeli response it out of all proportion and is indeed murderous and hateful. I'm glad people are protesting this.

Hamas started firing the rockets after the Israelis started to search a lot of the homes in the area.

Once rockets are fired then the Israeli response is inevitable.

• Like 1

No rockets (which incidentally didn't kill anyone) or no civilian bombings in Gaza has been a chicken and egg conundrum ever since the blockade. It's nothing but bloodthirsty revenge which will create as many more Israel-haters as the two previous atrocities on Gaza.

Iron Dome saw to it that no Israeli's have been killed by rocket fire..............yet

Tragic events with the 3 Israeli boys but as usual the Israeli response it out of all proportion and is indeed murderous and hateful. I'm glad people are protesting this.

Israeli response was NOT to 3 murders but to 1000 rockets fired from Gaza by Hamas

• Like 2