Refused entry at Swampy for 20 minutes

Also.. Guys on Phuket who work rotation have asked immigration if they can still use visa exempt when out of the country 30 days and told no. They will need a 'proper visa' without any definition of what that proper visa is.

Depending in their specific situation, maybe there isn't one. Maybe they should just look to spend their down time in Cambodia, Malaysia, Bali, or the Philippines...all nice tropical Asian countries like Thailand. It's not exactly the end of the world.

Tell that to the women and children they support.. One, a good friend of mine is married (unofficially) to an undocumented immigrant.. He recently saved and (undocumented) adopted an abandoned baby.. He's a big softie with a huge heart who works very hard to support a lot of people.

He can't legally marry.. But supports many..

• Like 1

Also.. Guys on Phuket who work rotation have asked immigration if they can still use visa exempt when out of the country 30 days and told no. They will need a 'proper visa' without any definition of what that proper visa is.

Depending in their specific situation, maybe there isn't one. Maybe they should just look to spend their down time in Cambodia, Malaysia, Bali, or the Philippines...all nice tropical Asian countries like Thailand. It's not exactly the end of the world.

Tell that to the women and children they support.. One, a good friend of mine is married (unofficially) to an undocumented immigrant.. He recently saved and (undocumented) adopted an abandoned baby.. He's a big softie with a huge heart who works very hard to support a lot of people.

He can't legally marry.. But supports many..

somehow i'd dont think his ex-wife would agreewhistling.gif or perhaps hes got aidsrolleyes.gif

Edited by Big BUCKS Bunny

Aids? What are you talking about..?!

Cannot make sense of that last post.

Anyway...

I just returned from an overseas vacation. I have non-immigrant B visa in my passport but the immigration officer still took about 5 minutes scrutinizing my passport flipping every page to see where I had been etc. He never said a word but finally stamped me in. Its not only Immigration that's taking precautions, its all government agencies which are now taking orders from the Military.

Yeah, travelling through immigration today had something similar- I'm on an Ed Visa but for the first time the officer asked a lot of questions about the school, where it was, how long had I stayed in Thailand - my has three Ed Visas and one in/out Cambodia stamp when I needed a 30 day stamp while waiting for paperwork earlier this year- and I was able to answer his questions in Thai, proving that I was using the Ed Visa for it's intended purpose- but it was clear there was a crackdown going on.

• Like 1

If an offshore worker on rotation is refused entry because of "too many stamps" or some other reason it means that the immigration officer did not correctly understand the instructions he was given. Ask for a higher-ranking officer, explain that you are not an "out-in" traveller (a new term coined by immigration), and if this does not help call the government helpline 1111 and have them set the immigration officers straight.

• Like 2

If an offshore worker on rotation is refused entry because of "too many stamps" or some other reason it means that the immigration officer did not correctly understand the instructions he was given. Ask for a higher-ranking officer, explain that you are not an "out-in" traveller (a new term coined by immigration), and if this does not help call the government helpline 1111 and have them set the immigration officers straight.

Glad I have roughly 32 days for this to settle down and see how the land lies. Luckily my work are on side with me and I'll either fly me to the UK or to Thailand for my 28 off.

One thing is for sure. I'll be getting married next time I'm in Thailand. I have been with the wench 8 years and have a 6 year old so it's not a marriage of convenience......I should have done it years ago, this has just given me the push....I think that is what you call an oxymoron statement? Haha

I posted already in another thread.. An oil and gas mate of mine just relayed that one of his friends was denied entry at Swampy.. Also an oil and gas worker returning on a rotation.

Its not a direct friend, so I would still call it a a strong rumor, but its an actual mate of a mate, not some vague "I heard" etc.. The tale as it was told was he was denied entry and had to book his own flight out of the country. How he managed to check into a flight, without clearing immigration, I have no idea.

Arrival by air, not an out in but returning from a rotation, oil and gas.. Think this was day before yesterday.

thanks for the notice. I fly in from my rotation on Wednesday night with five 30 day entries stamped in my passport. I have been worried about this issue for quite some time now and it seems to be becoming an issue. Will update the forum next week

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I guess the oil workers will be heading somewhere where they are welcome to spend their hard earned money then! I have a mate in the oil game in Samui who bought a house back in about 2003, I wonder how he's coping..

Arriving on Wednesday morning myself, I'm not worried but I will start using my new passport now anyway.

The positive thing is that we have heard no confirmed stories about rotational workers getting denied entry into Thailand so far.

• Like 1

Arriving on Wednesday morning myself, I'm not worried but I will start using my new passport now anyway.

The positive thing is that we have heard no confirmed stories about rotational workers getting denied entry into Thailand so far.

no there was a purported one a day or two ago on here. posting from swampy in the containment area

no there was a purported one a day or two ago on here. posting from swampy in the containment area

That post got locked by a Moderator, suspected Troll posting.

Yes and the first thing he did after being denied entry into LOS was to create a ThaiVisa account and posting his issues, never to come back online after a few posts. I hardly call that a confirmed story.

Agree,

Bear in mind there are 100's if not 1000's of us oil workers coming Into Thailand daily. Aside from that particular post I have not seen anywhere on social media any of the lads I work with mention any O&G lads being knocked back.

Edited by Franky Bear
  • Like 1

I just returned from an overseas vacation. I have non-immigrant B visa in my passport but the immigration officer still took about 5 minutes scrutinizing my passport flipping every page to see where I had been etc. He never said a word but finally stamped me in. Its not only Immigration that's taking precautions, its all government agencies which are now taking orders from the Military.

Flipping through your passport for that long or longer happens in every country, just depends on the officer.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

• Like 1

didnt read it to conclusion. what i did read i though it could be trolling too.

didnt read it to conclusion. what i did read i though it could be trolling too.

Because it was the first such post of its kind since the news of the clampdown started many, myself included, were all over it. To be fair if it was bullshit it was a good bit of trolling

Because it was the first such post of its kind since the news of the clampdown started many, myself included, were all over it. To be fair if it was bullshit it was a good bit of trolling

he almost gave you a stroke!

I know man. To be fair I was in the Middle of a horrific hangover after a 8/9'day bender. In fact the hangover still hasn't gone. Bet you feel sorry for me haha

I know man. To be fair I was in the Middle of a horrific hangover after a 8/9'day bender. In fact the hangover still hasn't gone. Bet you feel sorry for me haha

actually I do. he could have caused you to make some sudden decisions that could have affected the rest of your life! if he was joking, that was one of the dirtiest tricks ive ever seen. there are thousands of folks here that may be in that position and who knows what they could do trying to salvage property, family, friends etc??

actually I do. he could have caused you to make some sudden decisions that could have affected the rest of your life! if he was joking, that was one of the dirtiest tricks ive ever seen. there are thousands of folks here that may be in that position and who knows what they could do trying to salvage property, family, friends etc??

Fair comment. As I have said in this post and others. I fly back offshore Sunday. I have the 28 days offshore. Let's see what transpires in that time. I own absolutly zero here. But have the kid and Mrs. I know I am actually ok to love here. I just need to jump through a few hoops. It's all good in reality

Fair comment. As I have said in this post and others. I fly back offshore Sunday. I have the 28 days offshore. Let's see what transpires in that time. I own absolutly zero here. But have the kid and Mrs. I know I am actually ok to love here. I just need to jump through a few hoops. It's all good in reality

get that non-o with the child extension and youre set!

Bloody hell. I am due to be on a plane on Tuesday back to bkk after my 28 out here in Africa. Thinking now of changing the flight to get a night in Dubai and grabbing a tourist visa from there. Or fly Dubai to Hong Kong for a night. What a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Put this on the wrong thread

I finish work in Malaysia in November and am planning to get 90 day O followed by 1 year extension on the grounds I have custody of my kids in Thailand., Is there anyway I can do this a quick way now ? Obviously I cannot spend a month or so in Thailand now as I'm working.

In the period between now and when i finish my contract I plan to go to Thailand twice , next week and mid September. I was counting up the days spent in Thailand this year and I have 6 entry /exits totaling to just under 30 days in country. I have Malaysian residency , which I think helps

I've got the worlds supply of documents to take with me next week but I don't like this feeling of being at the mercy of a Immigration official. I'm actually not looking forward to going through the third degree and is spoiling the anticipation of a break with my Family .The rules were tightened up supposedly to prevent illegal workers and undesirables entering Thailand? , but there doesn't appear to be any clear agenda.

Even people traveling to Thailand a couple of times a year are going to have a rethink and i doubt they'll be using Thailand as their Hub to SE Asia

You can just visit without a problem as you are not continuously staying in Thailand. having documents showing you have a child you are visiting should be another reason why you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks Mario, lets hope so

I've been here for years on T-Visas. Then started teaching with some on-off time (when I had to get another re-entry T-Visa). Am married but getting the required letter permitting to marry would cost thousands of Dollars and the marriage took place in China (=> no apostilles).

The writing is on the wall!

A school hired me in May, promising a 12-months' contract. A few weeks later, they reneged on that and now it's a 10 months' contract and no pay during holidays. OTOH, they have (higher paid) teachers from African countries. One of those has a TOEIC score of barely 500. But he's the most valued member of the Dept. and he gets a nice house on the school grounds for free.

By focusing only on Visas, Immigration is ignoring the bigger picture.

There are countless people with fake degrees and then there are those who shouldn't pose as English teachers because they cannot speak the language.

How about a crack-down on corrupt schools? Some give teachers with no degrees a different job description. Others hire cheap teachers, ignoring that these are not able to deliver.

I've been here for years on T-Visas. Then started teaching with some on-off time (when I had to get another re-entry T-Visa). Am married but getting the required letter permitting to marry would cost thousands of Dollars and the marriage took place in China (=> no apostilles).

The writing is on the wall!

A school hired me in May, promising a 12-months' contract. A few weeks later, they reneged on that and now it's a 10 months' contract and no pay during holidays. OTOH, they have (higher paid) teachers from African countries. One of those has a TOEIC score of barely 500. But he's the most valued member of the Dept. and he gets a nice house on the school grounds for free.

By focusing only on Visas, Immigration is ignoring the bigger picture.

There are countless people with fake degrees and then there are those who shouldn't pose as English teachers because they cannot speak the language.

How about a crack-down on corrupt schools? Some give teachers with no degrees a different job description. Others hire cheap teachers, ignoring that these are not able to deliver.

I get a strong feeling that th school doesn't like your teaching but are trying to avoid a direct confrontation. You say a few things that would put me off employing you from the start.

I think whatever the reason or justifications, it IS a forerunner of what is about to happen.......passports are going to be stared at....passed from one official to another and questions asked....often without being understood and similarly the answers won't be understood.....in the meantime queues will lengthen and tempers will shorten.

It does not sound like you are married to a Thai so being married would not help.

But if you did get married to a Thai in China you would not have do anything but register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe.

Just do a self certification of your marriage certificate at your embassy. Then have your marriage certificate and the certification translated to Thai and have the translation certified at the MFA. Then register your marriage at an Amphoe.