Ex-ministers and senators disclose assets and debts

Lite Beer

cheesy.gif You make a point, he asks you to provide an example and then you whinge when he asks you to clarify..... If you have not got an example, just admit you were talking crap, its much easier.

My dear cakes, with hey bruce's

"but I still assume countries that have corruption at levels where it isn't a major drain on the economy have effective rules and enforcement that make conflict of interests illegal. Thailand isn't one of those countries, and I'll be much surprised if the junta moves significantly in that direction."

I would be arguing on what he states based on what he assumes. I merely pointed out that

- Even countries which have corruption at levels where it is a major drain on the economy may have effective rules and enforcement that make 'conflict of interest' illegal.

- Without going into an (off topic) discussion on where Thailand may be on the 'drain' scale, Thailand at least has effective rules to make 'conflict of interest' illegal. There's even a recent example of this.

after which I turned back to the topic,

Do you have data on what those ex-ministers and senators declared at the start of their term?

In summary, after making claims you can not substantiate, you backpedaled.

Well, if you insist ...

The only 'claim' I made was with regard to Thailand having effective rules to make 'conflict of interest' illegal. Do I really need to dig up one or two examples?

cheesy.gif You make a point, he asks you to provide an example and then you whinge when he asks you to clarify..... If you have not got an example, just admit you were talking crap, its much easier.

"but I still assume countries that have corruption at levels where it isn't a major drain on the economy have effective rules and enforcement that make conflict of interests illegal. Thailand isn't one of those countries, and I'll be much surprised if the junta moves significantly in that direction."

I would be arguing on what he states based on what he assumes. I merely pointed out that

- Even countries which have corruption at levels where it is a major drain on the economy may have effective rules and enforcement that make 'conflict of interest' illegal.

- Without going into an (off topic) discussion on where Thailand may be on the 'drain' scale, Thailand at least has effective rules to make 'conflict of interest' illegal. There's even a recent example of this.

Do you have data on what those ex-ministers and senators declared at the start of their term?

Well, if you insist ...

The only 'claim' I made was with regard to Thailand having effective rules to make 'conflict of interest' illegal. Do I really need to dig up one or two examples?

Yeah, one or two examples that the rules exist and are effectively enforced across the board in Thailand would be great. It might be easier to come up with examples of countries with effective rules and enforcement of conflict of interest laws that still have a corruption problem. I'll let you choose.

Well, if you insist ...

Yeah, one or two examples that the rules exist and are effectively enforced across the board in Thailand would be great. It might be easier to come up with examples of countries with effective rules and enforcement of conflict of interest laws that still have a corruption problem. I'll let you choose.

Since you ask so nicely and politely I'll give two examples of 'conflict of interest' cases in Thailand and even name a country where there are effective rules and enforcement of 'conflict of interest' laws and a corruption problem.

1. 'conflict of interest' case

- Ms. Yingluck, dismissed as PM, 2014-05-07

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724324-pm-yingluck-removed-from-office/

- Thaksin, sentenced to two years imprisonment October 2008

2. 'conflict of interest' laws and corruption

- Thailand

Well, if you insist ...

Since you ask so nicely and politely I'll give two examples of 'conflict of interest' cases in Thailand and even name a country where there are effective rules and enforcement of 'conflict of interest' laws and a corruption problem.

1. 'conflict of interest' case

- Ms. Yingluck, dismissed as PM, 2014-05-07

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724324-pm-yingluck-removed-from-office/

- Thaksin, sentenced to two years imprisonment October 2008

2. 'conflict of interest' laws and corruption

- Thailand

I asked for 'examples that the rules exist and are effectively enforced across the board'. Two examples involving the Shinawatra's isn't across the board Or do you think there are no conflicts of interest in Thailand not associated with that family?

Edited by heybruce